Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210125 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 8: In which a 1 roll dooms the world to chaos.
« Reply #225 on: September 17, 2011, 11:50:04 pm »

Practise attacking things with my tail!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 9: A father's last breath. 2 incoming orphans.
« Reply #226 on: September 20, 2011, 02:16:02 am »

Sorry 'bout taking so long. Not updating while players post+Some days of laziness=Very late update.

Then again, I really don't see the other dragon RTDs updating. So I guess it's not too bad. (AKA *Nudge nudge to Dwarmin and micelus*)

Anyway, with a bunch of combat happening, I decided to work on the combat system more. Now, when things roll, the attacker will get bonuses if his/her attack dice - defence/dodge dice is more than:

+1-2: No bonus.
+3: +20% Dam.
+4: +50% Dam.
>=+5: +100% Dam.

Scientia glares, more angry at them managing to outwit her than about the treasure. "Fine. I'll get it."
GO to the treasure room and bring out about 4/5ths of it. Hide the rest so that if they check anyways, they can't see it.
You go to the treasure room, then hear your mother roaring. Ummm...

You go back and... mother is bleeding severely, with a pike in her chest and bolts and arrows all about her. She also has a cut wound on her neck...

OH NO!

Glare at mom in a not impressed at her skill at all way.
You glare at mother angrily. [Mother Int: 3]: She moves her hands around, but nothing happens. However, she seems to be a little more confident. Maybe she'll finally succeed.

You continue bleeding steadily.

-2 HP.

Wait! Why kill the man? What has he done wrong? Confused, temporarily break free of dragon instincts and attempt to convince father to let the man live.
[Cha: 2-1(distrusting), yeahno.]: Your words go on deaf ears.

Father is about to give the killing blow, until mother talks to father about getting food since she thinks that father is going out to get food. This somehow leads into a short argument as mother prefers cow while father prefers bear.

Mother, as a result, starts coming this way.

There's a lull in their attention towards you and the man. Additionally, mother may be easier to convince.

Samakhet listened to the man - Broma, if she remembered correctly - tale intently. The names meant little for her, but he seemed worried.

'Will you be in danger? Maybe you should come with me when I leave.'she asked curiously. The sooner she could leave the pathetic creature that was her mother, the better.

Samakhet asks the man the above and then heads out to explore the forest, together with him if he wants to come
"I'm just a priest. I'm in no more danger than I normally am going through Othem." He chuckles. "Thank you, but I don't need to leave. Because I live in Isrand, and Isrand's pretty strong."

You then leave for the forest, the man doesn't follow. The man then calls out to you after a few seconds. "Hey! Where are you going?"

Attempt to communicate with the human/look friendly.
All attempts to communicate fail. The man does not care.

Suddenly, him and his mount charge at your father. Father returns the favor. [Man Agi:6+1][Father Agi:1]: The lance hits your father.  [Man Str:6+1][Father Str:1]: The lance pierces his chest, but thankfully your father was so weak that instead of taking the blow like a wall he falls backwards. He's still SEVERELY hurt.

The man and his mount stop at the other end of the cave, turning around and pointing his lance at your father again. He hesitates, as he notices your father speaking to you. "Son... I'm sorry... it was all... my... fault... Listen... don't try to... get... revenge... life's too... short... to waste time on it... and die... Take... care of... your mother..."

The man then shouts out. "Litril, ready yourself for the afterlife!" He says. Father gets up... and says "I... believe I'm... ready..." and they charge again.

[Man Agi:4+1][Father Agi:5]: The next blows miss. They turn around and charge again. [Man Agi:6+1][Father Agi:3] [Man Str:4+1][Father Str:6] The lance cracks as your father charges with all his might... into the lance. The next seconds are like minutes. The lance goes right into your father as it splinters and shatters. The man lets go of the lance as your father falls to the ground. Your father breathes heavily, and you find yourself unable to resist running for him. Mother does the same. The man backs away to leave you to your weeping... All you feel right now is despair as father makes his last breaths... and dies.

Kin was furious over the failures and decided to go back to the more traditional ways of capturing preys. Charging.

Kin pulled up a few thorn bushes with his maw and charged the bear, using the thorns as a shield.
[Tou:5] Painfully, you bite down on several thorn bushes and charge the bear. [Str:6] Breaking free of the bushes ramming the bear head on. [Str:2][Bear Agi:2-1] You sure ran fast, but you put way too little effort into the actual impact. Still, the bear practically dodges into your thorns. [10+2/2 out of 1d10, 6 dam] Hurting it severely as thorns penetrate hide and your head cracks bones. You also groan in pain from the pain of thorns in your mouth stabbing your mouth.

The bear responds with another deadly swipe of it's paws. [Bear Agi:4-1][Agi:4]: You jump out of the way.

-1 HP from thrashing the thorns inside your mouth. Bear suffers 6 damage. See bear's new spoiler.

Anthramarux preens under the attention. All in all, a good day, no?

She decides the best thing to do while her mother is so happy is to try and prise more knowledge from her-who were those men? Why was the statue so important to them? What did she do to make them so mad? Could they actually have hurt her?

