Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210160 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 12: More exploration. Fumbling. Free. Battle won.
« Reply #270 on: October 05, 2011, 08:54:43 pm »

Though Anthramarux longed for the power, there wasn't much point in getting blasted...experimentation time! Why not use a test subject?

Anthramarux tries to catch a live insect, rat or bat and toss it at one of the power stones-keeping at a nice distance of course. Observe the effects closely.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 05, 2011, 08:57:12 pm »

Try and figure out what the splitting feeling is. if it seems like a really bad idea at some point, dash for the silver instead!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 05, 2011, 10:55:17 pm »

Ask sister if the men are still here
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 05, 2011, 10:57:20 pm »

Retort ask where Nelar was during this whole thing.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #274 on: October 06, 2011, 05:29:26 am »

Kin suddenly realized his mistake. In the heat of the battle he had been thinking of bringing the whole carcass with him to show his father, but his father did state that Kin only needed to bring back a bit of hide. "But then again," Kin thought, "if I were to bring me the whole body father would surely be more proud than just a bit of hide?" And with that, Kin started to drag the heavy load back home again.

Even though it was heavier Kin kept dragging the dead bear home. He was going to make his father really proud.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 06, 2011, 07:51:46 am »

Semakhet nodded politely, absorbing in the information. She was about to ask him to continue, but saw the man was quite tired.

'I should let you rest.' she said. 'I've been practicing flying a bit. Would you like to see?'

Try to fly a bit, jumping from places where there's only a short fall to the ground
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 06, 2011, 09:10:39 am »

Oh yeah wtf am I talking about, I breathe energy :P

Oh well. Head off to explore somewhere else, and let Father take care of the scary man.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 06, 2011, 06:28:40 pm »

A few random questions for you guys, since there's a limited amount of time for each life-stage and I feel like I might be giving you guys too little time:

Should I start doing non-gigantic amounts dialogue separate from the turn, only leaving, say, the amount Digital Hellhound is getting in the main turn?

Should I start doing combat separate from the main turn so you don't waste years on a small fight?

Should I do it in the multiple attacks per order way Dwarmin did and the other dragon RTD is doing? I mean, I don't like it, but I can do it if it's preferred.

KineseN, if the second question gets the majority vote yes and combat becomes a separate from the main turn, should I give you some extra turns and do them temporarily separate from the rest of the turns so you aren't cheated on in that respect?

And, finally, do you guys like ponies?*

*Saying yes or no will have no actual effect besides a small bit of pony related text next time you get a turn.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 06, 2011, 08:15:12 pm »

Fights should be separate, dialogue I have no opinion on, really.

Because really most fights are over in a real time of about 5 minutes.

I don't know how the other Dragon RTD's are doing it because I'm not watching them. But if you don't like it then I wholeheartedly suggest not doing it because you not liking to do something = subconscious procrastination = less turns and maybe an abandonment which would suck because this is really interesting.

Hell yes.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 06, 2011, 08:18:35 pm »

No to ponies, but yeah, seperate the fights. do it the way you want to, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #280 on: October 07, 2011, 02:01:08 am »

I don't mind either way really, both for fights and dialog. Though I do prefer one attack a turn.

And yes, I like ponies. FOR PONIES!

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 08, 2011, 01:22:03 pm »

Tal, Repulsion, come on, don't make me have to PM you guys. I know you've been active, Tal. And Repulsion, you're usually pretty on-time, and your profile says you've been active recently, so...
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 09, 2011, 03:51:17 am »

Investigate the Stone Room. Something that incredibly boring can't be, in actuality, incredibly boring.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 09, 2011, 12:48:32 pm »

(Sorry, been playing a lot of TF2 and other games lately.)

Cevitil looked down at his bleeding claws, a little worriedly. He had never bled before...

Attempt to catch mothers attention, to see if she can do anything about the bleeding. IF that fails, attempt to cauterize my wounds using the (probably) tiny amount of lightning I can produce by lighting a piece of wood on fire and holding my bleeding claws over it. Somehow.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 04:39:06 pm by Repulsion »
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 09, 2011, 12:52:29 pm »

You can't produce flame. You can only produce lightning, since your breath is lightning. And lightning... isn't exactly something that would serve as a good thing to cauterize with. :P

Update likely today, since I did most of the update last night.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 136