Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210302 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 21: Meeting the humans and failing. Exploring.
« Reply #495 on: November 20, 2011, 11:21:14 am »

I was heading in one of the smoke stack directions. Which I think are the two cities there. Past me didn't mention it, but then past me is always an irresponsible stupid ass. Wait did I take any coin with me? Crap, it's all the way back there. uh...

Go back to cave, grab a few coins (about thirty?) and head off to the northwest after one of those smokestacks.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 20, 2011, 01:22:21 pm »

Draignean: I honestly am having a hard time deciding what penalties/bonuses I should give you. I mean, your character should have been scared by the human hitting him on the head hard, but you don't really seem to care. Well, I'll let you choose: Was your character scared after the human hit him on the head with a rock?

Yeah, he would have undoubtedly been scared. It's just that I started writing as though I was some unusual from of psychic parasite and I kind of liked it. I can go back down to standard though if it makes things easier for you.

I'm already giving out stat bonuses for people growing up. Draignean just didn't do anything of extreme interest yet, so... he didn't get anything.

Yes it is strange to ramp it up, but considering that you guys will mature to teens in 15 turns and thus nullify your protection, and the starting group will then be in the same age group and will possibly conflict with you, I want to make sure that you get a fighting chance. Unless you feel that it's okay not to get any. It's all up to you guys.

Traits... maybe. Not sure if I have any strong feelings of yes or no right now, so I will think about it if I happen to remember it.

I'm cool, child seemed REALLY short, (Three turns?) but I'm okay with the current system.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 20, 2011, 03:29:19 pm »

"I was merely enjoying the sky and exploring this country from above-it's my first time out of the cave away from my Mother, you know. I suppose I might have violated some sort of air traffic ordinance? I apologize, for I am unaware of the local laws and edicts concerning Dragon Flyovers and the knocking down of Dragons therein. I don't suppose you can summon a Barrister if the issue comes to legal restitution?

Since, I was attempting to stay out of your way at a safe distance...but I can understand if you feared I would take you unawares...tell the Wizard I appreciate he did not lethal force! I mean, we should try to be good neighbors, and I would like to be a good neighbor to good Humans so I suppose...Mother said we shouldn't eat Humans who don't try to hurt us, and that's just a rule everyone should live by, I agree.

Oh, I may have violated decorum as well, sorry. I am the Dragoness Anthramarux, Daughter of Talathraxis. Do you know of my mother?

Dwarmin, can you please change the color you're using to a darker color for us Core theme users? The text is a little bright for that theme.

Yeah, he would have undoubtedly been scared. It's just that I started writing as though I was some unusual from of psychic parasite and I kind of liked it. I can go back down to standard though if it makes things easier for you.
Your choice.

Honestly, I'd prefer it if you acted more in character so I could understand what your character is feeling, but it isn't strictly necessary.

I'm cool, child seemed REALLY short, (Three turns?) but I'm okay with the current system.
No, baby is 5 turns. You joined in on turn 16, so you increase in age on turn 21.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 20, 2011, 03:38:59 pm »

I can adjust to your handicap! Does this work?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 20, 2011, 03:43:20 pm »

If you wanted to keep the light green, maybe you could put a black glow around your text like this?

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 20, 2011, 03:48:04 pm »

No, too bright.

Try this web page: http://www.december.com/html/spec/color.html

Plenty of colors there to pick from. Pick your favorite.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 20, 2011, 04:15:53 pm »

Darkling rules!

Can you see that?

asasas

Or this?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 20, 2011, 04:27:57 pm »

Your choice.

Honestly, I'd prefer it if you acted more in character so I could understand what your character is feeling, but it isn't strictly necessary.

Gotcha, no problem to change. It just amused me.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 20, 2011, 04:41:21 pm »

Darkling rules!

Can you see that?

asasas

Or this?
Yes, I can see both.

And Darkling Sux just because you said it rules. So there.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 20, 2011, 04:47:58 pm »

:(

You should use Darkling, it's easier on the eyes.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 20, 2011, 05:00:30 pm »

No thanks. I prefer to have darkling only on the Dwarf Fortress section of the forums. It fits the mood there, I don't think it'd fit the mood around here.

And I don't think the Core theme is bad on my eyes, honestly. I don't see anything that immediately blinds me.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 21, 2011, 12:00:10 am »

Alright, I just realized some things must be done.

1: Draignean needs to post his action. -Bolded so you can see it.
2: Draignean needs a negative status since he was scared. I'll edit it in last turn.
And 3: Dwarmin needs his conversation done. Doing so now.

Conversation: Dwarmin.
"I was merely enjoying the sky and exploring this country from above-it's my first time out of the cave away from my Mother, you know. I suppose I might have violated some sort of air traffic ordinance? I apologize, for I am unaware of the local laws and edicts concerning Dragon Flyovers and the knocking down of Dragons therein. I don't suppose you can summon a Barrister if the issue comes to legal restitution?

Since, I was attempting to stay out of your way at a safe distance...but I can understand if you feared I would take you unawares...tell the Wizard I appreciate he did not lethal force! I mean, we should try to be good neighbors, and I would like to be a good neighbor to good Humans so I suppose...Mother said we shouldn't eat Humans who don't try to hurt us, and that's just a rule everyone should live by, I agree.

Oh, I may have violated decorum as well, sorry. I am the Dragoness Anthramarux, Daughter of Talathraxis. Do you know of my mother?

The knight listens and waits for you to stop talking. He then waves the soldiers of the army away. He then speaks in a mildly content voice: Likely pleased that you aren't a murderous monster.

"Anthramarux, my name is Gunstun, second-in-command of the knights of Albreac, and second-in-command of the Swordsborn." He bows to you while holding his chest with his right hand.

"We know of your mother. She has been protecting the villagers around this area. While we haven't seen a whole lot of dragon attacks recently--likely thanks to her--the taxes coming from the people have decreased greatly, and Janette of Albreac is wary of your mother and grumbles when talking about her. I apologize for our offenses against you, but many of us have heard the stories of dragons from other nations, Janette is not exactly trusting, and we're a little unnerved even with your mother about. It doesn't help that the world is about to go up in flames as the kingdoms get angrier and angrier at each-other.

And there's no law against dragons flying around, but the general person around these parts will think that flying above arrow range, but not high in the sky, is an attack, as it's the most advantageous height for dragons. Janette has learned many tips about dragons from her grandfather, and she's made sure that she's not the only one who knows of it.

Anyway, what brings you out of your mother's cave?"

On another note: My god Skyrim ate up my day holy crap. On the bright side, I got to fly via giant's hammer. More than once. :P

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 21, 2011, 12:09:06 am »

Find Father, ask what must be done to appease him.
---

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 21, 2011, 12:17:25 am »

Make myself acquainted with my surroundings.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 21, 2011, 03:29:05 am »

On another note: My god Skyrim ate up my day holy crap. On the bright side, I got to fly via giant's hammer. More than once. :P
Called it. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 136