Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210132 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 11: Still captive. Exploration. Leadertalkingspam.
« Reply #255 on: September 30, 2011, 07:54:58 pm »

Before this ends up too far down on the second page. And to keep my promise.

Give the man a pouty-eyes look. I know he has nothing to lose.
[Cha:2]: You look at the man, in a begging way. He does not budge.

Father *Coin flip* continues to stand still.

The man continues to bleed. You just now notice that he's rather weak. He is still strong enough to press a shortsword into your neck, though.

"I said, get away!" He screams.

"I will not leave you alone with my daughter." Your father says back.

"It's leave or yo...ur daughter-" *Cough* "gets it." He says under a strained voice.

"You're bleeding. You're going to die." Father responds.

"Before I... do, I'll make sure... to kill your daughter... if you don't... go away..." He says. Still strained. [Int:3+1][Cha:1]: You imagine that he's just bluffing (success for Int), but he sounds very serious (failure for Cha). His sword inches ever closer to a point where it breaks your skin and starts cutting/stabbing.

Stay hidden.
You stay low, as the men loot everything they can find. [Sword Int: 1+1]: He misses everything you hid. What a derp.

They then leave with everything they can carry. They sound mildly iffed off that they didn't find anything particularly valuable.

It is now completely quiet... the only sound being very faint wind.

Thank god the bad luck is gone (for now).
CAREFULLY try to flap again.
[Str:3][Agi:2]: Maybe your wing is messed up from your mother or smacking it. Maybe some bones are broke. Maybe you just suck at flying. Regardless, you only manage some weak worthless movements of your wing. Fantastic.

It's cool, probably what I would've done anyways.

Go exploring!
((It would've been nice to specify where you are going exploring. AKA you made a vague action.))

[6][2][5]: You go down a hall and notice it split off in three directions.

One, leads to a... distorted room, with an item inside. You can't make out what it is, though. Something tells you that going into the distorted room may be hazardous.

The other, leads to a unremarkable stone room. Obviously unused over the years.

The last, leads to a room devoid of all but a bright necklace. And some sort of... barrier? Which is blocking the way to the object.

Fly around in fast circles, while waiting for the bleeding to scab.
Insanely, you fly around in circles [Agi:2+2]: Flying fast enough to get dizzy. [Tou:1]: The wounds on your fingers aren't the kind that scab. In fact, they start bleeding FASTER due to the increased bloodflow from flying around. The speed they're bleeding out is getting concerning...

-1 HP.

Semakhet sniffed in disdain. The Gods of the Underworld could devour her mother all she cared. She had no wish to spend any more time than necessary with the weakling hiding inside her cave.

'It's fine, this is a much better place for a lesson. Please, go on. Tell me what I need to know.'

Lesson time!
"Alright if you say so. Let me start with Rihosis...

The king is Quendeer the second. He prefers to be called 'King Quendeer' or 'My King' depending if you are loyal to him or not. He intensely insists that he's the rightful king of Lamal, Hastong, Praduke, and Zasteel, which is now owned by the Kingdom of Grathos, and he visibly frowns when people do not consider him the rightful king. Be sure to remember that! He is generally a calm and stable man, nearing the age of 50. He loves talking about peaceful things. He's intensely disliking of dragons, having had many bad experiences.

His eldest son, Darandeer, owns 2 cities. He prefers to be called 'Prince Darandeer' or 'My Prince' depending if you are loyal to him or not. He also insists that his dynasty rightfully owns Lamal, Hastong, Praduke, and Zasteel, remember that. He's an active man, and actively tries to embarrass Grathos' heirs. He's interested in dragons, but doesn't really 'like' your kind.

Next, is the second oldest heir, Bolon. He owns a single city. He prefers to be called 'Prince Bolon' formally. Just 'Bolon', or his nick-name 'Bol' casually. He respects his father's claim to the four cities I've mentioned twice, but he doesn't care if you don't respect it yourself. He's a playful man, and generally enjoys challenges and or gambling, though not excessively. Having raised a dragon baby himself, and promptly having it burn down his castle once it was grown a significant amount, he has had very mixed feelings about your kind. He generally tries to avoid your kind so he doesn't have to relive any memories.

