Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210229 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 17: Boring copycat ring, Fail lie, Doomparents.
« Reply #405 on: November 03, 2011, 05:05:03 pm »

"Other than that, is there any danger from the magic itself? What is I wore it for a very long time, for example?

Also...

How can you tell if something is cursed or dangerous beforehand?"

"The magic isn't really dangerous besides that. However, wearing for extended periods of time may lead to habits that are hazardous in solid form. And heat is much more dangerous to you. Oh, and, fast winds will separate your body across an area which will be hard to recover from."

"To tell if an item is cursed is hard. Sometimes, an item is extremely dangerous and anyone with a sense of magic will be able to figure it out. Sometimes an observant person may be able to tell if something is up. But most of the time, you'll just have to be around it for a long enough time, or cast an identify spell or read an identify scroll."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 03, 2011, 06:14:30 pm »

Anthramarux seems to have a few more questions, which she fires off a non stop pace like the annoyingly cute and inqusitive Dragonling she is...

"Suppose I would combine the magic of two bracelets, would they work together? What about more than two?"
"How does one learn to 'sense' magic? Can you teach me how to do that?"
"Who made these magic things? Did you find all of them yourself, or were always here?"
"When can I start to learn magic?"
"Can we experiment with the bracelets together? I suppose I'll find the best ones and bring them to you."
"I'm hungry, when is dinner? I had a rat earlier, but I think using the bracelet made me more hungry. Or was that my imagination again?"
"Also, how are my scales are purple, and yours are red? Was I born different than normal?"

"Speaking of which, how WAS I born? Can you explain the process of my creation? I'd imagine it was exciting, to have created me-I mean, I am perfect after all. *polite snort*"

Action: Assualt mother with Questions!

Afterwards, start scouring my nest for the bracelet.

((OOC: Thats all my questions for now, condensed into a single post. We can move on for my turn. :P ))
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 06:20:17 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #407 on: November 03, 2011, 07:13:08 pm »

"Sure, I'll leave you alone. Just a warning: Be careful were you tread. You are very close to my father's territory."

Kin tests his luck by going higher up the mountain.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 03, 2011, 07:14:27 pm »

Man, I wish I could do that with my parents.

That'd probably require I stick around and become a slavering starspawn, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 05, 2011, 11:58:41 am »

Contemplate the meaning of my wounds healing fast, and then explore around a bit. If I'm healthy, might as well do something. Continue to watch and search things CAREFULLY and be aware of RANDOM DANGERS
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 06, 2011, 03:30:23 am »

Go to the other room and investigate shinies closer
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 06, 2011, 09:38:26 pm »

Haunt sister ;D
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 06, 2011, 09:45:17 pm »

There's the problem of your soul being tortured by a demon... in some of the darkest pits of hell... You're not going anywhere, sorry.

Turn should come later today.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 07, 2011, 05:54:14 am »

Don't worry Elfeater, I'm sure someone will end up summoning you from Hell to serve their own evil ends.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 07, 2011, 06:05:15 am »

There's a problem of very few people knowing him and him not being all that strong.

Also, update is delayed for some amount of time due to me needing sleeping and me being slightly bored. However, besides the statuses, it's finished.

Anyway, a few things to keep you guys guessing while I sleep:

1 Person has been screwed over royally.
3 People have a boring turn.
1 Person gets a hint of sex in conversation but doesn't get too far.
1 Person has a horribly failed Intelligence roll.
1 Person has a horribly failed Agility roll.
2 People find great wealths--but cannot get to it easily.

Get guessing. :P

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 07, 2011, 06:08:21 am »

Obviously me. :(
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 07, 2011, 06:17:56 am »

I guess Anthramarux failed that search roll. Next, She'll have to do a grid by grid search of every square inch of nest space in a flurry of obsessive compulsive fury. :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 07, 2011, 03:38:11 pm »

1 Person has been screwed over royally.

1 Person has a horribly failed Agility roll.
Ooh. Guessing I'm one of these. Could potentially be a boring turn, but I'm not quite sure how that'd work.

