Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210290 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 20: All grown up.
« Reply #450 on: November 16, 2011, 05:16:58 pm »

Ye gods, only two days and this falls to the second page? ???

Anyway, mid-way between turns, I realized something:

If players pass a few years when aging up, then that would lead to something strange like someone previously being the same age as someone else then suddenly aging up.

...I really don't know what I should do about it, if I want to do anything about it, or if there is anything that can be done about it. So I guess the current system of sudden age-jumps will remain in place. I'd rather not have to deal with exact age stuff. Sorry anyone who is roleplaying, but I just really don't feel like working on a new system. If you want me to extend your age-level at the cost of taking time away from the next age-level for the sake of roleplaying, say so.

On the same branch, is the changing of kingdom leaders and etc. I figure a similar system: Every 50 (*+5) turns (*if players are busy with kingdoms), there will be a "Jump", in which leaders will die and be replaced, and 5 random events will happen at once.

Go back inside and meditate on all that has happened. Maybe bury mother. Tomorrow... Tomorrow is where my journey truly begins.
You go back and think about what has happened.

You start to slink into a deep depression...

Go looking for swamp treasures.
You go looking in the swamp forest (see my post above) for treasure.

Without any idea of where treasure would be, you find absolutely nothing. Nice try, but there's no way you're going to find treasure in a generic swamp forest.

You return home, frustrated.

Lead Broma into the room with the throne and ask him if he knows anything about it
You lead Broma into the room with the throne.

He shrugs. He has never heard about "Nethack" before. He assumes the throne is like any other throne.

You suddenly feel sleepy, and Broma also needs to head home, so he says goodbye.

As Kin picked up the spikes he looked back at the cliff. "I'm gonna make this my place someday."

Kin started to walk home with his haul. His father couldn't complain now.
You return home to father. He is mildly pleased with your finds.

He lets you sleep now. Goddamn jerk... Oh well, time to sleep.

"Don't be sad Mother. Maybe one day I'll be powerful enough to bring Dad back from Heaven."

Sometime later, she decided to take her steps outside the cave. Already, it was beginning to feel...as if she had seen everything here. The cave was alot smaller than she remembered it being, now. In fact, lots of things were changing...she took a strip of cloth and rope that was lying around the cave, formed it into a small pack that swung over her shoulder (she had similiar things on the hu-man warriors before), and stored a little bit of food and the bracelet in it. Ready to go!

Anthramarux was restless to see what was out there...not that she would go alone. I mean, it would pretty scary out there! Lucky she had such a good mom.

Anthramarux began annoying Mother by jumping and running around her in circles in a flurry of youthful energy. "Mooooother! I'm ready to explore! Lets go! You must show me the World!"

Action:Go outside of the Home Cave, and ask Mother to help me to explore the land around here. Ask her about the lands we live in.
((Please use a darker font for your character, it's nearly too bright to read for the Core theme.))

Mother grabs you.

"No, dear, in a few years. You are not large or strong enough. There are plenty out there that can hurt or kill you. You need to be a larger target."

"However... I certainly can tell you about this fine Merchant Republic of Isrand..." ((Rather than me just explaining everything now, you can now try to "remember" [Which is a free action] what your mother has told you at any time and, depending on various factors, your mother may have told you about your selected subject))

Mildly disappointed, you stop struggling. You listen to mother.

Try all of the gases with silver coins, then go grab some more to make up for the likely losses.
You throw coins into all of the gases.

One makes a coin red hot and then melts the coin.
One makes a coin very wet.
One gets dusty with dirt and covered with dirt.
One suddenly flies away wildly at lethal speeds.
One makes a coin multicolored again.
One makes a coin a solid circle, free of all cracks and damage.
One suddenly explodes with microbes.
One is unaffected, but you feel the coin become completely devoid of all live. ALL life. Not even a microbe lives.

You suddenly feel tired. You decide to go to sleep somewhere safer...

Carefully hunt for a small animal! Carefully! Think of the physical and mental properties of the silver I carry.
You look around for a small animal. [3]: You find a large dog. It's barks and sharp teeth make you reconsider.

[5]: You find a feral pig! You nom on it. It's tasty.

You then think about the silver. It's silver, it's precious, Werewolfs don't like it, it's heavy, and... that's about it.

Raikonai snarled at nothing in particular. Possible everything. Barely out of the egg, and already in a foul mood.

Hunt and devour something in the dark.
You look for something to eat. [5] You eat a fat rat. Yummy.

You would be happy for such a nice meal... if it weren't for the fact that you're unwillingly sharing your body with something from a nightmare.

"Hm. Useful to know what it is, but not how I get past the barrier.. Well, that can wait untill later. Can you teach me how to read?"

Ask the Lich to teach me. How to read. (Or maybe other things... like MAGIC! Preferably not evil magic if the Lich knows non-evil magic...)

[Int:2][Lich Int:2+1][Fail]: You ask the Lich to teach you how to read and cast magic.

Not only is your mind turning out to be incapable of learning, but the Lich doesn't manage to explain it very well.

