Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210218 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 16: Jerkass fathers, Kinslayer, moar exploration.
« Reply #360 on: October 29, 2011, 12:34:36 am »

So, anyone remember what I said in turn five?

...Negative:
I will not be as gentle.
Your character's personality should now be more aggressive and active.
Your character will now be much more curious, meaning more likely to examine things closely. That includes lava, acid, and/or dangerous creatures without your consent if it doesn't appear to be threatening.
Your stats will deteriorate slowly if you never exercise them at least once every 5 turns.
Yeah, I don't think I paid attention to the last two. And it's too late to pay attention to them... *Deskhead*

Whatever. I'll forget the middle one and care about the last one at the end of this life stage, then give large penalties all at once. Likely around 5-10 or maybe even around 15 points. If you haven't gained at least 2 points in the stat since the Baby stage.

Leave wherever this is, find somewhere more interesting. Find a small bag to put the silver into. Maybe eat the rats if they don't seem poisoned or decayed.
As I said before, there's little chance of finding a bag. The rats are awfully decayed, most being skeletons.

You look around down another hall. [5][4][3] You find a room with a shiny ring, a room with MORE GODDAMN SILVER, and a room filled with goddamn copper. Great.

+1 Agility, Strength, and Toughness just because you've been exploring a lot and why not.

Attempt to devise a method to get this arrow out unaided.
"I didn't do... Oh Gods your hurt! Here let me help.Go over to see if I can help her
Get away from me! You don't even know what you're doing! I can do this on my own you kinslayer!
"Kinslayer! Im your sister how could you acuse me of that!"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Scientia thinks for a minute. How to get the arrow out of her head...? [Int:5+2] Well she can certainly try just pulling it out, getting it held by some objects and pulling her head away, or cut up her head further and pry the arrow out. All of these options are dangerous, though. She can't see the arrow, and can't see what it's stuck on or if it's cutting anything. If she were to pull it out, there's a decent chance she could cause massive bleeding. Her current state suggests that it's not a good idea to pull it out on her own. If someone else were to pull it out, they would be able to do so while avoiding causing further damage, and have a better position to pull from.

"I didn't do... Oh Gods your hurt! Here let me help." Her sister says.

"Get away from me! You don't even know what you're doing! I can do this on my own you kinslayer!" Scientia responds violently. She also calls her sister a kinslayer, despite no actual evidence, just suspicion. That's not a nice thing to say, honestly.

"Kinslayer! I'm your sister how could you accuse me of that!" Nelar then shouts back.

Scientia then lays down the pain with a very long lecture.

"You have named me kinslayer and so I shallbe... once I kill you."
Rush at her and claw her
Rush toward the treasury and grab in one of my caches for something useful (Magical hopefully) to defend myself with.
"You have named me kinslayer and so I shall be... once I kill you." Nelar finishes the conversation. And charges Scientia as she tries to run to the treasure room. [Nelar Agi:6-1+1][Scientia Agi:1+1+1] Despite the gods trying to trip her, Nelar bolts towards her sister, who stumbles around for a few seconds even as the gods try to push her on. [Nelar Agi:1-1+1][Scientia Agi:2+1+1] However, as Nelar tries to claw her sister, the gods send her already poor swing flying even further off course. Nelar misses entirely. In addition, the gold she was holding flies off into the far corners of the cave.

Scientia then looks for a item to help her. [6+1] A worn brittle grayish white shortsword glows with the power of multiple gods. It looks like the magic it contains is somewhat unstable, though: It looks like it could explode if stressed too hard, such as in combat.

((NOTE: From now on, this fight will be taken separate from the main turn unless one of the combatants is making a significant enough action.))

Anthramarux took a closer look at her treasure. So, this was magic. It was intriguing.

Granted, the shift of her form was...strange, and somewhat unpleasant. All Power had a price, though. Even at that age, she knew that.

She did have a dark thought-what is mother took it and didn't let her play with it? Maybe it was best to not tell her...she didn't feel right about lying, but...this treasure was mine, she thought. Mine! It sounded like a new word, isn't that odd? It's mine! Mine! ALL MINE!

She grinned and began sneaking toward her nest, trying to figure out a hiding spot.

Hide the necklace in my nest, then tell mother about the two rooms I found. Ask her about magic and magic items in general.
[Int:6+2]: You hide the necklace so damn good, that even you couldn't find it if you left the room.

No, really. You seriously overdid it. It's basically invisible in it's current position.

You then tell mother about the two rooms. [Mother Int:4] "Dear... did you play or take any of the items from that room filled with items? They're dangerous if you don't know how to use them." Uh oh... Lying will be very difficult. She's your mother, after all, and knows when your tone sounds unusual.

