Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210247 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 18: Soul Corruption, Wordy Words, Large wealths.
« Reply #420 on: November 07, 2011, 06:25:37 pm »

Did I ever tell you the story of 'Jerry the fool' that a human wise man told me about?

"I would have remembered if you did. Can you tell me the story? Also, will this one be sad, like the one you told me about your Mother?"

Anthramarux didn't like that story at all.

Dinner... Hmm... What do you prefer? Pig, Cow, Sheep, Deer, Bear, Crocodile, Wolf

Crocodile-from what I understand, they are true hunters like Dragons, so they are the only prey worthy of us, right?

because the good parts are better." She winks while tilting her head towards you

Anthramarux couldn't imagine what would be more fun than LEARNING! She's glad her mother is happy anyway. What's that all about. She dunno!

Action: After some more questions, Anthramarux decides to mess around with the air bracelet some more. She naturally tries to find gaps to fit through that she might normally not be able to...but she doesn't enter them quite yet, unless she sees something really exciting, opting for learning how to move and the limitations of the form.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 07, 2011, 06:33:47 pm »

Toss a silver piece into the gasses. Theres plenty more of it if it has something bad happen to it, but there isn't of me.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 07, 2011, 06:40:50 pm »

Did I ever tell you the story of 'Jerry the fool' that a human wise man told me about?

"I would have remembered if you did. Can you tell me the story? Also, will this one be sad, like the one you told me about your Mother?"

Anthramarux didn't like that story at all.
"I don't find it all that sad, dear, but I'm not sure if you will. Anyway, the story goes like this:

There once was a man named Jerry, who wanted to become the biggest strongest adventurer there was. But, Jerry was far too weak to carry fighting equipment.

One day, however, his father had got him a bracelet that was imbued with magic. His father said it would make him stronger, and it did indeed make Jerry stronger. He was finally strong enough to be an adventurer.

So, once he grew up, he had worked and trained until he was a mighty warrior--all while not letting the bracelet leave his side. He went on an adventure, and had found another bracelet. This one, when he wore it, gave him the speed of a wolf. He became mightier.

Then again, he had found an amulet, which made him immune to all fires but those from hell.

And again, he had found a ring that would make him invisible!

However... not heeding his father's advice 'Son, you should identify magical items before putting them on, they might be cursed', he once more put on a ring. However, this ring, was cursed with some unimaginable horror, made by an enraged mage hundreds of years ago. This ring was cursed for the wearer to die: And the previous wearer was indeed dead, and his bones barely even intact.

Jerry slowly, but surely, deteriorated. First, his eyes became blind. Then, he could only move the speed of a man twenty years older than him. Then, his strength gave in and he could no longer carry his equipment. Then, his mind slowed, and finally, his body just gave out and died. This happened over the course of a painful 2 years."

"Moral of the story: Be careful with magic items."

Crocodile-from what I understand, they are true hunters like Dragons, so they are the only prey worthy of us, right?
"Very well. Yes, they are good hunters... but only in the water. Not on land or air like us dragons. Wait here, I'll get some."

Is there a random kingdom event this turn or did you forget that?
I didn't forget. It happens randomly, when I feel like it. There's no scheduled activation of it.

Slightly mystified as to what to do next. Obvious solution: Go exploring outside the cave.
Don't worry, it's only 2 turns until the Teen stage. Where you'll be old enough to do basically whatever you want.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 07, 2011, 06:48:57 pm »

Bwahahaha, this should be interesting.

Raikonai made a pitiful squeak, trying to display his displeasure with his current situation. His... soul had this... thing in it, or on it, and it made it hard to focus and think. He didn't like it. He wanted it gone.

Anger and a pinch of madness began to well up within him, and he began rising to his feet, shaky but determined. Bracing his feet against the ground, he inhaled deeply, untold possibilities of the void mixing with a desire to call out for help. What he released fit the goals of neither.

Attempt to summon a servant with a magical roar.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 07, 2011, 09:11:37 pm »

Go to the swamp first then hunt.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 07, 2011, 10:16:15 pm »

Take a small amount of silver, for good luck (possibly), then go outside carefully, making sure to not do anything too strenuous. I am not at my best strength...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 09:23:28 am by Repulsion »
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 07, 2011, 11:50:36 pm »

Tell my mother that I'm going outside. Take my words and go looking for someone who can read.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #427 on: November 08, 2011, 06:17:49 am »

Kin couldn't believe his luck. Never had he seen so much precious minerals packed in such a tight space. The problem though was to get to it. Peering down the cliff carefully he gulped. It really was a long way down. He started to think how he best could reach the spikes without falling. Minutes turned into hours, and before he knew it he dozed off.