-2 Int for CONSTANT Intelligence failures.

Disappointed, you return home.

BITE THE ARM THAT WAS HOLDING THE ROCK OFF! GET ANGRY, NOT WHINY.

I'M A DRAGON DAMNIT, NOT A TODDLER.

Barely manning up, you run over to the human and bite his arm off.

...You honestly don't know what you feel right now. Some kind of mix between revenge, fear, pain, anger, and a want to leave the room. Just a whole mix of emotions that your baby self can just barely handle.

Regardless, your father looks... pleased... in an evil way.

Age up:
1: Talarion
2: Aklyon
3: Dermonster
4: Repulsion
5: Digital Hellhound
6: Freeformschooler
7: KineseN
8: Dwarmin

Are now Teenagers.

Positive:
You can now understand words and can speak well.
You are now somewhat more dangerous, being the size of two horses.
You can now leave your cave whenever you want and either explore or settle your own cave. You may also stay with your parents (if you have any) until Adult for additional safety, in return for a penalty due to "not growing up".
You can now understand human written languages and can write it yourself.

Negative:
I will officially be sending hostile encounters your way every once and a while.
I will be harsher if possible.

Roleplaying notes:
Your character will either calm down, or get even more active.
Your character is now less trusting.
Your character is now even more greedy for gold.
Your character, if he/she has never encountered humans in a friendly way, will view humans as an inferior race. Those who have had negative encounters will view humans as vermin. This can change with negative/positive encounters.
Humans and you now have a more... "rigid" relationship. Mutual fear, so to say.

Talarion: You struggle to learn how to read and write. No matter how hard you tried, you just could not figure out either. You just struggled until recently. This has pushed out time to learn other intellectual things, and thus you are not as smart as other dragons. -5 Int.
Aklyon: Your wings were never the same. The cause is unknown. You don't know if it was the smacking into a wall, or the disinigration, or your lack of use, but your wings are just... weak. -3 Agility. However, you have explored a lot, and experimented moderately. +3 Int.
Dermonster: You are very traumatized. From your sister killing your mother, to being hurt by humans, to killing your own sister to becoming an orphan... It's too much for your young self, and are destabilized as a result. In addition, you miss a whole lot of lessons from mother and spend a long time talking to nobody. You have to fend for yourself. -10 Charisma, -10 Intelligence, +3 Strength, +3 Agility, +3 Toughness. Mother Trauma: Roll against a 2 when talking to mothers (fail=unable to talk to them for 3 turns), cannot be removed until Adult. Sister Trauma: Roll against a 2 when talking to a girl that has a sister when their sister is around (fail=unable to talk to them for 3 turns), cannot be removed until Adult. Deep Fear of Humans: Roll against a 1 when talking to a human (fail=unable to talk to them for 3 turns), Intimidation rolls against you from a human get +1, removed by defeating, killing or scaring humans multiple times.
Repulsion: The loss of your father did not come easy to you. You had to live with the fact that your father--who you only got to see for a few hours--was dead forever. Father Trauma: Roll against a 2 when talking to mothers (fail=unable to talk to them for 3 turns), cannot be removed until Adult. In addition, you did not exercise your intellect a whole lot. -3 Int. However, you find out that your body has some regenerative capabilities! Slightly Regenerative: You regain 1 HP per 2 turns.
Digital Hellhound: Your human friend spreads the word of you. Good words, by the way. You are known throughout his village and in some parts of the city it's attached to. +5 Fame, -5 Evilness. In addition, you learn more and more of how to deal with humans ((If you try to remember something, which is a free action, I will tell you relevant information)), and are thus more charismatic and smarter. +3 Charisma, +3 Int.
Freeformschooler: Your scaring of the teenager leads to distrust from the natives. It's a very minor effect, though. +1 Fame, +1 Evilness. You get some decent wing usage. +1 Agility, +1 Strength.
KineseN: Your killing of a bear while a child and general huge amount of physical actions makes you stronger. +3 Strength, +3 Agility, and +3 Toughness.
Dwarmin: Your brain is packed full of stuff and information. +5 Intelligence. Your body and wings, however, are mildly disappointed in you. -3 Strength, -3 Agility.

All HP is restored.

HP max increased to match age up.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Draignean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

Spoiler: Event (click to show/hide)

Recently, a dragon has been burning villages from the Western Alliance, who had previously had a "Be friendly" policy towards dragons, which is unheard of in all other kingdoms. Their relationship towards dragons in a section of their lands has now been severely disrupted, and many wish for the dragons to simply leave them alone. Knights have been sent after the dragon.

Relations towards dragons deteriorate in The Western Alliance: From Large Friends (F-3 H-5) to Mildly Friendly (F-2 H-4 worse).

Ye gods what a turn.

Anyway, I believe it is done. Not 100% sure though. Tell me if I made any mistakes or made stuff sub-par in a way.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 05:38:31 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 16, 2011, 05:30:45 pm »

Nuuuuu my intelligence! Goddammit Elf!

