Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210176 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

Oh so its my fault! you really think I wanted her dead I had nothing to do with it I was a scared as you! Why are you always so mean to me!
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Scientia narrows her eyes but says nothing. She turns away and attends to what she knows of funeral rites.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 14: Various mundane things happen, RNG is silly.
« Reply #302 on: October 16, 2011, 03:11:19 pm »

So after making myself HELLplanet for a few days (bit late for Halloween but whatever I figure why not)*, it's time for another HELLdate.

*Turns out I'm an idiot and Halloween is on the 31st, not 13th - Tarran from a day later

Also, I just realized last update I forgot to give everyone their pointless pony texts. So I'll hand them out this upadate.

SnortsYou think I could stop them look what they did to mom... We should stick together in case of danger,
Scientia frowns. "Out there? wouldn't you have had to run straight through the humans?"

Start work on whatever dragon death rites I know of.
Nelar looks at her with a expresion of disgust, "They were looting you idiot I couldve snuck right on past."
Scientia stares at her sibling. "Why exactly did mom start fighting? She was backing down when I left, and those were clearly terrible odds."
Oh so its my fault! you really think I wanted her dead I had nothing to do with it I was a scared as you! Why are you always so mean to me!
Scientia narrows her eyes but says nothing. She turns away and attends to what she knows of funeral rites.
Nelar snorts and says "You think I could stop them? Look what they did to mom... We should stick together in case of danger."

Scientia frowns and asks "How did you get out there? Wouldn't you have had to run straight through the humans?" She then tries to think of a rite, but realizes she never saw any rites preformed before.

Nelar responds "They were looting, you idiot. I snuck right past them."

Scientia then asks "Why exactly did mom start fighting? She was backing down when I left, and those were clearly terrible odds."

Nelar shouts out, ignoring the question entirely and just raises more questions ((dermonster never blamed you)) by saying "Oh so its my fault! You really think I wanted her dead? I had nothing to do with it, I was a scared as you! Why are you always so mean to me!"

Scientia then tries to remember rites. She sends a Ping into her brain, hoping it'll hit something.

Request timed out. Request timed out. Request timed out. Request timed out. Packet loss 100%.

((If you don't get it, and never used the command-line Ping command, then basically you cannot think of any rites))

[Scientia Int:1+2] Scientia's brain then rewinds a little. Something that happened in the last minute is bugging her. Maybe... ponies? No, no, not goddamn ponies. What the hell is wrong with your brain for thinking of ponies?

Nuvian took one final look back at the man. At first, she was sympathetic... but it became increasingly clear that the knight/warrior had no sympathy for her. She was just a foul beast to him -- a mere pawn in his last moments. She knew which way her life would go from here on out. She would aspire to, one day, become a great overlord of a human civilization, ruling over peasants and royalty alike with an iron claw. If a dying man can look at a defenseless dragon and hold a knife to its throat, who knows what a human that's alive and well would be like?

She had panicked. She knew there wasn't much interesting around the area. She had just wanted to escape the situation. But now it was time to return to it, triumphant.

See if I can retrieve the fallen man's weapon -- if so, bring it back to Father.
What a horrible man. But you are 'victorious', so you have the full right to take his weapon.

You grab the longsword in your mouth, and bring it back to father like a dog playing fetch. He looks at you, unsure how to react.

Anthramarux is a bit shocked, but science cannot move forward without exploding test rats, after all. Hopefully, mother would have an idea what to do with the orbs later.

Now, time to explore the other room. The 'Odd" room. Mystery! Assuming the treasure didn't make her explode, she wanted to bring it back to her mother and prove she could get treasure of her own.

Anthramarux scampered off to investigate like the cute little dragon she was.

Explore the 'Odd" room with rings, crowns, braclets and belts. Don't touch the treasure till I find out whats so Odd about it!
You look at the treasure, avoiding touching it. [Int:1+2]: There's something special about them... magic, maybe? Maybe a coating of some rare mineral? Maybe dust from hundreds of years of being forgotten? Whatever it is, it's different for every single item, none have the same 'feel' about them.

Try flying even further distances from bigger drops
[Agi:3]: You continue flying around. Progressively less gracefully.

Uh, yeah. Great. What, do you want a medal or something?

*Gasp* "This thing is heavy. Maybe if I skin it and then quarter it I could put a quarter in the hide."

Kin starts skinning the bear except for the head. When done he beheads the bear and put the head in his improvised bag.
[Str:6] Like a pony ripping grass from a field, you rip all the skin off with your mouth in a few seconds. Blood splatters everywhere. Urgh... You nearly lose your lunch.

Now, for taking off the head...

...How are you going to do said action? Your claws can cut skin and flesh, but not that well, and they can only scratch bones. You cannot fit the bear's head in your mouth, and likely don't have the strength to bite the bone off. Cracking the spine with a rock is impossible as it would take two hands (and thus, you SOMEHOW standing up on legs not designed to stand up on) to pick up a reasonable enough sized rock. And ripping it out is definitely not going to be easy.

+2 Strength.

Check to make sure theres no one else around, then look for a container to start scooping the silver into as much as possible. If there isn't one, go find a container.
There's no-one else around.

You look for a container. [4]: You find a chest in a room off to the side. You push it with your head all the way back to the room, where you begin loading the chest with silver.