He woke up with a start. Darkness had descended and he had come up with nothing. Frustrated he swiped at a rock. He watched the rock roll over the edge and down the cliff. That was when he thought of an idea.

Kin started to look the largest stone he could lift and then throw it towards the spikes. Kin then picked any fallen spikes with precious mineral on his way down.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 08, 2011, 06:43:08 am »

((Temptation to knock down crystal... rising...))

Bring (OH GOD I STILL CAN'T REMEMBER HIS NAME I'M SORRY) human friend into the room and ask if he knows what the crystal is
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 08, 2011, 06:26:16 pm »

Hahah Tarran number 8 of how to survive.. you added that later didnt you  :P
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 08, 2011, 07:26:58 pm »

Nope, that was there from the beginning I believe.

Anyway, waiting for... I believe Draignean.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 08, 2011, 07:30:45 pm »

Really? I'm sure I posted my action...

No wait, it's still on my Word. Silly me.

Claw into the man, peeling away his shell and layers to find what inside him makes the sound.
Notice the flesh being tasty partway through, devour the strips I peel off.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 08, 2011, 07:50:05 pm »

Anthramarux understood the story about 'Jerry' and thought it was depressing he had become so powerful just to lose everything...her mothers lesson was a little bit too obvious, so she thought more on it-and thought it had more to do about not thinking you are invulnerable, not matter how powerful you are...a lesson in humility, but her young mind didn't really accept it yet. Maybe later!

A few days later, after another good meal-she would ask her Mother about her Father. She knew what a father was, sort of. Why wasn't he here?

"Mother, you said my Father was a Blue Dragon. Where is he? Is he still alive? I can only assume he's been busy lately...or, why can't he visit? Is it because I'm...purple?"

Anthramarux blinked and coughed. She had before, never believed herself anything less than perfection defined, but her Mother mentioning how she might be a "weird, bad mutation"...well, it had begun to weigh on her mind. She supposed being unique was it's own advantage, perhaps...but she couldn't help but wonder if something was wrong with her.

OOC: Silly Draignean, indeed! Just an RP post here.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 19: Interesting note, rock to the face.
« Reply #433 on: November 12, 2011, 12:27:38 am »

As a reminder: At the end of next turn, everyone but Draignean and IronyOwl will be teenagers. And you will have a lot of freedom. And I will cry since you'll all be making it harder and harder for me. D:

Also as a reminder, Draignean and IronyOwl will be children in turn 21 and 22 respectively.

Go outside the cave. Try to fly up, or failing that, climb up the nearest tall place and see what all area I'm in. Also grab that magic necklace my sister had.

You grab the necklace from your sister's corpse. It lacks any magic whatsoever. You ponder where you got the idea that it was magical from.

You climb to the top of the mountain and see large forests everywhere. Several small stacks of smoke come from 2 opposite directions. In one direction between the two, there is a large swath of land filled with the same type of plant leading to water. The opposite direction leads to progressively drier and drier forests.

Action: After some more questions, Anthramarux decides to mess around with the air bracelet some more. She naturally tries to find gaps to fit through that she might normally not be able to...but she doesn't enter them quite yet, unless she sees something really exciting, opting for learning how to move and the limitations of the form.
"Mother, you said my Father was a Blue Dragon. Where is he? Is he still alive? I can only assume he's been busy lately...or, why can't he visit? Is it because I'm...purple?"
You look for places you couldn't fit in normally. Like some cracks, small holes, etc. One thing's for sure: You'd better make damn sure nothing pulls your ring off or you'd die instantly if you were in any of those spots.

Asking mother about father further makes her cringe inside, before she takes a long breath.

"Father... can't visit because he's... in heaven..."

Toss a silver piece into the gasses. Theres plenty more of it if it has something bad happen to it, but there isn't of me.
You toss a silver piece into the gasses. [Chaos magic] The silver piece suddenly changes from silver-colored to various colors, as if seeing a rainbow.

Something tells you that you don't want to touch the silver piece now. In addition, after looking closely, you notice that the gas from that one crystal is similar to only 1/8 of the total gasses, meaning that it's likely that the other gas-emitting crystals will give a different effect.

Raikonai made a pitiful squeak, trying to display his displeasure with his current situation. His... soul had this... thing in it, or on it, and it made it hard to focus and think. He didn't like it. He wanted it gone.

Anger and a pinch of madness began to well up within him, and he began rising to his feet, shaky but determined. Bracing his feet against the ground, he inhaled deeply, untold possibilities of the void mixing with a desire to call out for help. What he released fit the goals of neither.

