Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210397 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 21: Meeting the humans and failing. Exploring.
« Reply #510 on: November 21, 2011, 10:42:11 pm »

The knight listens and waits for you to stop talking. He then waves the soldiers of the army away. He then speaks in a mildly content voice: Likely pleased that you aren't a murderous monster.

"Anthramarux, my name is Gunstun, second-in-command of the knights of Albreac, and second-in-command of the Swordsborn." He bows to you while holding his chest with his right hand.

"We know of your mother. She has been protecting the villagers around this area. While we haven't seen a whole lot of dragon attacks recently--likely thanks to her--the taxes coming from the people have decreased greatly, and Janette of Albreac is wary of your mother and grumbles when talking about her. I apologize for our offenses against you, but many of us have heard the stories of dragons from other nations, Janette is not exactly trusting, and we're a little unnerved even with your mother about. It doesn't help that the world is about to go up in flames as the kingdoms get angrier and angrier at each-other.

And there's no law against dragons flying around, but the general person around these parts will think that flying above arrow range, but not high in the sky, is an attack, as it's the most advantageous height for dragons. Janette has learned many tips about dragons from her grandfather, and she's made sure that she's not the only one who knows of it.

Anyway, what brings you out of your mother's cave?"

Anthramarux nodded in tune to Gunstuns words. Janette sounded like the sort of problem one could not talk away easily. The gall, to think she was better than them! A pampered house cat sitting on a little tin throne, thinking herself a lion. Why, she should tear her limb from limb! Boil her eyes out of her sockets! Crush her into a fine red pulp! Devour her flesh as an entree! Mount her bleached bones in a pile! She should...woah-calm yourself, girl, now's not the time-the inner voice that sounded like her Mother warned her. 

Anthramarux suppressed a flair of Draconic rage with a puff of acidic mist, which she helpfully aimed away from the Knight.

"Well, it is an honor to meet you, Knight Gunstun. I thank you for the information-I will make sure to stay within legal boundries when I fly from now on.

As for me, I'm actually looking for a cave of my own eventually-perhaps something by the ocean...

I wouldn't want to overburden the land with too many full size Dragons. Ecological reasons and such, I'm sure it's above your head."

She laid down and tilted to one side, using her left claw to prop her head up, while motioning with her right.

"So, what can you tell me about yourself, Gunstun Knight? Why are your men here? What do you think about Dragons, personally? If you don't mind me asking.

For, I am very hungry for knowledge-and not Humans, thankfully! No, never."

Action: After the conversation, Anthramrux will fly toward the Ocean, looking for a sea side cave to inhabit.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 10:47:47 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 22, 2011, 11:30:01 pm »

Cevitil realizes that, really, he can't live like this. His father is dead, and he has no direction. He must... do something, anything.

And thus, he explores for what provisions he can find in the cave, and then walks outside and attempts to get to a high vantage point.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 26, 2011, 10:43:11 am »

bumpbumpbumpbump

Don't have a Dragon Game Fail, Tarran. Like I did.  :-[
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 26, 2011, 04:48:17 pm »

The next turn's actions are half done. I only started writing it again yesterday night. Don't worry, I'll likely get the turn out either today or tomorrow so this RTD won't die so easily.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 27, 2011, 10:00:29 pm »

No moar second page for you. Back to the front.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 27, 2011, 11:52:30 pm »

That's hardly needed. It serves no purpose whatsoever. Everyone has posted their turn, and I wouldn't forget my RTD so easily.

Anyway, action results done, will do everyone's status and location now, and then the turn will be posted. Hopefully.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 27, 2011, 11:55:31 pm »

Spoiler: Yes, it was needed. :P (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 27, 2011, 11:57:57 pm »

Spoiler: Yes, it was needed. :P (click to show/hide)
Oh, well, I'll get the turn finished soon then.