Then, there's Quendeer's brother, Athos, who owns 5 cities among him and his sons. He's very loyal to his brother, and he's also a few years younger. He prefers to be called 'Archduke Athos' or 'Brother Athos', the first if you're a foreigner, the second if you're a native. He's a pretty religious man, and he's also pretty friendly which is why he's called 'Brother Athos', though he often has distaste towards dragons. If you talk to him, don't say anything disrespectful towards his brother or towards the gods, because that will make him very upset. Alternatively, offer him Blueapple pie, generously, without catches, to make him happy. It's his favorite, and he doesn't get to eat it often since it's so expensive.

Finally, there's Quendeer's best friend and favorite general, Duke Galton. He owns 3 cities himself. He prefers to be called 'Sir Galton' formally. Casually, just 'Galton'. He's a calm man, but once he's made up his mind it'll take Quendeer himself to change his mind. He dislikes your kind, out of instinct. In truth, he's never just talked to a dragon before, due to various reasons."

Broma takes a breath.

"Should I tell you less or more details about the leaders, should I only talk about the top leaders or continue talking about the lessers, and which one do you want to know about next?

+1 Charisma.

Anthramarux stretches and yawns, like a giant cat. She needed to ease some tension after that dream...well, perhaps this cave held other secrets? She was sort of hungry, anyway.

Cave Exploration! Catch something juicy to eat if I find it.
[3][6][6]: You walk through the caves, looking for exciting things.

First off, you find a caved-in room that you cannot access. A few gold coins lay around the entrance. It might have been a secondary treasure room long forgotten by mother.

Then, you find a room off the lighted path with glowing stones inside it. You have a feeling mother doesn't know about this room. The stones glow with various colors. You get a feeling that it might not be a good idea to go into that room, but you also feel immense power inside that room and you are very interested in that room.

Lastly, there is a room filled with rings, crowns, bracelets, and belts. All of them look... odd in a way.

Also, [Int:5+2] you find and catch a rat easily, which is hiding in an extremely obvious hiding place. It's a fat one. It fills you up.

Kin had a quizzed look - or rather, as much as a dragons head could allow - over the ridiculous situation. He were certain that a bite from a dragon, even one as immature as himself would've inflict more harm than a mosquito bite. Then again, the bear had made similar amount of damage to him. It was like some higher beings were playing a game with Kin and the bear and they were the only ones unaware of it.

"That's just ridiculous." Shaking his head of the strange thought he bit the bear again.
[Str:4][Bear Agi:1-1, ouch][Difference 4]: You bite down hard on the bear's upper chest, [5 out of 1d12, +50%, -50%, 5 damage] tearing the skin and causing bleeding. Tastes like bear if blood could ever taste like something other than blood.

The bear retaliates, [Bear Agi:4-1][Agi:2+1][Difference 0] striking you in the arm, [1 out of 1d5] it feels like mosquito bite still.

The bear is now in panic. It is looking around and backing away.

-1 HP. +1 Strength.

Try to sneak away
The men do not care about you. You sneak away easily, into the wilderness.

Umm... you know, it's kinda dangerous around here alone.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elfeater: Nelar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hostiles: KineseN (click to show/hide)

Anything else?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 30, 2011, 08:03:04 pm »

Go exploring nearby.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 30, 2011, 08:22:44 pm »

Anthramarux slurped up the end of the rats tail and emitted an unladylike belch. Tasty!

Those glowing stones were so pretty...and powerful. She only knew a little of what 'power' was now-it was what just allowed to kill and eat that rat just now, for example. 'Power' was what you used to do what you wanted. If you didn't have enough power, you were like a rat-and you got eaten up. If you had lots of power, you were like Mom-A Dragon...

Anthramarux wanted to be a Dragon, not a rat. She didn't want to get eaten. After all, if it was really dangerous, Mom would have cleaned it out, so it was probably was beneath her notice. Anthramarux would investigate them...she had some bad feeling from them, but nothing specific-they might only be dangerous if she touched them, or stayed around them too long. She would do a quick search, then inform her mother. Maybe.

