Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210128 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 10: Mosquito bites. Captive. Cursed by the gods.
« Reply #240 on: September 26, 2011, 08:18:46 pm »

SORRY AGAIN. I'm a lazy SoB and I have no real excuses. I really need to get back into the habit of making a turn while players are posting. I'll see if I can speed up the update speed to reasonable levels from now on, but no guarantees.

A little note: Tal forgot to mention he's going to be gone for a while. But I look at his profile and his last posts, so I can see he told others. Thus, I autoed him this turn.

Anyway, onto what you actually clicked the thread for, the update:

"Ah, finally." Kin returned with a mighty bite before the bear had a chance to react.

Kin (double)claws bites the bear.
After feeling proud for a second, you charge at the bear, head first.

[Str:6][Bear Agi:4-1][Difference 3]: You bite down on the bear's leg, and he fails to get his leg out of your mouth before you clamp down. It [1 out of 12, halved, +20%, 1 point of damage] feels like mosquito bite for the bear.

He swipes at you [Bear Agi:4-1][Agi:2][Difference 1]: He connects, [1 out of 1d5] it also feels like mosquito bite for you.

Reggie would be proud.

Head back into the treasure room and hide anything particularly noteworthy, books and scrolls, magical artifacts and the like. Ignore gold.

You head back to the treasure room and hide everything valuable besides typical gold.

You hear a dying roar nearby... mother...

Your soul screams in immense pain. The type is fairly common, but the reason it's happening attracts the attention of the gods... and a horrible curse is cast upon the cause.

Suddenly, the men walk into the room, and begin looting...

Anthramarux yawns...she curls against her mothers side and falls into the blissful sleep of the young.

Action: Sleep...and dream.
You sleep... and dream of [1] Ponies.

PONIESSSSSSS!

You wake up, breathing heavily. You have slept for about an hour or two.

Try to convince mother to spare the man's life!
[Cha:3]: You bug mother about saving the man. She ignores your gestures, and goes back into the cave after finishing the argument with father.

[Father Int:6]: Father quickly gets back to the man, and drags him down off of the top of the cave and onto the ground, hard. The man gasps in shock and breaths heavily. You can tell he knows how grim his situation is: He will likely die either to your father or bleed to death.

The man looks for his axe, but sees it quite a distance away. So he keeps his hand on his backup instead, a shortsword... [Man Agi:6][Agi:5]: You notice him reach out to you, so you try to jump, but he grasps you by the neck hard, keeping the sword to your neck.

"Stay away...! Or, or your child gets it!" He screams desperately, pushing the sword closer to your neck still. Father looks stunned for an answer to this situation. He does not trust the man enough to back away, but he does not want to rush him for fear of your life.

The man, without a doubt, will not let go of you until father leaves. And by the sound of his voice he sounds like there's a 95% chance he'll cut your neck if your father gets closer: He knows he'll likely die, so he's braving up for what he believes is his last moments.

What's worse, mother is deep in the cave, too far away to help.

Will you try to calm the situation down or will you trust your father's judgement?

Semakhet returned back to the man, rolling her eyes.

'You don't want to go to the forest? What do you want to do, then?'

Do whatever the man wants to do
"It's not that I don't want to go into the forest, it's just I'm wondering where you're going."

"For what to do, well, I'd like to teach you another lesson on talking with us humans. This one is important, because we'll be discussing how to politely address the leaders and lords of the areas around Othem and Othem itself. We should talk about it back in your cave. Your mother would be worried sick if you spent too much time out."

Hmmmm... talking with the leaders... this may be important. Maybe.

Smile at mom to improve the confidence.
She smiles nervously back.

[Mother Int:4+1]: Suddenly, huge pain erupts in your wing as it regenerates very quickly. Then the pain stops, and your wing is back to normal again. You move it around, and sure enough it works!

Mother looks very fatigued from the multiple healing attempts. She lays down.

+5 HP.

Think about dedicating my life to avenge my father. In the meantime, ferociously scratch the wall in rage.
You think of getting revenge on those people. Of not listening to your father at all and making you enemy No. 1 for Rihosis.

You then scratch a wall in rage. [Int:1]: You scratch a rough rock wall in rage and break several nails and cause some notable bleeding. Erm... that could be bad if you don't stop the bleeding.

Also, the men leave.

Get A magic necklace and some gold then flee
You grab a necklace and then gold. You then run outside of the cave while your mother is struck down.

After hiding between several rocks, you feel very, very bad! VERY BAD!

You have been CURSED by the gods of Justice, Fertility and Motherly love, Vengeance, and Heaven for getting your mother killed. May the less interested gods have mercy on your soul...