Also, that still isn't a valid reason.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 22: Charisma Victorious. Failshout. Hostile glow.
« Reply #518 on: November 28, 2011, 12:50:52 am »

'Friends, what is the reason for this hostility? I came here hoping to speak with the wise humans I have heard so much about. I mean no harm.' Semakhet says. 'Ah, now I understand. Has my friend Broma not told you about me? How foolish of me to expect wonders from him. I must apologize to you all. I did not see proper introductions were necessary.'

She pauses, bowing her head in respect.

'I am Semakhet, of the mountains. I would be honoured if you would grant me permission to enter your town, guardsman.'

Use that black charisma magic of mine

Try to remember who's in charge in towns like these

[Cha:3+2]: The guardsman grumbles a little. Your words are poor, but your voice is convincing.

He puts his polearm away and signals to somewhere above the gate to the city. Suddenly, the doors open. Huh, that's interesting, there's people above the gates.

"Fine, go on in. Be careful of where you step, though, because there's children in there. And if you get the funny idea to steal something, kill someone, or hurt someone, you won't be coming here ever again." He says. Still grumbling. He cannot believe that he's letting you in. A dragon. In a city.

"Oh, and stay away from Jacklain the blacksmith and his friends. He has recently acquired a book to make dragon armor out of dragon's scales and bones, and I doubt any meeting will go well with him, especially since anyone around here can agree that... well... you're quite impressive looking. He lives in the 'Seaside' portion of the city, so I'd recommend avoiding it. I'd also recommend not staying here too long, as word does spread fast." he says, backing away.

+2 Charisma.

You remember who is typically in charge of towns in Othem: Mayors, who have moderate control over a single city, or town. You also remember that you are currently at a city, not a town.

That's it, get out of here. There must be a way out, find the way out!
[Int:2]: You try to think of where a way out would be, but you cannot, you are too nervous of what is happening to you. So you start randomly picking areas to search through. [6] You find a way out--you trip and roll down a hole which leads all the way to the bottom of the mountain. There's no going back to mother or father, though they'll certainly be looking for you.

You find a place to hide, and go to sleep... ready for some horrible nightmares.

You're doomed. Your soul is mine. You will be one with Inn'ahar.

Nuvian turns around in a U and strikes a menacing glare at the demon, but reconsiders. "Why, greetings, demon ally! It may not look like it, but we're actually on the same side. What say you we find a human civilization to take over - slowly and carefully?" Try to coax the demon into joining me.
[Cha:6][Difficulty:6, met]: You try to coax the demon into joining you. Your words are of quality you'd only see in the higher parts of heaven or the deeper parts of hell.

The demon pacifies. "Your offer is interesting, dragon... but I have a mission, and I will not stray from the mission before I die. I will remember your offer, and I may try to meet with you in the future. May. Try not to die before then, dragon." (note: if he had no mission, he would have joined you. He obviously has an important mission, though, to be walking around on the surface).

He turns away and begins walking. You have no idea which direction he is heading, for you do not know any points to reference it from.

+3 Charisma.

Buy the bag, then go off and ask about the magic people. Put the silver in the bag, of course.
You buy the bag and ask the people around about mages.

They all point to a place of the city, higher up the mountain than the majority of the city but certainly not the highest part of the city. They mention a "Mage's city" and strangely a "Half Dragon" which you did not think could ever happen.

Kin remembered a time when he tried to do a breath attack as a young child. At that time it had been a catastrophe damaging his throat pretty badly. He did recover from it but made him very vary to use it, ever. Now there was a slime invading his (future) home. Kin couldn't allow that and decided to Sonic Breath the Green Slime.

As Kin Sonic Breathed the Green Slime instinct told him to back away so that no splatter would hit him in case he could fire one off.
You take a deep breath, deeper than any human has ever breathed...

And SHOUT!

[1 out of 1d10, 75% damage from teen, round up, 1] The slime ripples, though it continues slithering it's way towards you. That was fantastically poor. You're glad no one was watching.

Oh, wait, the slime was watching...

Err...

Also, I just remembered, I should separate combat. I forgotsies. Will do later.