Investigate those stones! Try not to touch them.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 30, 2011, 08:45:55 pm »

Go to mothers corpse and mourn till daybreak.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 01, 2011, 01:03:16 am »

Wait till the men leave then retuern to the cave. Avoid sister if shes there
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 01, 2011, 01:06:53 am »

I hope you realize that there is basically one very visible entrance to the cave and I will likely try to beat you to death if I see you.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 01, 2011, 01:41:12 am »

As much as I think Elfeater deserves to be taught karma, he's slightly better combat-attribute wise and he's got 24 HP to your 10 HP. It's pretty much one-sided towards him.

Then there's also the fact that you don't know that Elfeater was responsible for your mother's death. You weren't around. As far as you know mother could've just snapped and attacked.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 01, 2011, 01:47:38 am »

D:

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 01, 2011, 01:54:39 am »

On the other hand if you figure out in the future you can do a variety of things to kill him with your utterly superior Charisma and Intelligence. So don't feel bad.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 01, 2011, 03:31:11 am »

Semakhet thought about it for a few moments, going through what he'd told about the world in general before.

'The Merchant Republic of Isrand, I think, especially this Jamos of Dreta. I want to know what kind of man uses my kin to assassinate others. I do not need so many details just yet, but keep telling of the lesser lords of these realms as well. They could be useful as well.'
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 03:32:49 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 01, 2011, 08:10:20 am »

I have no choice. There is nothing like a warrior who has nothing left to lose. If I can't do this now, I'm finished! Attempt to breathe fire on the man to loosen his grip on me.

My stats are probably working against me here.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 09:04:05 am by freeformschooler »

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 01, 2011, 08:31:36 am »

Nuzzle up to mother in pain. Contemplate the weapons you saw the humans use and how to counter them!
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #267 on: October 01, 2011, 09:12:46 am »

"Ah, finally!" With renewed vigor Kin started to slash at the bear with his claws.

Kin claws the bear one last time and will hopefully bring back the carcass to his father.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 03, 2011, 08:49:38 pm »

Investigate each room/path, find out what I can about each and gauge the dangers and bonuses.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 12: More exploration. Fumbling. Free. Battle won.
« Reply #269 on: October 05, 2011, 08:25:27 pm »

After making my new, very hard to see avatar (due to various lethal items), it's time to make another update.

Go exploring nearby.
[6][4][2]: You enter a hallway, which splits in two, one leading to a room and one to another hallway. Down there, is another hallway and two rooms. You decide the three rooms are good enough.

The first has a sign with some sorts of symbols. You have no idea what they mean. The room itself looks fairly ordinary, but as you approach it it feels like you're... splitting apart... in some way. Not physically, but...

The second, is a room filled with shiny silver things. Lots of shiny silver things. You feel immense greed as you look at them...

The last is a dank room with some fairly average mushrooms. Definitely inedible by the looks and smell of them. Not likely poisonous to kill even a rat, though.

Anthramarux slurped up the end of the rats tail and emitted an unladylike belch. Tasty!

Those glowing stones were so pretty...and powerful. She only knew a little of what 'power' was now-it was what just allowed to kill and eat that rat just now, for example. 'Power' was what you used to do what you wanted. If you didn't have enough power, you were like a rat-and you got eaten up. If you had lots of power, you were like Mom-A Dragon...

Anthramarux wanted to be a Dragon, not a rat. She didn't want to get eaten. After all, if it was really dangerous, Mom would have cleaned it out, so it was probably was beneath her notice. Anthramarux would investigate them...she had some bad feeling from them, but nothing specific-they might only be dangerous if she touched them, or stayed around them too long. She would do a quick search, then inform her mother. Maybe.

Investigate those stones! Try not to touch them.
You slowly walk into the room, trying to investigate the stones. [Eff: 1-2]: You feel an effect, but it is a small tingle and nothing bad happens.

The stones appear to be raw magic of all kinds, from life to death, from chaos to stability, solidified into crystal form. You notice a gas going off of them, so you believe that they are leaking their magics. And you also know that if you touch them you'll be blasted with that magic, which will, without exception, cause bad effects. That includes life magic stones. It may be a good idea not to stick around...

