Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210175 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 14: Various mundane things happen, RNG is silly.
« Reply #315 on: October 17, 2011, 01:34:24 pm »

I'm not sure what to do. What I'd like to do is hunt from the air, but that might piss off the guy (nature god follower and all). Oh well, it's in our nature. Let's hope its a nature god and not a hippie god.

Hunt from the air so hard
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 17, 2011, 01:45:41 pm »

Not sure how much I'll remember this and adhere to it, but:

He is a sort of hippie, though being one with the god is completely optional. He just chooses to be so.

He's a tolerant hippie, though. He won't mind, he's not a fanatic. That's not saying there won't be fanatics sometime in the future. He's not a fanatic, though.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 17, 2011, 05:29:02 pm »

Cevitil figures that it would be unwise to do anything strenuous in his current state, and instead curls up to his mother, continuing to contemplate his life.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 20, 2011, 01:25:59 am »

Alright, I've pretty much gotten to the point where I just have to finish the map or risk forgetting where everything is. I'm sure you all know by now I was making a map. Well, there's some... problems.

I tried twice to make a nice map in ASCII paint. But I've decided to stop mid-way for two reasons:

The first map, because it was just... ehh. Kinda boring and ugly.

The second, because I... wasn't actually paying attention to everyone's location while I was making out the terrain. AKA, I was making the mountains and such without planning out where everyone was going to be.

And now, after looking at ASCII paint instead of ASCII draw, I've found that it's got so much more tools (excluding the nice F5 filling tools), and it would be better to make the map in it. Plus it has a lot more colors!

So, I will redo the map for the third time. Only this time I will actually pay some damn attention to where I'm putting the nations. This will likely take awhile, but I'll do my best to do the least amount of work possible to get a new update as soon as possible.

Also, Tal needs to post his darn action.

Edit: Huh, I just found out: One spot for a nation was empty. Whatever, don't need them.
Edit2: Map mostly done, empires on the map to come, then comes the task of linking them together historically and in-game...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 04:50:28 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 21, 2011, 07:25:57 am »

Investigate the distorted room with the item inside it.

There was two, the distorted room with *ITEM TYPE* and the Barrier room with a Bright necklace.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 21, 2011, 12:21:16 pm »

There was two, the distorted room with *ITEM TYPE* and the Barrier room with a Bright necklace.
No... you can't see in the distorted room, and I never mentioned an item in there.

The barrier room has been described as having both a necklace and a sword. Which are mutually exclusive since there's only going to be one item in the room behind the barrier. So "((I just made a mistake. I now realize that I described the item in the barrier as both a sword and a necklace... well, I'll let you choose which one you prefer.))" still applies.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:23:00 pm by Tarran »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 21, 2011, 04:32:10 pm »

Quote from: Tarran

It's cool, probably what I would've done anyways.

Go exploring!
((It would've been nice to specify where you are going exploring. AKA you made a vague action.))

[6][2][5]: You go down a hall and notice it split off in three directions.

One, leads to a... distorted room, with an item inside. You can't make out what it is, though. Something tells you that going into the distorted room may be hazardous.

The other, leads to a unremarkable stone room. Obviously unused over the years.

The last, leads to a room devoid of all but a bright necklace. And some sort of... barrier? Which is blocking the way to the object.

Quoted from page 18.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 21, 2011, 04:39:23 pm »

Oh. I guess I missed that.

Still, the second line of my last post still applies. Do you want the item behind the barrier to be a sword or a necklace?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 22, 2011, 06:16:28 pm »

Just keep it as a necklace. I don't think Dragons can use swords very well, somehow...

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NOTE: Due to movements of nations in the recent map update, the flag in Freeformschooler's turn 8 is now incorrect, as there is no reason for Isrand troops to be in Gridhard, where he is. Next time he examines the flag, it'll be different. Just thought you guys should know should you decide to look for the owners of the flag.

In addition, Othem is no longer alienating the Helten Empire by killing of missionaries, as they are no longer neighbors with the new map by accident. Instead, they'll be alienating the Solari Federation as they're the new neighbors.

Anyway, blah blah blah late turn I'm so sorry I just didn't feel like it blah blah blah here's the new turn blah blah oh and a mostly finished map of nations until war happens or I decide to detail it further or I choose your locations. It's a good trade for a late update yes?