Go back to cave, grab a few coins (about thirty?) and head off to the northwest after one of those smokestacks.
You suddenly realize you forgot something and go back to your cave, getting about thirty coins (it's hard to count coins as a dragon, dude!). You then decide to go northwest instead of south like previously.

You arrive near a large city. A dozen or so men with sharp weapons walk out. The leading one speaks to you.

"State your business dragon, we know your kind's greed and strength."

You pant, your constant flying is getting to you. You need some rest. You also start shaking slightly at the human. You're not doing it consciously, though.

+3 Agility.

Find Father, ask what must be done to appease him.
You find father, and ask what he wants to be happy.

"...Son, I'll be honest, I've been too easy on you this last few years and I think you should not have this luxury. What would please me would be for you to go to a town and steal their gold by thievery or by force. Actually, I order you to do so."

Perhaps asking father was a bad idea.

Make myself acquainted with my surroundings.
You walk around the area.

There's... not much to say about it besides "quaint", really. It's nice and calm here. Plenty of food, too. It's also away from civilization.

[1]: There is, however, a strange glow coming from somewhere in the forest above your cave. A green glow. A hostile glow. A dangerous glow. Something tells you that the area the cave is in is not as safe as the cave itself. You could ignore it, but it's going to come in contact with you one day or another.

[1]:...

Anthramarux nodded in tune to Gunstuns words. Janette sounded like the sort of problem one could not talk away easily. The gall, to think she was better than them! A pampered house cat sitting on a little tin throne, thinking herself a lion. Why, she should tear her limb from limb! Boil her eyes out of her sockets! Crush her into a fine red pulp! Devour her flesh as an entree! Mount her bleached bones in a pile! She should...woah-calm yourself, girl, now's not the time-the inner voice that sounded like her Mother warned her. 

Anthramarux suppressed a flair of Draconic rage with a puff of acidic mist, which she helpfully aimed away from the Knight.

"Well, it is an honor to meet you, Knight Gunstun. I thank you for the information-I will make sure to stay within legal boundries when I fly from now on.

As for me, I'm actually looking for a cave of my own eventually-perhaps something by the ocean...

I wouldn't want to overburden the land with too many full size Dragons. Ecological reasons and such, I'm sure it's above your head."

She laid down and tilted to one side, using her left claw to prop her head up, while motioning with her right.

"So, what can you tell me about yourself, Gunstun Knight? Why are your men here? What do you think about Dragons, personally? If you don't mind me asking.

For, I am very hungry for knowledge-and not Humans, thankfully! No, never."

Action: After the conversation, Anthramrux will fly toward the Ocean, looking for a sea side cave to inhabit.
"My lady, it should be obvious why we're here! Each city of Isrand has at least one army. And since Albreac is on this island, it shouldn't be all that hard to find us walking about."

"Also, I don't think I would taste that good." He jokes.

You decide that it's enough discussion, and fly to the ocean, north-east (since you gave no directions!), looking for a cave. [6]: You find a large cave. It has a problem, however: On high tides, it partially floods and sections are blocked off to the surface for several minutes. In addition, it's near a nest owned by Team Ant. You don't think that Team Ant would like you settling near here.

+1 Agility

Cevitil realizes that, really, he can't live like this. His father is dead, and he has no direction. He must... do something, anything.

And thus, he explores for what provisions he can find in the cave, and then walks outside and attempts to get to a high vantage point.

You grab two handfuls of gold, and go to the highest point around.

In one direction, you see your mountain range extending further down, and there's several smokestacks behind it.

On the nearly opposite direction, your mountain range also extends. And then you see it: A human city of incredible size and shine. The city is simply gigantic. It has roads and buildings of actual stone, it has many waterways into various parts of the city, including many river ports. The towers are gigantic themselves, being as tall as a mountain and four times as wide as most other towers. There is a enormous marketplace near the sea, and by it is a fantastic town hall. The city continues up the mountain, and on top is a very large, it spans across the mountain and even into it. On top is a large statue of some sort.