"I have no idea who those men were, I did not see them. The statue was likely of holy significance and they likely wanted it back. I knew I shouldn't have picked it up from a dead corpse... I didn't see them, so I do not know how dangerous they are."

(Mother and those men never saw eachother.)

Try to convince mom to fight them
[Cha:5-1(backed down earlier)]: You convince mother to fight them. (Great job, there's a 95% chance that you just sent mother to die and thus make you and your sister orphans.)

Mother roars, and the bowmen fire. [Bow1 Agi:1+1][Bow2 Agi:4+1][Xbow1 Agi:1+1][Xbow2 Agi:5+1] Vs [Mother Agi: 6, 2, 1, 3] Result: [-4, +3, +1, +3], Mother dodges one arrow, the next one enters her chest. Then, a bolt enters her tail, and... one enters her chest again. [3 of 1d6, +20% dam][8 of 1d8][6 of 1d8, +20% dam]=3+8+7 (18) Damage. Mother groans in pain. The one that entered her chest scraped a rib, the one that entered her tail went straight through and displaced many veins, and the second that hit her chest pierced her lung. Mother then swipes at the swordsman with her claws.

[Sword Agi:1+1][Mother Agi:3][+1 result] Mother hits him in the arm [3-1(Shield)-1(Armor) of 2d3] and does almost no damage. He swipes at mother [Sword Agi:4+1][Mother Agi:1][+4 result] hitting her in the neck, [3 of 2d6, +50% dam, 5 damage] but thankfully it's not a very severe wound. That doesn't mean much, though, because mother's already severely wounded by bolts and arrows.

The two pikemen charge [Pike1 Str:1+1][Pike2 Str:4+1] Vs [Mother Agi: 3, 2] (-1 and +3 bonus, one hits) One misses while the other stabs mother in the chest. [5 of 2d4, +20% dam, 6 damage] goring mother, hard.

Mother is at 5/40 HP.

Oh, and you gain +2 Charisma for convincing your mother to suicide. Congratz, you're going to be orphans. Literally nothing can save mother. ::)

Practise attacking things with my tail!
[Agi:5]: You swing your tail around a lot. Like a swordsman his sword.

If you had a target they would be full of bruises. And broken bones.

+2 agility.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elfeater: Nelar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hostiles: KineseN (click to show/hide)

Riiighht, I think that's everything. Let me know if I screwed anything up. Also let me know if the combat is a little confusing and needs to be cleared up a little more. I just don't feel like reviewing frankly.

Also, if you dislike how I balanced everything, tell me. I tried my best, but I'm not sure if everything is balanced.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 20, 2011, 02:23:53 am »

*nudges back*

Updating now! :D

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #228 on: September 20, 2011, 05:04:48 am »

"Ah, finally." Kin returned with a mighty bite before the bear had a chance to react.

Kin (double)claws bites the bear.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 05:44:03 am by KineseN »

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 20, 2011, 05:14:25 am »

Can't really claw with both hands. You need at least one to stand up, and if you stand up on your back legs you won't be able to reach the bear, let alone safely claw at the bear.

And even then, I wouldn't allow it due to it potentially being too powerful. 6d2 is EXTREMELY POWERFUL.

Speaking of which, I just realized that Elfeater/Dermonster's mother's clawing attack should've been 3d2, not 2d3. Oh well, doesn't matter, she's a goner anyway.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #230 on: September 20, 2011, 05:41:40 am »

Ah, I just took a better look on my real damage, and it was 3d2 and not 1d5 as I thought it was when I wrote my action. That's what I get when looking in the bears spoiler instead of mine.

Gonna change the swipes with a bite.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 20, 2011, 07:52:43 am »

What the hell elf.

Head back into the treasure room and hide anything particularly noteworthy, books and scrolls, magical artifacts and the like. Ignore gold.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 11:02:54 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 20, 2011, 09:27:40 am »

Anthramarux yawns...she curls against her mothers side and falls into the blissful sleep of the young.

Action: Sleep...and dream.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 20, 2011, 10:46:57 am »

Try to convince mother to spare the man's life!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 20, 2011, 11:37:46 am »

Semakhet returned back to the man, rolling her eyes.

'You don't want to go to the forest? What do you want to do, then?'

Do whatever the man wants to do
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 20, 2011, 01:17:59 pm »

Smile at mom to improve the confidence.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 20, 2011, 05:39:03 pm »

Think about dedicating my life to avenge my father. In the meantime, ferociously scratch the wall in rage.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 22, 2011, 12:56:30 am »

Grab the pprecious preciosu gold and flee
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 22, 2011, 01:36:03 am »

Elfeater, you are officially the best daughter in the world. First, you send your mother to die, then you leave her and your sister and run away with as much gold as you can carry...

Also, you cannot possibly carry all the gold. At best, you could get one small artifact or some tens of gold coins.

If Dermonster so wishes, I will reward you for your sins.

Though I'm definitely not pressuring him, I'm just saying in case he wants revenge... well...

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 23, 2011, 12:29:30 am »

Get A magic necklace and some gold then flee
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 136