...On the (very small) bright side, the god of Chaos will be delighted. Though it's NEVER a good idea to mess around with the chaos god. Never.

New status effect: CURSED by the gods! Rolls made by you gain or lose +1 or -1, depending on which one hurts you the most. Rolls against you gain or lose +1 or -1 depending on which one hurts you the most. Walking near altars of said gods will invoke a hostile response. Length of said effect is pretty long: 20 turns or until all gods, your sister (definitely not going to happen for a while considering he told me to punish you), and your mother's soul (good luck) have forgiven you. Alternatively, if you somehow get the Chaos god to like you, he may remove this... and possibly replace it with something else nearly as equally horrible.

Quote from: Tal1 ar223 ion8
Practice with my claws.
[Agi:3]: You make halfhearted attempts to swing your claws.

Fantastico!

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elfeater: Nelar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hostiles: KineseN (click to show/hide)

Tell me if I screwed up horribly.

Anyway, now, I will start doing random events whenever I feel like it. Here's the chances:

Spoiler: Events (click to show/hide)

So, here's the first random event:

Random event: Dragon terrorizes country.   Country: [11] Kingdom of Grathos.

Recently, a large white dragon has been wide-scale terrorizing the Kingdom of Grathos, eroding their relations with dragons. Hunters have been sent out to kill the dragon. They may be overzealous, so all dragons in the Kingdom of Grathos are in danger.

Kingdom of Grathos' relation to dragons: Previously: Disliked. Now: Distrusted (worse).
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2011, 08:30:53 pm »

Give the man a pouty-eyes look. I know he has nothing to lose.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2011, 08:38:08 pm »

Stay hidden.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 26, 2011, 08:44:57 pm »

Huh, guess what?

Turns out, Tal got back as I was writing the larger part of that turn yesterday. So I didn't need to auto him.

Whatever, he didn't post yesterday or today, so he kinda deserved it.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 26, 2011, 08:46:32 pm »

Thank god the bad luck is gone (for now).
CAREFULLY try to flap again.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 26, 2011, 09:40:31 pm »

It's cool, probably what I would've done anyways.

Go exploring!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 26, 2011, 09:45:41 pm »

Post more. The Blood God demands it!

Or maybe the ponies demand it. WHICHEVER.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 26, 2011, 09:56:58 pm »

What ponies? Here be Dragons.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 26, 2011, 10:01:35 pm »

Shut up, you aren't the GM. >:(

Nah, I'm not angry at that. I'll try to update faster.

And it's the ponies. Definitely.

What ponies? Here be Dragons.
See Dwarmin's turn.

Also see my previous RTD.

I have no idea why, but when people get 1s while sleeping I always give them a pony dream.

Always.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 10:08:42 pm by Tarran »

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 27, 2011, 07:04:01 am »

Fly around in fast circles, while waiting for the bleeding to scab.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 27, 2011, 08:02:32 am »

Semakhet sniffed in disdain. The Gods of the Underworld could devour her mother all she cared. She had no wish to spend any more time than necessary with the weakling hiding inside her cave.

'It's fine, this is a much better place for a lesson. Please, go on. Tell me what I need to know.'

Lesson time!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 27, 2011, 09:57:22 am »

Anthramarux stretches and yawns, like a giant cat. She needed to ease some tension after that dream...well, perhaps this cave held other secrets? She was sort of hungry, anyway.

Cave Exploration! Catch something juicy to eat if I find it.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Turn 10: A mosquito the size of a dragon. Or maybe a bear.
« Reply #252 on: September 27, 2011, 01:15:32 pm »

Kin had a quizzed look - or rather, as much as a dragons head could allow - over the ridiculous situation. He were certain that a bite from a dragon, even one as immature as himself would've inflict more harm than a mosquito bite. Then again, the bear had made similar amount of damage to him. It was like some higher beings were playing a game with Kin and the bear and they were the only ones unaware of it.

"That's just ridiculous." Shaking his head of the strange thought he bit the bear again.

Who the heck is Reggie? Wait. Don't think I want to know.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 27, 2011, 03:02:37 pm »

Who the heck is Reggie? Wait. Don't think I want to know.
Don't worry, it's not that bad.

Reggie is a outrageously buff german character in Silent Storm. I learned of him in an LP. He has an interesting line when he gets hit (even by bullets) and takes little damage: "Feels like mosquito bite".

Anyway, 8 out of 9, waiting on the eater of elves.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 03:04:47 pm by Tarran »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 28, 2011, 04:35:00 pm »

Try to sneak away
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 136