Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210277 times)

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 20: All grown up.
« Reply #480 on: November 18, 2011, 08:53:20 pm »

Contemplate whether I am hungry; if I am, continue hunting and contemplating the silver. If I am not hungry, find my way back to the cave, and find mother.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 20: All grown up.
« Reply #481 on: November 18, 2011, 09:00:59 pm »

Contemplate whether I am hungry; if I am, continue hunting and contemplating the silver. If I am not hungry, find my way back to the cave, and find mother.
GODDAMMIT MAN WHAT IS WITH YOU AND SILVER.

Seriously, I'm just going to ignore that part of your action because I seriously cannot think of what else I can say about silver. Not to mention I don't want to think about it.

Anyway, the turn is fairly done already, so it should be out tonight or tomorrow sometime. Likely tonight.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 21: Meeting the humans and failing. Exploring.
« Reply #482 on: November 20, 2011, 04:07:19 am »

While I wait for the rim of the sky to download, let me slow down the download by posting this turn! What a brilliant idea!

Just a note: Depending on whether or not I like Skyrim, the next update could be delayed for a little bit.

Also, on a COMPLETELY unrelated note: everyone pray for me not to get sick. Both my mother and father are sick, and it would suck quite a bit for all people involved in this RTD in any way if I become sick. ;)

Explore to the south.
You look around to the south.

You see: Mountains.

And more mountains.

And more mountains.

...It's a mountain range, what did you expect to find without any knowledge of any locations or any specific goals?

Take my now (most likely) bigger handfuls of silver and go see if I can procure a bag of somekind to hold the stuff with in one of the cities. If not, at least ask if there are any mages or other magic folk nearby in the cities.
You take your silver to a city.

...Man it's a long trip. It takes several hours at the very least. And that's with flying.

You near the gates of a city. The people look at you mostly indifferently, but with a slight bit of distrust. None really look scared, though.

You go to one of the low-value merchants and ask for a large bag. He looks at you. "Three silver for a large bag. Standard price, I assure you." He says as he pulls out a bag slightly larger than your head.

Do you want to buy it? (free action, post your next action after responding)

+2 Agility.

With a new age came a new idea. Today was the day Kin had decided to leave the cave. His fathers endless quests for anything that fancied him at the time had made Kin more prepared for what the outside world could throw at him. Now where would he have his new home.

Ah, yes. That other dragon Kin had met earlier in his teens should now been long gone. He could take that cave as his own which also were closer to the cliff with the precious minerals.

Kin started his journey towards that cave he had visited by chance from his earlier years. He was going to make that cave his new home. One small step for a teenager, a giant leap for Kin.
You bid goodbye to your family and fly over to the new cave where that other dragon had been. He's not there anymore. [1] It's pretty obvious why, there's a green slime lurking in the cave. From inside yourself, something tells you that this thing is incredibly dangerous even though it really doesn't look like it can hurt you. It (very slowly) make's it's way towards you, so just ignoring it won't work, as it'll get you in your sleep.

It's times like these that you wish you had flame breath.

((Yes, it will slime--and kill--you if you try to melee it. If you get too close it will also try to slime you))

Nuvian was finally grown up. With newfound agility, she realized that now, if she wanted to reign over a human civilization, she would have to practice hunting and being intimidating! Leave home and hunt for medium-sized animals from the air.
You fly around and look for animals to hunt. [1] you fly down and knock an animal off it's feet. Looking around you find out that... it was a Demon Captain.

"Do you have a death wish, vermin?" He speaks out angrily as he pulls out a frigid mace and his shield. He is taller than a human, larger, and in heavy armor. He has two large horns and a tail. His skin is red and his hair is black.

...Oops.

+1 Agility.

EAT THE REST OF THE DAMN HUMAN YOU USELESS TWERP!
You eat all that's edible off of the human.

...That doesn't really help your mood. Your head still aches and you still have some fear of humans.

You're full, though, at least.

You eventually give in to the pain in your head, and decide to go to sleep... in pain. What a fantastic way to spend your free years!

Now prepare for hell, because now you're a child. Aaaaannndddd... you're father is going to turn you into a mindless slave/copy of himself/monster.

Search through the darkness for anything interesting. Especially knowledge or magic, however...
You search around for something interesting. [4] You find a book. You open it and... somehow, despite you knowing nothing of the language, you understand it. Which is creepy.