((Canceled the line "Ask her about magic and magic items in general" from the turn because it wouldn't make sense for you to ask after she asks you a serious question.))

Nuvian heads out of her living area and tries flying. If she can fly, she can go anywhere. And if she can go anywhere, she can cause some trouble! If she DOES fly, she will see if she can find some small humans or other mammals to menace nearby.
[Agi:4]: You FLLLLYYYY! Wheeee! Oh, right, menacing things. Let's see... [4]: A teenage human is walking down a path. [3]: It is aware of you, and is trying to spot you. It is somewhat panicked.

Kin felt the strain in his neck and dropped the bear before some irreversible damage would occur. "You know what? I have the hide already. More than that wasn't really needed. Let's go home." With a nod he went home with the hide in tow.

Kin finally brings back the hide for his father.
You drag the hide back home. It goes without a hitch.

Father looks at you, and sees your hide. He smiles somewhat evilly.

"Nice and obedient. You may live with us, as long as you listen." [Reward:2-1(personality)] "Now, go and find me a piece of precious metal."

What! WHAT! Good god, your father is a JERK! I mean, for god's sake, you've just sat down and your legs are pretty sore from all your continuous shenanigans. And where are you supposed to find the metal?!

"Here's a hint, check the mountain next to the one we are in right now."

Well, that solved that problem, at least. Also of notice is mother staring at your father with a taste of anger. At least she agrees that treating you like a servant is just wrong.

Go back to Mother and enquire about the rooms.
You go back to mother and ask about the rooms.

You ask her about the distorted room first. She looks confused. "I don't remember any distorted room around here."

You then ask her about the stone room. "I never found a use for it."

Finally, you ask her about the barrier room. She seems in deep thought. "I once picked up an artifact. It was strange, it progressively got hotter as I held it, but cooled down completely the moment I dropped it. Eventually, after many burns, I got it to that room. The next morning, there was a barrier. I could not figure out how to get past it. There was a scroll with the necklace, but it's too small for me to hold or read. Here, dig it out of this bag." Mother says as she throws a bag to you, tearing some bit off as she throws it. "Damnable things, so fragile. Be glad that you can hold those small things while you can, when you get as large as me it gets difficult."

Explore cave, trying to avoid Mother.
[2][5][4]:

Walking down a hallway, you find: a pool of stale, dirty, mineral-filled water which has some common poisonous mushrooms growing around it. Undrinkable.

Then, there's a room with something very shiny embedded in the ceiling. It won't be easy getting it out. The shiny thing looks akin to diamonds, but you can't be sure.

Finally, there's a room with a gold throne. There's an engraving on it.

Cevitil GENTLY but insistently tries to get his mothers attention, so that she can help him with his cuts.
You nudge mother. She's lost in thought trying to think of how to help you that she forgot that she was trying to help you.

[Mother Int:5]: A bit of her brain sparks. "We need water, some clean cloth, and a clean room. I'll find the former two, you find the last. Go!" She then darts off to the cave's storage rooms.

[Tou:6]: Your wounds close almost completely without healing equipment and you are now at a greatly reduced risk of infection! (You will not go into the penalty-for-toughness range).

+2 Toughness for the good toughness rolls.

Quote from: Draignean
Be born.
Location of birth: [9] Kingdom of Rihosis.

[3]: Silence. Sweet sweet warm silence. You've been here since before you could tell time. It's been your home for even before that. But, now you feel an urge to leave. You try to resist it as long as you can, but your father is greedy, and breaks you out forcefully. Little do you know, you're kinda unlucky to be born right now.

"Ahhh, finally. My new son, you're finally born." You look around for the source of the speech. A big, black figure looms over you: The source of the speech. In the corner, is a white figure, laying on the ground and not moving. "You're going to be a fine, fine warrior. Once you learn to respect me. Now, go, play for a little while, I have some villages to terrorize. Oh, and enjoy your playing because it'll only last a year or so, because come a few years you're going to learn to obey. And obey gladly." He says as he leaves you. You have no idea what he said: You're too young. But the tone is somewhat... upsetting.

It then hits you: Where is mama? Where... where is she? "Mama?" You squeak out. No response.

Prepare to get abused with the sheet you picked, and the 3 roll...

Now, a question for the lulz: Do you want your level of abuse to be, A: Whatever I choose, B: Less than in Dwarmin's RTD, C: Equal to Dwarmin's RTD, or D: More than in Dwarmin's RTD?

Also, bonus to protect you from other players in the EXTREMELY unlikely chance that they find you when they're teens and you're a child: Godly Protection: Take half damage (round down) from other players until Teenager.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elfeater: Nelar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Alright, did I miss anything?