Go to mothers corpse and mourn till daybreak.
You go to mother's corpse, then start crying. Mother...

Suddenly, several thumps... your sister was trying to sneak past you. What was she doing out there? And why was she trying to sneak past you...?

Wait till the men leave then retuern to the cave. Avoid sister if shes there
As the men walk off into the distance, you return to the cave.

Your sister is right in the middle of the entrance, weeping for mother. Hmmm, you'll have to sneak around...

[Agi:1+1-1]: You fumble around loudly at the entrance like a dunce. Your sister looks at you, confused.

Semakhet thought about it for a few moments, going through what he'd told about the world in general before.

'The Merchant Republic of Isrand, I think, especially this Jamos of Dreta. I want to know what kind of man uses my kin to assassinate others. I do not need so many details just yet, but keep telling of the lesser lords of these realms as well. They could be useful as well.'

"Jamos is one of the Mayors of the Merchant Republic. Isrand is a Federation and Merchant Republic. Each city acts as it's own separate part of the entire Republic, with a Doge being the Major that is elected by the others. The Federation of Isrand acts as one and as many at the same time. Jamos is the Major of Dreta, the 'city of the birds'. He is known for taking measures into his own hands, much to the dislike of other Majors, though he is pretty popular with a decent bit of the population as a result. He considers dragons to be friend or foe depending on which way the money is coming from. The reason he paid some of your kin to kill Prince Ventae of Grathos, is a result of long, bitter hated. When Grathos took over four cities from Rihosis, they decided to try their luck on Isrand afterwards. They lost. And, as a result of the attack, Isrand has embargoed Grathos. Grathos has, in response, prevented all traders from Rihosis from entering their territory and sent many attempts at causing chaos in Grathos via spies. Jamos, being the spontaneous person he is, decided to 'fix' the problem: Grathos has only two heirs, so he though that, should the current family die, Grathos could collapse or could have a friendlier dynasty come to the throne. Ventae, the youngest of the two, was on a hunting trip. So, Jamos paid a mighty dragon to kill Ventae. He failed. When the Caliphate of Hiatar got word of this, they sent a 100 man 'party', not even mentioning 'group' or 'army', to Dreta, and began besieging it. The garrison, however, fought them off. However, this was a blatant declaration of war, and only the actions of Nali of Harbror and the Doge Irassis of Kalamer prevented instant war. He prefers to be called by his own name without the titles.

The other leaders of Isrand are:

Palos of Grandza, a comfortable man who often spends money carelessly but generously. He's not that good of a governor or general, but how he acts keeps his approval ratings extremely high. He's at least smart enough to keep the cashflow in the green and not in the red, and also smart enough to get the right advisors. He considers dragons pests due to how often they wreck the areas surrounding his city. He prefers to be called just by his own name.

Nali of Harbror is a female, known for being a very learned, disciplined, and stern woman. In this respect, she is a very poor diplomat when it comes to more casual matters, but in serious matters she is brutal and utterly effective, able to out-argue most opponents. She is well known for literally out-shouting and out-insulting a dragon away from her walls while at the same time giving her own men a headache when she was divorced and thus on a very short temper. She considers dragons wild animals. She prefers to be called by her full title on introduction, and 'Major' afterwards.

Janette of Albreac is another female, known for her ever changing clothes; she avoids wearing the same combination twice a week, and is often showered in luxurious clothes. Don't let this fool you, though, she is an incredible governor and, believe it or not, general. She has a fluctuating non-caring and dead serious personality. She considers dragons wild animals. She prefers to be called 'my lady' by everyone but her soldiers, militia, and guards, who she prefers to call her 'Ma'am'.

Largos of Gemghold is a man from the north. He is known for his incredible strength, and his love for axes. He often holds rare festivals, calling his friends from the north, in which duels between them are seen, songs from the north are sung and played, and rare items are brought from the north and sold in Gemhold and vice versa. Largos is a happy man who is hard to truly anger and loves a challenge. He considers dragons 'beasts who need to learn to control their temper', meaning he doesn't hate dragons but he doesn't fully trust them either. He prefers to be called 'Smosjak Largos' formally, Smosjak being the northern word for 'Major', and just 'Largos' casually.