What's more creepy is the fact that you are literally seeing things as you read it. Disturbing things... you [Invader:Do not interrupt] look away and slam the book shut before you start going insane further. You have a feeling that that book isn't supposed to display images in your mind.

Tell Mother that I'm leaving to find my own home. Then... well, leave. Fly away and try to avoid anything that looks or seems dangerous to me, looking for a cave to call my own.

In other words, I'm throwing myself to the Wolves. I plan to eat all the Wolves :3

You bid your mother goodbye and fly away, looking for somewhere to live.

[4]: You find a very generic cave, really. It's next to a nice little creek, at least. You notice that there are some very colorful large treefrogs in ponds next to the river. Their croaks are entertaining and friendly. One of them looks right at you and croaks, apparently welcoming you to the neighborhood. You seriously doubt they have the intelligence to welcome you, though.

Visit this nearby town, being careful not to act in a hostile manner in any way
You go to the nearby city and try to make friends. [Evilness:5] For some reason they look at you like you're a very evil being. [Trustworthiness:3] They don't seem to trust you. [Intimidation:3] "Stay away from the defenseless, don't open your mouth more than you need to, and move slowly." A man says while he has his polearm out. [Fame:2-2] None of them seem to recognize you.

Well, that's certainly not a good start. You might want to start working your absurd charisma on them about now.

Action: Anthramarux flies out of the cave and starts exploring the land around her. She looks for Human settlements, naturally-keeping at safe height to avoid those annoying archers.
You fly around the area. The area is dotted with towns and farms. Ships are seen passing in the shallows north-east. Lots of them. Far west north-west is a large city.

You, naturally, keep at a height above arrow height. That's all fine and well when we're talking about arrows.

We're not talking about arrows, we're talking about mages with Magic Missile. You eventually come across a town with a mage who casts Magic Missile. You try to dodge but the missiles of magic hit despite all your attempts. Strangely, they do not hurt. The mage must not be aiming to hurt you, he must just be trying to keep you out of the air at that height.

Regardless, you are stunned and plummet, managing to recover yourself just in time to only make you take minor bruises from the fall.

Then a knight comes up out of nowhere and asks: "State your business dragon."

You are slightly annoyed right now, but then again, you did fly above arrow height and likely scared them in a way.

[2] Then all of a sudden at least 40 human soldiers pop out of the treeline. You apparently flew over an army training camp or something. Your amazing intelligence suggests that your chance to win in combat is about... 2%. Friendly action is suggested for survival.

+2 Agility.

You aren't hungry and so go home to mother.

You quickly realize that the GM missed saying that you went back and find yourself in the cave in a split second. Mother is in front of you.

Draignean: Your encounter with the human has scared you quite a bit, he hurt you hard. And he didn't even look that dangerous! You are now scared of humans, but at the same time you now know they can be mildly tasty food. Deep Fear of Humans:[/b] Roll against a 1 when talking to a human (fail=unable to talk to them for 3 turns), Intimidation rolls against you from a human get +1, removed by defeating, killing or scaring humans multiple times. Has eaten Human once: You have eaten a human at one time in the past. And in a way, you now view humans as food if need be. Your eyes tell the humans this too. This gives you a 1/6 chance each turn for a human to see the hunger your eyes and end the conversation abruptly. Eating more humans will give Intimidation bonuses against them, but also increase the penalty.

Draignean: [2]: Your father has been particularity agitated recently...

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Draignean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

Tell me if I missed anything, I have a nagging feeling that I might have missed something, but I'm not in the mood to look for it a whole lot.

Also, Draignean and Ironyowl, a question: The other players had huge stat changes early in the game before I cut down on it. And so far you two aren't getting a whole lot of gains or losses. Do you want me to give you a single bonus of some amount, or a amplification of stat changes for 5 turns or so? Or maybe something else to compensate?

Also, I forgot to tell everyone how long I plan Teen to be. I plan for it to be until turn 80, or 60 turns in the teen stage. Any oppositions, or is it okay?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:03:31 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 20, 2011, 04:18:43 am »

Just a note: Depending on whether or not I like Skyrim, the next update could be delayed for a little bit.
Whelp, that's the end of this game for a while.

