Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210155 times)

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 12: More exploration. Fumbling. Free. Battle won.
« Reply #285 on: October 09, 2011, 04:39:23 pm »

You can't produce flame. You can only produce lightning, since your breath is lightning. And lightning... isn't exactly something that would serve as a good thing to cauterize with. :P

Update likely today, since I did most of the update last night.
Mmmmhhh yes, silly me. Updated my status.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Though Anthramarux longed for the power, there wasn't much point in getting blasted...experimentation time! Why not use a test subject?

Anthramarux tries to catch a live insect, rat or bat and toss it at one of the power stones-keeping at a nice distance of course. Observe the effects closely.
You catch a rat, and throw it at one of the power-stones. [Agi:5-1]: It lands perfectly on a [Life] green crystal. Initially, it has no effect.

However, you soon notice the rat bloating. It's cells are growing much faster and not dying. Soon, it explodes. That's... unpleasant. Very, very unpleasant!

Also, you have a feeling you want to do it again, FOR SCIENCE!

Try and figure out what the splitting feeling is. if it seems like a really bad idea at some point, dash for the silver instead!
After waiting a few seconds, you feel your very conscience and soul slowly drifting apart. Not something healthy.

So, you run for the silver. What you find is... lots and lots of silver items and coins.

Ask sister if the men are still here
Retort ask where Nelar was during this whole thing.

"Sister, are the men still here?" Nelar asks.

"No... what were you doing... out there?" Scientia retorts.

A silence holds over the room.

Kin suddenly realized his mistake. In the heat of the battle he had been thinking of bringing the whole carcass with him to show his father, but his father did state that Kin only needed to bring back a bit of hide. "But then again," Kin thought, "if I were to bring me the whole body father would surely be more proud than just a bit of hide?" And with that, Kin started to drag the heavy load back home again.

Even though it was heavier Kin kept dragging the dead bear home. He was going to make his father really proud.
[Str:3]: You struggle to drag the corpse home, up the hill. You groan in pain as the large corpse proves a very serious test of your strength. Ultimately, you only manage to drag it a little further. [Tou:6] Thankfully your body can take this stress for now.

You pant for a minute. This is proving to be rather stressful.

+1 Toughness.

Semakhet nodded politely, absorbing in the information. She was about to ask him to continue, but saw the man was quite tired.

'I should let you rest.' she said. 'I've been practicing flying a bit. Would you like to see?'

Try to fly a bit, jumping from places where there's only a short fall to the ground
"Sure, if you say so."

Hearing your friend say so, you start flapping your wings and [Agi:4] fly like a... errr... dragon?

Broma chuckles at the act, and you slowly descent back to the ground.

+1 Agility.

Oh yeah wtf am I talking about, I breathe energy :P

Oh well. Head off to explore somewhere else, and let Father take care of the scary man.
((Vague action))

Completely unphased by the almost blatantly obviously important person of importantness, you head off to explore... the outside.

There's a brook, a hill, a bunch of trees... rocks, yeah all sorts of stuff, all of it is unexciting and you'll have to examine them more closely in order to find anything interesting.

Father stays inside the cave. Maybe you should inform him that it's safe now?

The man falls to the ground and stops moving. You have a feeling; this time it's final.

Investigate the Stone Room. Something that incredibly boring can't be, in actuality, incredibly boring.
You decide to go into the stone room.

After... five minutes of intense searching, you realize that you're an idiot and this room is JUST A FREAKING STONE ROOM FOR GOD'S SAKE. There's no ninjas hiding in here or anything, there's just rocks, rocks, and more rocks.

Attempt to catch mothers attention, to see if she can do anything about the bleeding. IF that fails, attempt to cauterize my wounds using the (probably) tiny amount of lightning I can produce by lighting a piece of wood on fire and holding my bleeding claws over it. Somehow.
You talk to mother, and she looks at you, still sad from father's death. She tries to think about how to help you, [Mother Int:1] but her tears are preventing her from doing so.