Aklyon or Kinesen could also be the failed Agility roll, for flying and climbing respectively. Draignean could easily find something but fail to nab it.

Draignean could potentially run into something hungrier than he is, but not likely.

1 Person gets a hint of sex in conversation but doesn't get too far.
Ah, that's gotta be Dwarmin. "How'd you build me?" and all.

Yep, Talarion. Reading is hard. :P

dermonster, Draignean, and Repulsion, probably. Aklyon and/or Kinesen if they didn't botch their Agility rolls or find treasure instead.

2 People find great wealths--but cannot get to it easily.
Aklyon, Digital Hellhound, and possibly freeformschooler.

So all in all, my money's on:

IronyOwl: Be warped by FOULEST MAGICS
Talarion: READING IS HARD
Dwarmin: Brief biology lecture

Digital Hellhound: So shiny, yet so far
Aklyon: So shiny, yet so far

Draignean: CATCHING RATS IS HARD

Kinesen: *Yawn*
freeformschooler: *Yawn*
dermonster: *Yawn*
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 18: Soul Corruption, Wordy Words, Large wealths.
« Reply #418 on: November 07, 2011, 05:48:49 pm »

Obviously me. :(
Nope, it's someone else. You did flop an Intelligence roll, but not horribly.

I guess Anthramarux failed that search roll. Next, She'll have to do a grid by grid search of every square inch of nest space in a flurry of obsessive compulsive fury. :P
...No, but thanks for reminding me. I didn't have your character search for the bracelet by accident. In my defense, you had a goddamn big turn and I skimmed over it.

So all in all, my money's on:

IronyOwl: Be warped by FOULEST MAGICS
Talarion: READING IS HARD
Dwarmin: Brief biology lecture

Digital Hellhound: So shiny, yet so far
Aklyon: So shiny, yet so far

Draignean: CATCHING RATS IS HARD

Kinesen: *Yawn*
freeformschooler: *Yawn*
dermonster: *Yawn*
Yes.
Not exactly. Almost.
Yes.

Nope.
Yes.

Nope.

Nope.
Yep.
Yep.

That's 5/9. You get a small reward: A dice of 3s. Where, whenever you use it, you'll roll a 3, without bonuses or penalties, once. Then it'll go away. You may be wondering what kind of use it has, well, consider doing something that you really don't want to fail at. A 3 would be better than a 2 or 1, even though it isn't good, it's still something. Sure, you're getting rid of any chance of a really nice result, but you also get rid of any chance of screwing up royally. Which... ironically, would have been good to have this turn.

Frown draconically and attempt learning how to read, just by studying the text. Cause I'm awesome like that.
[Int:2]: You look at the scribbles. It doesn't spark anything in your mind. You're no closer to understanding the text.

Really though, RUN RIGHT NOW. Try to use the darkness to cover my escape.
[Agi:1-1  :o]: Your legs give out in fear, as you're unable to even stand as the figure continues reading...

Suddenly, something bad comes. You do not see it, as it enters your bo-... no, soul. Your young, inexperienced soul.

It leeches onto everything evil within you, feeding off of it. You scream in pain automatically as it cuts into your very soul and your mind blanks out to prevent permanent damage from the pain.

...You are now in a dream. You are in a square room. The walls are... black with unknown bloody text all over the wall. You suddenly hear a laughing sound behind you.

You look around and see... an unspeakable horror behind you. What's worse, you see your body leading into it... slowly becoming more and more like it as it gets closer to it.

The horror continues laughing. Oh gods in heaven, your soul has been corrupted by something horrible. And it will only get worse with time. You're going to have to get this cured, or you may loose your mind... Or worse, your soul.

You groggily wake up. You hear whispers in your head that, thankfully, are quiet enough to ignore for now... The two figures are gone, for now... but you feel as though you aren't alone...