Then, it hits you: You absolutely cannot move this chest, filled with silver, even an inch. It's all fine and well moving an empty chest, but a loaded one, especially with a heavy metal like silver, is just impossible. And, due to the nature of large dragons, you do not expect there to be any smaller container: It's just too inconvenient for an adult dragon to pick up a leather bag or small box with their sharp, clawed fingers which can break through the containers easily, so chests, the largest and toughest containers made by humans, are the only thing they use.

Damn...

Cevitil stared at his slightly crispy claws, a little worriedly. This wasn't going very well...

Cevitil contemplates what he did to lead up to this. He reminds himself to make more judgement before his actions next time. He also attempts to catch his mothers attention, again.
So, what did you do to lead to this:

1: You did not listen to your father and not plan revenge.
2: You carelessly scratched a wall, when the only walls around are made of stone.
3: Instead of attempting to stop the bleeding, you initially just flew around, speeding up your bloodflow and making your fingers bleed even faster.
4: You did not cauterize very well or in a controlled way.

You cry at mother again. She looks at you, and then your nasty looking fingers... [Mother Int:1] She's at a loss of words.

[Tou:4+2(bonus for little time passing)]: No infection so far. Your wound begins to start recovering, but many sections of your hands are still burned.

Oh well. It was worth a shot. Investigate the barrier/room with the necklace, try to get past the barrier.
((I just made a mistake. I now realize that I described the item in the barrier as both a sword and a necklace... well, I'll let you choose which one you prefer.))

You investigate the room with the *ITEM TYPE*. It's an average stone room, with the *ITEM TYPE* and it's barrier on one wall.

[Int:4]: You cannot for the life of you figure out how to get past the barrier in a mundane way. You now know that, physically, getting past the barrier is downright impossible. You have a feeling that you need an item of some sort or some special requirement about you. You have no idea what either are, though.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elfeater: Nelar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Random event (click to show/hide)

For some reason, the dragons recently terrorizing Kobland gave formal apologies, attributing the raiding to temporary insanity caused by poisoned water supplies.

Province of Kobland: Relations improve with dragons. From Utter Terror And More Terror to Utter Terror (better).

So any problems with the turn? Or is this turn fine?

And, if you want, you can start betting on how long it will be before I HAVE to continue working on the world. I personally bet until turn 25 to 30, early into teenager, when people will likely be flying around the lands and a war will have started by then.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 12:02:05 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 16, 2011, 03:20:06 pm »

Pickup as much as I can actually carry, and leave, to go somewhere more interesting than just either silver or doom.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 16, 2011, 03:23:18 pm »

Scientia's mind comes into sharp clarity suddenly, suspicions heightening. "Why are you defending yourself when I never blamed you for anything? What did you do!?"

Uh... try to heal my wounds.
(I had this planned already.)
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 16, 2011, 03:46:54 pm »

Shiny!

Anthramarux looks for a dragon sized piece of treasure to wear on herself-, and goes to show mother.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 16, 2011, 04:08:00 pm »

Uh... try to heal my wounds.
Mind being more specific?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 16, 2011, 04:10:15 pm »

Well I got stabbed at some point. Look for some cloth and try to wrap it up.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 16, 2011, 04:17:29 pm »

"I ran okay! I was scared why are you so mean I was going to help mom fight but I was too scared!"
(she was talking right? Or was that thoghts?)
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 16, 2011, 05:33:32 pm »

Now Nuvian was unsure how to react! She thought her father would be impressed. Clearly he's not.

Ignore the sword. Ask Father if there is a war going on. Clearly the wounded man must have come from such a terrible sort of fight.

If there was a war, Nuvian could find a way to take advantage of it somehow.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:39:07 pm by freeformschooler »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 16, 2011, 05:38:21 pm »

(This whole back and forth thing is getting kinda tiring and frustrating. Why did you have to go and do that ;.; )

"That doesn't explain why mom started to fight in the first place." Scientia growled. "She knew those odds were terrible, and so did I" Her glare intensified. "The only explanation would be if someone egged her on. With the way you've been acting and what you've said... What did you do!?"
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:47:44 pm by dermonster »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 16, 2011, 05:45:59 pm »

(This whole back and forth thing is getting kinda tiring and frustrating. Why did you have to go and do that ;.;)
The whole back and forth thing is semi-interesting as an observer as you are just waiting in anticipation for the bad guy to slip up. :P

Anyway, you messed up your emote. You ended up making a wink emote.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 16, 2011, 05:48:07 pm »

goddamn parenthesized HTML

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #313 on: October 17, 2011, 06:34:14 am »

Kin was thinking. Thinking how he best could behead the bear. Doing it normally would take time and he had already spent a considerably amount of time hunting and taking down the bear. Then he thought back on that widowmaker and the tree. "Maybe", he thought, "I can use it to my advantage."

Kin looks for a tree with a thick trunk and branches going in a Y-shape. He will then put the bear in such a position that the bear head is on one side and the rest of the body on the other side. Let gravity do the rest. Apply force as needed.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 17, 2011, 01:32:38 pm »

Do note, Kin, that that requires you carrying the bear's head up and to said branch while climbing. Which will require EXTREME testing of strength and toughness.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 136