Attempt to summon a servant with a magical roar.
You attempt to breath out a servant. [2] So far Inn'ahar and that... invader, refuse to offer you their power.

You have a feeling that that's a good thing for some reason.

((Think: Inn'ahar won't give without pay. And what does Inn'ahar want with you?))

Go to the swamp first then hunt.
You go to the swamp and [2] fly around looking for something to eat. You find nothing, much to your annoyance.

Take a small amount of silver, for good luck (possibly), then go outside carefully, making sure to not do anything too strenuous. I am not at my bet strength...
You grab some silver and head outside.

So, what were you planning on doing outside? You kinda didn't mention that...

Tell my mother that I'm going outside. Take my words and go looking for someone who can read.
You go outside and try to find someone who can read. [5]: You find a very knowledgeable Lich. One who currently has no need for dragon "resources".

You ask him to read the paper. He seems surprised to see a dragon child asking him to read something, but he shrugs. "Hmm... let's see... Wow, this is in Agandir language. This note is old. I've lived for a few hundred years, but it went out of use way before I was even born. This note may be around a thousand years old! Anyway, I'll start reading."

"Thy proved pure of heart may wear this mighty amulet of Grandar, god of Justice, and become of a different plane to evil, and thus invincible to them.

However, if thy anger the good, thy shall be hurt twofold normal. And if thy sin, then thy amulet will burn with the heat of thy sins until thy are dead."

The Lich hands back the note. "Probably nothing I would be ever be able to wear, that's for sure."

Kin couldn't believe his luck. Never had he seen so much precious minerals packed in such a tight space. The problem though was to get to it. Peering down the cliff carefully he gulped. It really was a long way down. He started to think how he best could reach the spikes without falling. Minutes turned into hours, and before he knew it he dozed off.

He woke up with a start. Darkness had descended and he had come up with nothing. Frustrated he swiped at a rock. He watched the rock roll over the edge and down the cliff. That was when he thought of an idea.

Kin started to look the largest stone he could lift and then throw it towards the spikes. Kin then picked any fallen spikes with precious mineral on his way down.
[Str:2]: You throw a small rock at the metal. It does nothing.

You try again. [Str:1]: You throw a pebble. Ummm...

[Tou:3+1]: You still have the energy to throw one more [Str:4] rock. It smashes a few spikes of Silver and Gold. Nothing spectacular, but it's something.

You go down and collect the spikes.

Bring (OH GOD I STILL CAN'T REMEMBER HIS NAME I'M SORRY) human friend into the room and ask if he knows what the crystal is
You drag poor Broma into the cave. He was enjoying sitting so much.

Okay, so anyway... You ask him about the crystal. He examines it. [Broma Int:5+1] "It's a magic crystal of some sort. It's larger than it looks. If I was looking to live, I would stay out of this room.

Claw into the man, peeling away his shell and layers to find what inside him makes the sound.
Notice the flesh being tasty partway through, devour the strips I peel off.

You get closer to the man, with a threatening look in your eyes. [Man Agi:4] Defiant and desperate, he amazingly grabs a rock. [Man Str:6][Agi:2][Difference 4, +50%] He smashes the rock into your head with unbelievable desperation which catches you off guard. [Dam:1 out of 1d3, +50% round up, 2 damage] The rock breaks under the stress and you get a serious headache. You start bleeding from the wound and you are in a decent amount of pain. You cry.

Your father is angered and smashes the human's head. He dies in pain. Your father looks at you. "Stop crying, shrug it off, it's only a rock." You continue crying, because you cannot understand him.

-2 HP.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Draignean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Event (click to show/hide)

The Helten Empire has dug up dirt that the City of Sharoon is reading to attack them, due to the Sarduk Triumvirate's payment. The Helten Empire now has a valid reason to declare war early.

The Helten Empire gains a Casus Belli on the City of Sharoon.

Alright... I've been slow, apologies, I was just not feeling it. Now, is there anything I missed or did wrong? Not in the mood to double-check.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 19: Interesting note, rock to the face.
« Reply #434 on: November 12, 2011, 12:39:15 am »

Huh, I thought it was magic. I guess I remembered elfs action to 'Grab magic necklace and flee' as just a fact-thing. Anyway.

Um... Can you post the map of the world in the first post, or in the turn under the statuses? Would be helpful.

Go back inside and meditate on all that has happened. Maybe bury mother. Tomorrow... Tomorrow is where my journey truly begins.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 09:44:09 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 136