New status: Lightly corrupted soul: Soul is more fragile. Magic casted by you is slightly unpredictable. -5 Intelligence.
New status: Soul Invaded: Corrupted soul will get worse each life stage. Insanity will also get worse. Slight chance (will increase as you grow up) for the invader to overwrite your action. Body may warp horribly as corruption spreads beyond soul (though it will only be notable after the teen stage).
New status: Minor insanity: -10 Intelligence, -10 Charisma.
New status: "Blessed" by Inn'ahar: Unknown powers might have been given to you. Cannot remove Soul Invaded as long as you are blessed. Can only be removed by other gods or their priests. Inn'ahar will treat you as one of it's children.

So... yeah, Irony, you're going to have some serious FUN. You'd better get your soul fixed before the FUN gets even worse and you become but a slave to a mad god.

Oh, and, Dice of 3s: Use once, guarantee a 3 roll, does not factor in penalties or bonuses.

Float out of these rooms, find somewhere else to go.
[Int:4+1]: You quickly learn how to fly in this new form. Just will yourself to go somewhere, and you'll go there! Simple!

[6][5][5]

You find a small cavern down a dark hall. In the cavern, are tightly packed crystals of all colors all over. A third of them radiate a gas of some kind. The others shine brilliantly from the light emitted from said gas.

The stuff is really quite entrancing. You are slightly worried though, you have no idea what type of gasses are being emitted.

Threaten the "poor human" and ask if the village he's from has any treasures I could plunder. If so, fly off to the village! If not, keep exploring.
"Why do you ask me? Do you think they tell me this?! I'm only a teenager!"

"Bah." You think. And continue exploring.

You can see your mountain where your home is, and in three directions you see a few hills leading to a large swamp. In the last direction you can see taller mountains leading into the distance.

A small town is near the swamps, right of the taller mountains.

Check out my caches of items in the treasure room. See what all I've got.
You check the pile. [3]: Most are useless valuable trinkets and gold coins. You can buy quite a bit with it if you needed to, but they aren't going to get you very far on their own.

Investigate screaming... Hungrily.
You investigate the screaming. Your fatherly figure is harassing a group of humans in a cage.

"Stand still, humans." He says as he picks one up. "No! No! I've got three children!" The human screams. You, of course, cannot understand him.

Suddenly, he sees you and drops the human in front of you. The human looks a little confused, but then he sees the hunger in your eyes and is frightened again.

"Ah, you saved me coming back to you." Your father says. "Eat him, he's your first meal." Okay, this is the last time I'll remind you twice per turn, but just in case you don't know, you are too young to understand him. So yeah.

The human is surged with a sudden bolt of fear, as he tries crawling away--his legs are broken--but your father holds his legs in place.

The human looks at you, begging for mercy. "Please, I... I have three children, they have no mother."

[Int:1-1]: You have the feeling that your father is trying to teach you good habits. On the other hand, that could just be your brain failing to connect two things together and instead picking something else to connect one of the said things to. Herp?

Anthramarux seems to have a few more questions, which she fires off a non stop pace like the annoyingly cute and inqusitive Dragonling she is...

"Suppose I would combine the magic of two bracelets, would they work together? What about more than two?"
"How does one learn to 'sense' magic? Can you teach me how to do that?"
"Who made these magic things? Did you find all of them yourself, or were always here?"
"When can I start to learn magic?"
"Can we experiment with the bracelets together? I suppose I'll find the best ones and bring them to you."
"I'm hungry, when is dinner? I had a rat earlier, but I think using the bracelet made me more hungry. Or was that my imagination again?"
"Also, how are my scales are purple, and yours are red? Was I born different than normal?"

"Speaking of which, how WAS I born? Can you explain the process of my creation? I'd imagine it was exciting, to have created me-I mean, I am perfect after all. *polite snort*"

Action: Assualt mother with Questions!

Afterwards, start scouring my nest for the bracelet.