Also, Draignean and Ironyowl, a question: The other players had huge stat changes early in the game before I cut down on it. And so far you two aren't getting a whole lot of gains or losses. Do you want me to give you a single bonus of some amount, or a amplification of stat changes for 5 turns or so? Or maybe something else to compensate?
Dunno. Possibly just an end-of-age bonus depending on how things went in general?

Also, I forgot to tell everyone how long I plan Teen to be. I plan for it to be until turn 80, or 60 turns in the teen stage. Any oppositions, or is it okay?
Seems excessively long to me. 60 turns is a massive, massive amount of time.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 20, 2011, 04:21:41 am »

That's true. I've been running Castlevania since February and we're only just now around Turn 140. ^^^; Maybe 20-25 would be better, and just have Adult 'absorb' the amount of turns Teen would have had?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 20, 2011, 04:38:30 am »

Whelp, that's the end of this game for a while.
Hehe, not necessarily. Eventually my conscience will get to me. In addition, there's plenty of time every once and a while in a day where I don't play any heavy games and just watch videos. I could definitely pack an update somewhere in there.

Dunno. Possibly just an end-of-age bonus depending on how things went in general?
Of what kind? You need to be more specific.

Seems excessively long to me. 60 turns is a massive, massive amount of time.
Indeed it is.

However, D22 has lasted that long with MUCH more complex rules and, unless I die or the forums die, I should be around that long. In addition, Zealots and Demons, CvRTD, and Roll To Roll To Dodge have survived longer than that, so I'm pretty sure this RTD could last.

Regardless, Teen stage will basically be as good as the Adult stage. You can do pretty much anything in the Teen stage that you could do in the Adult stage. You can travel, influence countries, become monsters... The difference between the stages, however, is there, it's just not hugely significant. Mostly differences in stats and roleplaying. So I don't feel bad about the length, because I'm not denying the players a whole lot of the game in all honesty.

That's true. I've been running Castlevania since February and we're only just now around Turn 140. ^^^; Maybe 20-25 would be better, and just have Adult 'absorb' the amount of turns Teen would have had?
20-25 is far too little in my opinion. Hardly enough to settle down and influence/search the world. The minimum I would be willing to settle is around 40 without a huge majority saying that 40 is too much.

And what do you mean by "Absorb"? Do you mean replace? Or do you mean have adult the same length as what I would have planned it, just with all the teen years that have been taken away added?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 20, 2011, 04:52:11 am »

adult the same length as what I would have planned it, just with all the teen years that have been taken away added?

Yes, that's correct. ^^^ About Irony's second point, I think he meant like the 'growth' update you did a turn or two ago for most players, but you make the changes more drastic. That's how I'm taking it, although I'm not 100% certain that's what he meant. Anyway it's up to you as the GM what each length of life should be; just throwing in an opinion since it was asked for. ^^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 20, 2011, 04:57:11 am »

Of what kind? You need to be more specific.
Well, I was just thinking stat boosts, but it's a little odd to tone down attribute gain and then be forced to ramp it up for newer players to compensate. Maybe more/better traits? That might have the same issue of being over the top as stat boosts were, though.

Indeed it is.

However, D22 has lasted that long with MUCH more complex rules and, unless I die or the forums die, I should be around that long. In addition, Zealots and Demons, CvRTD, and Roll To Roll To Dodge have survived longer than that, so I'm pretty sure this RTD could last.

Regardless, Teen stage will basically be as good as the Adult stage. You can do pretty much anything in the Teen stage that you could do in the Adult stage. You can travel, influence countries, become monsters... The difference between the stages, however, is there, it's just not hugely significant. Mostly differences in stats and roleplaying. So I don't feel bad about the length, because I'm not denying the players a whole lot of the game in all honesty.
Those are very, very longrunning games, and most are still around 140 I think. At that point, it's more apt to say it's some kind of anniversary bonus than another phase of the game.

However, if there's no particularly important difference between the two, then I guess that'll work fine. I think age-end things are an integral enough part of the game that you might consider handing them out every ten-twenty turns or so, and then just apply some sort of "adult now" buff on reaching the requisite age, but I suppose that's highly subjective.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 20, 2011, 04:57:26 am »

'Friends, what is the reason for this hostility? I came here hoping to speak with the wise humans I have heard so much about. I mean no harm.' Semakhet says. 'Ah, now I understand. Has my friend Broma not told you about me? How foolish of me to expect wonders from him. I must apologize to you all. I did not see proper introductions were necessary.'