Spoiler: The map. (click to show/hide)

Tell me if I didn't count the number of cities on any empire correctly.

Pickup as much as I can actually carry, and leave, to go somewhere more interesting than just either silver or doom.
You pick up a handful for each hand and start walking on the top of your paws.

You look around some more, [4][2][2] and find a room filled with more silver, and two rooms that are pretty much empty besides the scattered rat corpses. Must've all starved for one reason or another.

Scientia's mind comes into sharp clarity suddenly, suspicions heightening. "Why are you defending yourself when I never blamed you for anything? What did you do!?"

Uh... try to heal my wounds.
(I had this planned already.)
"That doesn't explain why mom started to fight in the first place." Scientia growled. "She knew those odds were terrible, and so did I" Her glare intensified. "The only explanation would be if someone egged her on. With the way you've been acting and what you've said... What did you do!?"
"Why are you defending yourself when I never blamed you for anything? What did you do!?" You shout out.

"I ran okay! I was scared, why are you so mean? I was going to help mom fight but I was too scared!" Your sister returns.

"That doesn't explain why mom started to fight in the first place." You growl. "She knew those odds were terrible, and so did I" You stare at your sister. "The only explanation would be if someone egged her on. With the way you've been acting and what you've said... What did you do!?"

Anyway, as for healing... Cloth, cloth, cloth... [6]: Oh look, cloth stockpile for... some strange reason. Now, to heal yourself...

Oh, wait, we forgot, you have an arrow in your skull, not a cut. You'll need to get the arrow out of your skull first. You'll need your sister's help with this, it's stuck in your skull, and it's kinda difficult to do it yourself. When you pull it out, you'll need to bandage your head tight, since the bleeding is so close to your brain. Your skull should heal in a month or so.

Shiny!

Anthramarux looks for a dragon sized piece of treasure to wear on herself-, and goes to show mother.
You wear a nice bracelet.

[Air magic, Air creature transformation] You feel weightless and... hollow. You look at yourself and see nothing but condensed air. You try to touch your hand, but it goes into the other... That's... strange. You attempt to take the bracelet off. [4]: It's not cursed. Thank goodness.

[2+2]: That's a Bracelet of Air Creature. It is enchanted with the Air Creature dual-school of the main Air school and the secondary Chaos school of Polymorph.

You don't really feel like putting on the bracelet again... But you aren't afraid of it. You just don't... like how it feels. You could get used to it, though.

"I ran okay! I was scared why are you so mean I was going to help mom fight but I was too scared!"
(she was talking right? Or was that thoghts?)
"Why are you defending yourself when I never blamed you for anything? What did you do!?" Your sister shouts out.

"I ran okay! I was scared why are you so mean I was going to help mom fight but I was too scared!" You scream.

"That doesn't explain why mom started to fight in the first place." Your sister growls at you. "She knew those odds were terrible, and so did I" You avoid the death stare from your sister the best you can. "The only explanation would be if someone egged her on. With the way you've been acting and what you've said... What did you do!?"

You'd better come up with a good lie, and quick.

Now Nuvian was unsure how to react! She thought her father would be impressed. Clearly he's not.

Ignore the sword. Ask Father if there is a war going on. Clearly the wounded man must have come from such a terrible sort of fight.

If there was a war, Nuvian could find a way to take advantage of it somehow.
Father tells you he does not know of any active wars. He does mention that the tensions between the Kingdom of Gridhard, where you live, and the Kingdom of Axlehand, their neighbor, are intense. The two kingdoms have been waring on and off for many hundreds of years with no end on sight since they are both equally matched.

Kin was thinking. Thinking how he best could behead the bear. Doing it normally would take time and he had already spent a considerably amount of time hunting and taking down the bear. Then he thought back on that widowmaker and the tree. "Maybe", he thought, "I can use it to my advantage."

Kin looks for a tree with a thick trunk and branches going in a Y-shape. He will then put the bear in such a position that the bear head is on one side and the rest of the body on the other side. Let gravity do the rest. Apply force as needed.
You find a tree fitting your description since you're in a forest. Well, that was easy. Now, for actually getting the bear into position... that'll require a lot of strength...