Around the city itself are hundreds of towns. Many are also made of stone and have waterways extending into them. There's also a large military castle on a hill, with what must be hundreds training.

You feel immense respect. Such a city must have took hundreds of years to make.

Anyway, you also see ocean as far as the eye can see in two other directions 90 degrees from each.

IronyOwl: You leave your mother and father at a very young age. You don't go far from the cave--the being inside you won't let you--but you do hide from mother and father. You miss all the important lessons and have to rely on yourself. -10 Int, +5 Agility, Strength, and Toughness. In addition, the corruption of your soul and your insanity gets worse. You are beginning to hear voices... horrible, horrible voices... It's getting harder and harder to ignore them. Moderately corrupted soul: Soul is more fragile. Magic casted by you is decently unpredictable. -10 Intelligence. Moderate insanity: -15 Intelligence, -20 Charisma. Soul Invaded: Corrupted soul will get worse each life stage. Insanity will also get worse. Moderate chance (will increase as you grow up) for the invader to overwrite your action. Body may warp horribly as corruption spreads beyond soul (though it will only be notable after the teen stage).

IronyOwl: [2]: Recently, mother and father have been getting closer and closer to you and now you are hiding underneath a tree in it's roots. Mother is outside.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Draignean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hostiles, Kin (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

Ah, finally. Now I can play Skyrim for a few more days. :P And maybe even continue thinking up a universe for a Sci-fi RTD that is going around in my head. No I am not saying that I will make a Sci-Fi RTD, but I'm thinking about it.

Tell me if I made any mistakes or if I misinterpreted your action.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 28, 2011, 01:08:56 am »

Investigate the glow.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 28, 2011, 05:15:27 am »

Anthramarux wanted this cave, but it had some problems...

The tide could potentially leave her trapped, and Gods knows what creatures could sneak up on her. That could be fixed, though-a series of ditches and walls, perhaps, to redirect the flow of water...

The Ant's were a worse one. Anthramarux was sure she could slay one. Or twenty. Or a hundred. But there might be thousands of them in there! Her cool Draconic intellect warned her that could be a very real danger, in sufficent numbers to overpower her.

But, she had studied insects and there sort for a time...one merely had to root out the Queen and the nest would die.

Action: Study the land around the cave-is it possible I can redirect the tide with a bit of physical labor? Also, start picking off ants away from the nest and eating them-see how they taste-and then flying away and seeing how the nest responds, trying to get a number of how many there are.

((OOC: Hmm, I remember you saying about it, but can't find it. Can Dragons swim? How do they react to water?))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 28, 2011, 05:54:51 am »

((OOC: Hmm, I remember you saying about it, but can't find it. Can Dragons swim? How do they react to water?))
They sink like a stone and burn up on contact with water.

More seriously, I'll think I'll go with a more realistic view: Dragons can swim, but only as good as a man without skill in swimming who is several magnitudes larger, stronger, and heavier than a human.

As for how they react, well, basically the same as a human. Though they avoid swimming when they can fly as they view it as a slower and inferior method of travel.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 28, 2011, 07:01:28 am »

Hey, my words weren't poor! Except maybe calling them friends immediately, nobody likes that. >_>

---

'I will not cause any trouble, rest assured. But one question - I would very much like to meet some of the wisest of your kind. Does your city have any philosophers, or scholars, or anyone like that? I am still young, you see, and fascinated by the world beyond my cave. Surely you have often felt the same, even in this land?'

If Semakhet receives any names/instructions, she'll head to one of them. If not, she'll try to find a book shop.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 28, 2011, 07:12:34 am »

Hey, my words weren't poor! Except maybe calling them friends immediately, nobody likes that. >_>
I was saying that they were poor because you got a base roll of 3, not because your words were actually poor or not.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 28, 2011, 07:13:30 am »

Yeah, I figured, but can't a man feel insulted in peace? What is wrong with this day and age?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 136