She pauses, bowing her head in respect.

'I am Semakhet, of the mountains. I would be honoured if you would grant me permission to enter your town, guardsman.'

Use that black charisma magic of mine

Try to remember who's in charge in towns like these
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 20, 2011, 05:11:16 am »

Anyway it's up to you as the GM what each length of life should be; just throwing in an opinion since it was asked for. ^^^;
Yes I know it's up to me and I also asked for opinion. I'm not against opinions, to be truthful. I'm just looking to see if there's any super-mega-important reasons why I should not do X, and arguing back to see how "strong" the reason is.

Well, I was just thinking stat boosts, but it's a little odd to tone down attribute gain and then be forced to ramp it up for newer players to compensate. Maybe more/better traits? That might have the same issue of being over the top as stat boosts were, though.
I'm already giving out stat bonuses for people growing up. Draignean just didn't do anything of extreme interest yet, so... he didn't get anything.

Yes it is strange to ramp it up, but considering that you guys will mature to teens in 15 turns and thus nullify your protection, and the starting group will then be in the same age group and will possibly conflict with you, I want to make sure that you get a fighting chance. Unless you feel that it's okay not to get any. It's all up to you guys.

Traits... maybe. Not sure if I have any strong feelings of yes or no right now, so I will think about it if I happen to remember it.

However, if there's no particularly important difference between the two, then I guess that'll work fine. I think age-end things are an integral enough part of the game that you might consider handing them out every ten-twenty turns or so, and then just apply some sort of "adult now" buff on reaching the requisite age, but I suppose that's highly subjective.
Hum... possibly.

Anyway, you planning on making your action? I mean, the stuff we're talking about right now won't effect anything in your turns at all.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 05:13:21 am by Tarran »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 20, 2011, 07:38:31 am »

Yeah, just kinda spaced it out. And, y'know, not expecting a turn for several days. >_>

That's it, get out of here. There must be a way out, find the way out!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 20, 2011, 07:42:27 am »

Anthramarux shook her limbs to brush away the shock of the fall. She regarded the creature speaking to her. He was a  'Knight', she was sure. Armor and weapons and training...usually honorable, but...not always. She both admired him for his bravery, and wondered how good he would taste properly stewed in her acid. Oh dear.

Nodding regally, she addressed the Knight in her smoothest voice, though she had never got over the habit of speaking rapidly in a confusing chatter.

"I was merely enjoying the sky and exploring this country from above-it's my first time out of the cave away from my Mother, you know. I suppose I might have violated some sort of air traffic ordinance? I apologize, for I am unaware of the local laws and edicts concerning Dragon Flyovers and the knocking down of Dragons therein. I don't suppose you can summon a Barrister if the issue comes to legal restitution?

Since, I was attempting to stay out of your way at a safe distance...but I can understand if you feared I would take you unawares...tell the Wizard I appreciate he did not lethal force! I mean, we should try to be good neighbors, and I would like to be a good neighbor to good Humans so I suppose...Mother said we shouldn't eat Humans who don't try to hurt us, and that's just a rule everyone should live by, I agree.

Oh, I may have violated decorum as well, sorry. I am the Dragoness Anthramarux, Daughter of Talathraxis. Do you know of my mother?

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 03:38:13 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 20, 2011, 08:05:49 am »

Nuvian turns around in a U and strikes a menacing glare at the demon, but reconsiders. "Why, greetings, demon ally! It may not look like it, but we're actually on the same side. What say you we find a human civilization to take over - slowly and carefully?" Try to coax the demon into joining me.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 20, 2011, 09:21:16 am »

Buy the bag, then go off and ask about the magic people. Put the silver in the bag, of course.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #494 on: November 20, 2011, 10:05:27 am »

Kin remembered a time when he tried to do a breath attack as a young child. At that time it had been a catastrophe damaging his throat pretty badly. He did recover from it but made him very vary to use it, ever. Now there was a slime invading his (future) home. Kin couldn't allow that and decided to Sonic Breath the Green Slime.

As Kin Sonic Breathed the Green Slime instinct told him to back away so that no splatter would hit him in case he could fire one off.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 136