Finally, there's the 12-year Doge, Irassis of Kalamer. Irassis is a very wealthy, very smart man who seems to be able to convince quite a lot of people. He is an amazing governor and a brilliant general, but he's getting older at the age of 46. He has a calm, but ambitious personality. He is known for convincing people to do things that would never happen in other kingdoms, such as: A somewhat okay stairway to hell (which hit magma and now is mostly useless aside from deep mining), A tall tower to the heavens, trying to reach the gods (which is now too cold for anyone to continue but is still very, very high), a paved road straight to Rihosis through any obstacle, be it lake or mountain (which is halfway done, currently stopped due to a earthquake collapsing a section), and a keep with an exterior wall out of metal, which actually is finished. Irassis is known for inviting several elder dragons to debates (and winning), which means he has some respect towards your species. Formally, he prefers to be called 'Doge of Isrand', or 'Doge'. Casually, 'Uncle Irassis'."

Broma looks somewhat blue from the lack of air. He spends a few seconds breathing hard, and then taking massive drinks of water from a container.

+2 Charisma.

I have no choice. There is nothing like a warrior who has nothing left to lose. If I can't do this now, I'm finished! Attempt to breathe fire on the man to loosen his grip on me.
[Luck:3]: You attempt to breath fire on the man. There's a little problem, though; his sword is on your neck, blocking your neck from expanding so you can breathe fire energy on the man. ((Additionally, you don't breathe fire)). You stop mid-way: Breathing on the man could expand your neck into his sword, which would... not be good.

*Coin flip* Father backs away into the cave, finally. "You hurt her, you're dead." He says. The man moves away from you, but keeps his sword pointed at you. Strangely, instead of picking up his longsword first, he decides to pick up the flag, which is further away, then he picks up his sword. He begins walking--or more correctly, limping--away, still bleeding.

Nuzzle up to mother in pain. Contemplate the weapons you saw the humans use and how to counter them!
You go up to mother, in pain. Also, your hands are still bleeding.

[Int:1]: You have no idea how to defend against the pointy things, maybe you should make your own pointy thing?

No?

Meh.

Also, -1 HP from continued bleeding without action against said bleeding.

"Ah, finally!" With renewed vigor Kin started to slash at the bear with his claws.

Kin claws the bear one last time and will hopefully bring back the carcass to his father.
[Agi:3+1][Bear Agi:5-1][Difference:0]: You just bearly touch the bear's legs as it runs, [4 out of 3d2, halved, 2 damage] cutting a major vein, causing it to bleed to death within a few seconds. You have succeeded in killing the bear!

You slowly drag it back to father, [Str:2] but you seem to lack the strength to carry it up the hills. Hmmm, you can try to do so again, risking hurting something in your or exhausting you, or you can just bite off a bit of it's hide. You father did say 'hide', not 'carcass'.

+5 Strength and Agility for killing the bear.

Investigate each room/path, find out what I can about each and gauge the dangers and bonuses.
Walking next to the distorted room makes you... fell... strange, like everything about you is slightly moving. You can't tell anything about the room through the shimmering.

The stone room is unremarkable and extremely boring. There is nothing but rocks in there.

The last room is fairly safe. The barrier seems to block physical forces. You're not sure if it blocks magical forces, but the faint, unknown 'feeling' about it says yes. You have a feeling simply attacking it won't do. The item is a sword, pulsing with magical energy. It has an... influence about it, a faint voice in your head. It is not loud enough to understand yet, but you have a feeling it could get loud enough to understand if some requirement is met.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elfeater: Nelar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RANDOM EVENT (click to show/hide)

Dragons have lately been terrorizing Kobolds. As a result, many hundreds are running around the wastelands trying to kill some dragons.

Province of Kobland: Relations deteriorate with dragons. From Utter Terror to Utter Terror And More Terror (worse).

Alright, since I have a feeling some might consider this update late compared to the last, I'll get this out quickly. If you spot a mistake tell me.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 136