"They may work together, but there may be problems if you combine two different kinds together. Some examples are combining your Air Creature bracelet and a Water Creature bracelet. That would result in both magics trying to transform something they can't transform, thus resulting in your body being cut in a rough 'half' until you take one bracelet or the other off."
"It's something you gain though being around magic long enough. It's like learning to sense what people are dangerous by being around them for a while. Eventually, you'll be able to tell what's weird about something and realize it's likely magic of some kind, or a blessing, or a curse."
"They were made by various people of various origins. Some were taken in tribute, some were taken in their defeat, some were found. That pile is just the 'potentially dangerous' pile. And no, you can't have anything from that pile unless I feel like you should. The traditional dragon way is for children to earn themselves a living. That pile will make it too easy."
"You can learn magic whenever, you just have to be aware of the dangers. Magic has just as much chance to flop as it has to succeed. Especially for a novice. You're a little young, and some magics could be really, really hazardous to you. Usual Human wizards spend about a dozen years just reading about magic, another few learning how to cancel it, before they even cast it. Others, those who cast them about as soon as they learn them, have a decently reduced chance of survival that outweighs the increase."
"It's best if we don't play with magical artifacts, I don't have even nearly enough Identify scrolls, and the spell is hard to cast raw. And there's no telling when something could be cursed or not without them. Something to learn: Don't try on magical artifacts without any idea of what they are if you want to live a long life, some of them can be really nasty... Did I ever tell you the story of 'Jerry the fool' that a human wise man told me about?"
"Dinner... Hmm... What do you prefer? Pig, Cow, Sheep, Deer, Bear, Crocodile, Wolf...?"
"...I'm not quite sure about why you have purple scales. Simpletons would say that it's because your father was a blue dragon, and other simpletons would say it's because it's a random, bad mutation... I'm not quite sure, but I'd rather not think of what either side says... too hurtful."
Mother looks unsure how to react to the last question. Before she starts laughing. "Don't worry about that question, you'll find out how yourself on your own when you grow up. Trust me, surprises are better for you, both because you won't have to fear about the bad parts--and thus avoid an important part of dragon life... and because the good parts are better." She winks while tilting her head towards you.

You have a feeling by the 'good parts' she means you... And something... else that she'd rather not talk about, but clearly enjoyed.

[Int:2+2]: You look around when you notice a shine. You find your bracelet decently easily.

"Sure, I'll leave you alone. Just a warning: Be careful were you tread. You are very close to my father's territory."

Kin tests his luck by going higher up the mountain.
"Your father lives here? Damn... I've been looking for a month or two, and just when I had thought I had thought I found a place, well, someone else owns it." The other dragon says as you leave.

You go higher up on the mountain. Air starts to get thinner, and you aren't able to make as great a pace as before. [6] You do, however, find a buttload of Silver, Gold, Platinum, Palladium, and Rhodium, all of which form thousands of small spikes out of a sheer cliff.

Now the problem is, getting them. You have no-where to stand near them, as they are off the side of a cliff, beyond your reach.

Contemplate the meaning of my wounds healing fast, and then explore around a bit. If I'm healthy, might as well do something. Continue to watch and search things CAREFULLY and be aware of RANDOM DANGERS
You think about your wounds healing fast. The only thing you can think of is your body being really regenerative. You then explore.

[4][6][2]: You find a room filled with silver (Trololololol), a room filled with very nasty acid gas and a very large crystal that seems immune to the acid, and a room that has been caved-in on.

Go to the other room and investigate shinies closer
You investigate the room. A huge crystal lies in the ceiling. The rock holding it up appears to be fragile. You have a feeling that trying to knock the crystal down would be a bad idea.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Draignean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)

I do believe that's everything, right?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 05:51:09 pm by Tarran »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 18: Soul Corruption, Wordy Words, Large wealths.
« Reply #419 on: November 07, 2011, 05:56:02 pm »

Is there a random kingdom event this turn or did you forget that?

Slightly mystified as to what to do next. Obvious solution: Go exploring outside the cave.

Go outside the cave. Try to fly up, or failing that, climb up the nearest tall place and see what all area I'm in. Also grab that magic necklace my sister had.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 136