[Str:1-3]: You fail, bad. When trying to bring the bear up, you strain your neck muscles while carrying the bear, [Tou:4+1] but they manage to stay together until you decide to drop the bear.

"This will not work", your body says to you, as your neck hurts badly.

Hunt from the air so hard
[2]: Your attempts to find pray are fruitless. You find no animals large enough to warrant hunting, much to your disappointment.

Cevitil figures that it would be unwise to do anything strenuous in his current state, and instead curls up to his mother, continuing to contemplate his life.
You curl up next to mother. And contemplate your life.

[Int:4]: The average jackass would say that it kinda sucks. And you would agree. How insightful.

[Tou:6+1]: Your wound continues recovering. Of course, until then, you are still at risk of infection. Which is extremely deadly, remember that.

Investigate the distorted room with the item inside it.
You walk into the distorted room, with a tunnel vision towards the item... [3] You don't notice the pain until half your body is in the room. Your nails distort, your teeth attempt to move out of their current positions, your eyes ache, your lungs move into bad positions blocking complete breath. You run out of the room in pain, screaming.

[2]: Your body-parts, at least for now, are stuck distorted. Man, magic can be chaotic sometimes.

New status effect: Half Distorted Body: Lasts 5 turns, effects: -10 Strength, -20 Agility, -20 Toughness, -20 Charisma.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elfeater: Nelar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Random event (click to show/hide)

The Helten Empire recently announced it's recognizing of the Kingdom of Grathos' ownership of Rihosis' four occupied cities, now considering them the rightful owner, rewriting text on trade routes to those cities nation wide to reflect this decision. This has utterly enraged Rihosis' king, as they thought that the Helten Empire preferred them over Grathos. Rihosis views this act as a diplomatic insult, and has tightly restricted trade good types allowed to and/or through their territory from the Helten Empire as a result, of course making their lord angry in addition to putting a visible dent in Helten's economy. This point of new friction leaves the wall between a war of honor and peace very fragile at this moment.

The Kingdom of Rihosis gains Casus Belli on The Helten Empire. And vice versa.

Anyway, calling waitlisters IronyOwl, Draignean, Haika, and Wolfchild: Because of various reasons I might (don't get excited, entirely unsure of this) open a tenth spot because... well, as far as I can remember (Potentially short memory warning), this RTD is quite easy to do aside from the kingdoms, the waiting list is as long as the active player's list, and I just plain like even numbers. So, I'm wondering if you guys still read this or if you're just ignoring this and just waiting to join. If you respond before the next turn (which should give everyone sufficient time), and if you have a sheet to go with that response, You'll take priority over the next three in front of you that are in front of you that haven't responded since you're, obviously, waiting for this with bated breath or are at least pretty active. If no-one responds, I will not open a 10th spot. If I still feel like opening a new spot by the time I've finish the next turn (so I'm not screwing myself up), I'll put one of you in the game and turn Dwarmin's temporary spot into a permanent spot. :)

And if I don't feel like opening a new spot, hopefully I won't feel guilty. :P

Anyway, anything wrong with the turn or is it errorless?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 06:00:08 pm by Tarran »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Leave wherever this is, find somewhere more interesting. Find a small bag to put the silver into. Maybe eat the rats if they don't seem poisoned or decayed.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Attempt to devise a method to get this arrow out unaided.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Anthramarux took a closer look at her treasure. So, this was magic. It was intriguing.

Granted, the shift of her form was...strange, and somewhat unpleasant. All Power had a price, though. Even at that age, she knew that.

She did have a dark thought-what is mother took it and didn't let her play with it? Maybe it was best to not tell her...she didn't feel right about lying, but...this treasure was mine, she thought. Mine! It sounded like a new word, isn't that odd? It's mine! Mine! ALL MINE!

She grinned and began sneaking toward her nest, trying to figure out a hiding spot.

Hide the necklace in my nest, then tell mother about the two rooms I found. Ask her about magic and magic items in general.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 07:18:19 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, anyway. That's all the interaction I can reasonably get from Father.

Nuvian heads out of her living area and tries flying. If she can fly, she can go anywhere. And if she can go anywhere, she can cause some trouble! If she DOES fly, she will see if she can find some small humans or other mammals to menace nearby.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 136