So, you decide to set a branch on fire. [Luck:6] It burns with a hot flame. A little too hot... you may want to move it before it sets fire to the grass you didn't see that was right next to it. Regardless, you attempt to cauterize your wounds. [Tou:1] You not only cauterize your wounds, but you burn your hands badly and they hurt bad. Man your body sucks. Ummm... there's a decent risk of... err... infection now... That's not good.

At the very least, your bleeding stopped.

-2 HP, -1 Toughness.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elfeater: Nelar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)

Alright, another turn for your entertainment. Notify if any stats or such are wrongify. Or future turnifys may be suckify.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

SnortsYou think I could stop them look what they did to mom... We should stick together in case of danger,
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Scientia frowns. "Out there? wouldn't you have had to run straight through the humans?"

Start work on whatever dragon death rites I know of.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nuvian took one final look back at the man. At first, she was sympathetic... but it became increasingly clear that the knight/warrior had no sympathy for her. She was just a foul beast to him -- a mere pawn in his last moments. She knew which way her life would go from here on out. She would aspire to, one day, become a great overlord of a human civilization, ruling over peasants and royalty alike with an iron claw. If a dying man can look at a defenseless dragon and hold a knife to its throat, who knows what a human that's alive and well would be like?

She had panicked. She knew there wasn't much interesting around the area. She had just wanted to escape the situation. But now it was time to return to it, triumphant.

See if I can retrieve the fallen man's weapon -- if so, bring it back to Father.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Anthramarux is a bit shocked, but science cannot move forward without exploding test rats, after all. Hopefully, mother would have an idea what to do with the orbs later.

Now, time to explore the other room. The 'Odd" room. Mystery! Assuming the treasure didn't make her explode, she wanted to bring it back to her mother and prove she could get treasure of her own.

Anthramarux scampered off to investigate like the cute little dragon she was.

Explore the 'Odd" room with rings, crowns, braclets and belts. Don't touch the treasure till I find out whats so Odd about it!

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try flying even further distances from bigger drops
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

*Gasp* "This thing is heavy. Maybe if I skin it and then quarter it I could put a quarter in the hide."

Kin starts skinning the bear except for the head. When done he beheads the bear and put the head in his improvised bag.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Check to make sure theres no one else around, then look for a container to start scooping the silver into as much as possible. If there isn't one, go find a container.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nuvian took one final look back at the man. At first, she was sympathetic... but it became increasingly clear that the knight/warrior had no sympathy for her. She was just a foul beast to him -- a mere pawn in his last moments. She knew which way her life would go from here on out. She would aspire to, one day, become a great overlord of a human civilization, ruling over peasants and royalty alike with an iron claw. If a dying man can look at a defenseless dragon and hold a knife to its throat, who knows what a human that's alive and well would be like?
And so our first dragon goes down the path of brutalizing humans. That should provide some flavor, that's for sure!

Anthramarux is a bit shocked, but science cannot move forward without exploding test rats, after all. Hopefully, mother would have an idea what to do with the orbs later.
...Orbs? Mind my memory, but I don't remember mentioning orbs anywhere. ???

Anyway, 7/9, Tal and Repusion need to post.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

Nelar looks at her with a expresion of disgust, "They were looting you idiot I couldve snuck right on past."
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Scientia stares at her sibling. "Why exactly did mom start fighting? She was backing down when I left, and those were clearly terrible odds."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cevitil stared at his slightly crispy claws, a little worriedly. This wasn't going very well...

Cevitil contemplates what he did to lead up to this. He reminds himself to make more judgement before his actions next time. He also attempts to catch his mothers attention, again.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile

Oh well. It was worth a shot. Investigate the barrier/room with the necklace, try to get past the barrier.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks, Tal, for not making me PM you again. And just in time, I was going to PM you tomorrow (later today technically).

Turn will come... sometime. Patience.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 136