Anyway, yeah, D got in, and Dwarmin's spot is now permanent.

Now, time to fiddle around with B&W2's map editor.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 29, 2011, 12:41:04 am »

Pick up the sword in an appropriate grasping limb. Go on the offensive.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 29, 2011, 06:59:47 am »

Put the ring on, maybe eat the silver for werewolf resistance if the ring doesn't do anything interesting.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 29, 2011, 07:09:12 am »

Pounce down on the human from the sky! Knock him/her off its feet. If I can, then say: "Why HELLO THERE, poor human! What brings you so far from your home land?" Say this as frighteningly as possible while showing my dragon teeth.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 29, 2011, 07:17:39 am »

Open the bag and ask mother to read what's inside for me, since I don't know how. Or, try to read it myself before asking Mother.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 29, 2011, 08:24:01 am »

Anthramarux tried to change the subject before she could get caught in a technical lie.

"Well, Mother...I surely didn't touch or take anything...especially not any of the bracelets...*shifty eyes, shuffling feet*

But! I did toss a little rat at one of the strange color orbs I found. I was curious! But, I was careful, like you taught me to be.

He puffed up and exploded-like, bang! It was like he was growing out of his skin. I guess that stuff is dangerous, right? But it's also powerful...like you. I want to be powerful like you, Mother.

Maybe you could teach me how to use the powers soon...?"

Anthramarux licked her chops, blinked slowly and displayed a lean, hungry look. Power...she was beginning to want it. Bad. Who else deserved it but her?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 08:26:52 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 29, 2011, 10:36:33 am »

Study the engravings on the throne
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 29, 2011, 12:50:24 pm »

But! I did toss a little rat at one of the strange color orbs I found. I was curious! But, I was careful, like you taught me to be.
Again with the orbs. Dwarmin, THERE ARE NO ORBS, THOSE WERE CRYSTALS. Like, raw crystals. I did not mention orbs.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 29, 2011, 12:57:16 pm »

ORBS FTW
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 29, 2011, 01:48:28 pm »

Slash at her with my tail!
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 29, 2011, 03:54:18 pm »

Combat Turn: Scientia Addo VS Nelar: Turn 1.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Pick up the sword in an appropriate grasping limb. Go on the offensive.
Slash at her with my tail!
Scientia picks up the shortsword and swings it at her sister. [Scientia Agi:6+1+1][Nelar Agi:5+1-1][Diff:3, +20% dam][Weap integrity:5][Dam: 11 out of 4d3, multiply by 70% and round up, then +1d3-1 damage from ALL offensive magic schools, total rolls minus resistances give +6 damage. TOTAL: 14 damage!] Scientia swings the sword like the god of warfare. Nelar dodges amazingly but it's not enough as the guiding hands of the gods lead the sword straight to Nelar's chest, where the blade slashes a steady cut across the chest, and all the offensive magics in the world pound on her as the sword cuts. The sword remains stable, ready to inflict further damage. Nelar is shocked by how effective her sister is...

So she attempts to slash at her sister with her tail. [Scientia Agi:2+1+1][Nelar Agi:2+1-1] The gods foil Nelar again, as her tail goes wild. Nelar starts getting worried at the current rate of her successes to her sister's successes.

Nelar: -14 HP.

Spoiler: Elfeater: Nelar (click to show/hide)

Also, a little note: Extra statuses that were caused outside of combat rounds won't be reduced in combat rounds. This is to prevent players from cheesing this and continually get into combat with animals to remove their extra statuses. Those that are caused in combat rounds, however, will lower in combat rounds, and lower twice as fast in non-combat rounds.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 04:19:31 pm by Tarran »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 29, 2011, 04:07:55 pm »

"That was for mother you bitch, and this is for me!"

Slice his wings off.

11 X 70% up = 8, +6 = 14. But where does the +20% come in...
so if that wasn't counted in, should be about... 2.8 rounded up, 17 damage.
unless the 20% made the 4d3 be 4d3 in which case yeah still 14.
Also you didn't update his status.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 04:09:29 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 29, 2011, 04:19:19 pm »

11 X 70% up = 8, +6 = 14. But where does the +20% come in...
Difference in rolls of +3. +3=+20%.

Also you didn't update his status.
Oh yes, indeed.

Fixed.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 29, 2011, 04:21:25 pm »

I was actually wondering where you factored the 20% into the equation, not where it came from.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 29, 2011, 04:26:30 pm »

I was actually wondering where you factored the 20% into the equation, not where it came from.
The 70% is where I factored it in. Children have a -50% modifier to damage, so the +20% turned it into a -30%, so you do 100%-30%=70% damage.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 136