Um, hmm. I need a goal. Okay. Now completely failing on a way as to follow through with that goal. Oh well.

Explore to the south.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 16, 2011, 05:32:09 pm »

Finally can get out of this rather boring cave, though it has interesting gases, I should remember those. Are there any magic-users or related near me and my highish Int?

(you put the +3 in the recent for Toughness, not Int Tarran ;) )
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 16, 2011, 05:37:24 pm »

Finally can get out of this rather boring cave, though it has interesting gases, I should remember those. Are there any magic-users or related near me and my highish Int?
Not that you know of.

Outside of your knowledge, you could always ask inside the cities. You've got two next to you.

(you put the +3 in the recent for Toughness, not Int Tarran ;) )
Actually, I did far more than that. For some bizarre reason I gave you all of Dermonster's positives. I have no idea how that happened.

Fixing.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 16, 2011, 05:50:07 pm »

Take my now (most likely) bigger handfuls of silver and go see if I can procure a bag of somekind to hold the stuff with in one of the cities. If not, at least ask if there are any mages or other magic folk nearby in the cities.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #455 on: November 16, 2011, 07:05:31 pm »

With a new age came a new idea. Today was the day Kin had decided to leave the cave. His fathers endless quests for anything that fancied him at the time had made Kin more prepared for what the outside world could throw at him. Now where would he have his new home.

Ah, yes. That other dragon Kin had met earlier in his teens should now been long gone. He could take that cave as his own which also were closer to the cliff with the precious minerals.

Kin started his journey towards that cave he had visited by chance from his earlier years. He was going to make that cave his new home. One small step for a teenager, a giant leap for Kin.

I took a look over the map and never saw a light-blue D on it.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 16, 2011, 07:13:40 pm »

Nuvian was finally grown up. With newfound agility, she realized that now, if she wanted to reign over a human civilization, she would have to practice hunting and being intimidating! Leave home and hunt for medium-sized animals from the air.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 16, 2011, 07:20:38 pm »

I took a look over the map and never saw a light-blue D on it.
That color is CYAN. Not light blue. Cyan is blue+green. This is light blue.

See: South-west of the capital (star symbol) of Iberia. According to MSpaint, it's light blue with a very small amount of purple.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 16, 2011, 10:13:58 pm »

Been lurking for a while, now posting to officially watch (and waitlist 'cause why not?). ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 16, 2011, 10:22:02 pm »

Oh hey Serious. I thought you had no interest in this RTD! But, now that you're officially watching, maybe I'll be able to squeeze a few character images out of you*... :P

Added to the (already huge) waitlist.

*Nah, don't worry, I won't ask. I'll let you do whatever whenever you want.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 10:23:54 pm by Tarran »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 16, 2011, 10:35:31 pm »

Well, I sort of did, sort of didn't. Mainly it was the waitlist that put me off. >.> But for some reason I liked the last turn so much that I just said screw it, I'll take getting in in like five months over not getting in at all. ^^^ I don't think I have any dragons laying around other than the one I used for Arogeth, though. ^^^; I think I can get some relevant ones from Breath of Fire 2 and try editing them to resemble the player dragons... I'll have to see if I can find the relevant sprite sheets. If not I'm going to be forced to *ahem* acquire a copy on my computer to get screen shots and manually rip the sprites myself. Maybe.

Also if you're unaware, both Draignean and I have been referencing you for some reason. :P There's the 'Adventures of Terren Smith' radio drama in Arkham City and in the Fire Emblem RTD I'm working on there's a class of shapeshifting nature magicians called Westlanders. ^^^
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 10:40:22 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 16, 2011, 10:43:22 pm »

AH im so glad I had an effect in dermonster  ;)
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 16, 2011, 10:44:35 pm »

Also if you're unaware, both Draignean and I have been referencing you for some reason. :P There's the 'Adventures of Terren Smith' radio drama in Arkham City and in the Fire Emblem RTD I'm working on there's a class of shapeshifting nature magicians called Westlanders. ^^^
Orly? Wow, I never knew that.

I may have to visit the Arkham RTD somewhere in the future as a result. Damn you. :P I also may have to make a reference in this RTD to you guys too. Damn you x2. :P

AH im so glad I had an effect in dermonster  ;)
You are such a jerk. :P

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 16, 2011, 10:47:41 pm »

"The Transcredible Adventures of Tarran Smith", the transcredible is really key there. :P But yeah, you have your own radio show loosely modeled after old Flash Gordon shows. (With 100% genuine 1930s commercials!)

Anyway,

EAT THE REST OF THE DAMN HUMAN YOU USELESS TWERP!

Huh, apparently instead of being my dragon I've become a semi-abusive voice in its head.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 16, 2011, 10:48:35 pm »

I also may have to make a reference in this RTD to you guys too. Damn you x2. :P

No need to reference me. ^^^ I'm going to go ahead and put mah dragon in this post, but I'll keep a copy on my desktop in case you want me to re-post it later.

Spoiler: Merysta (click to show/hide)

@ninja Draignean: I distinctly remember it being 'e's, my good sir. :P
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 136