Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210119 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 7: All yer gold. Four 3s. Wing disintegration.
« Reply #210 on: September 09, 2011, 05:26:12 am »

"RAAAGH!" It really hurt being clawed after Kin's change. He wanted to tend the wound right away but the situation didn't allow it and it was in a hard to reach spot anyway. Turning back to the bear Kin decided to see if he could use the new position to his advantage.

With the tree and widow maker now behind him, thorns to the right, a river behind the bear and the cliff to his left it didn't look much brighter than just a moment ago. Usually this would be the time were Kin would retreat but if his father wanted something he would have to comply.

Readying himself Kin took a more wide angled stance with his front paws and growled in a very low sound. He hoped it would intimidate the bear just a moment so he could jump up with his hind legs and kick the tree for another attempt in bringing down the widow maker and then run for the thorns.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 09, 2011, 07:09:54 pm »

Paws, claws, doesn't really matter to me.

Anyway, Tal and Elf are remaining.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 09, 2011, 11:02:08 pm »

Follow my moms lead. If she wants to fight fight if not don't
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 12, 2011, 12:43:18 am »

Ask mother for help flying, if I can't already. If I can, practice.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 8: In which a 1 roll dooms the world to chaos.
« Reply #214 on: September 13, 2011, 05:36:23 pm »

Sorry about taking so long. I can't blame it on anything, just my laziness.

Anyway, considering the other two dragon RTDs aren't updating, I figure I might as well start up the RTD again.

So, I just rolled up your locations. Here are the results:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Don't move, especially not my wings. Hope mom was just being a derp for a moment.
[Mother Int: 1. The RNG is going Trolololololol.]: Your mothe-AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

You wing disintegrates even further. The wing is left a (NOT LITERAL) skeleton, missing the between-parts skin, and the skin covering the main parts of your wing is gone. You could not fly that wing to save your life. At least it'll regrow. Though you're bleeding quite badly and are in a LOT of pain!

-5 HP.

Out-logic them into leaving.
Point out that even if they we're to kill us, at least one of them would go down with us. But who would it be? Maybe you, maybe you? Is your life worth your teammates getting just a bit of gold?
[Cha:5-4+2]: "Ye be thinking we didn't expect these risks." He says bluntly. He just shot you down without flinching. These are the kinds of guys who aren't worried about dying.

And you put everything you had into convincing him. However, you do feel like you almost convinced him. You just made a small mistake with your tone. You highly doubt you could repeat the attempt, though.

"Now, give us your damned gold before I loose my patience."

Suddenly, your mother starts backing away.

"Or, just stand back and let us through to your treasure room."

No stat changes.

Attempt to flap around some more, for practice and such. Also bite a few things.
[Str: 5][Agi: 3+1]: You do several loops in mid-air. Catching the eyes of your parents.

"Impressive." They both remark at the same time. They look at each-other for a few seconds afterwards.

[2-2]: Suddenly, 15 men appear at the doorway on horses. They are in blue clothes, with blue flags that have the symbol of a river and lion. "Litril, you despicable dragon, you're going to pay for accepting that bribe from Grathos!" He says, pointing a large lance straight towards your father.

You mother chips in randomly. "Oh who do you happen to be?"

The man responds. "We are knights from the kingdom of Rihosis. We are here for him." He jabs his lance in the direction of your father. "He attempted a murder of Darandeer, Heir To The Throne of Rihosis, accepting payment from Grathos. We will go for nothing less than blood for a capital offense of attempted murder at Darandeer and murder of three of his guards!"

"As long as you leave my son and my wife out of this." Your father responds. "They had nothing to do with this."

"Very well, we will not lay a finger on them as long as they stay out of this." He then gestures to his followers. They step by to the side. "I would like to battle you, sir dragon, on equal terms. They say you're much more deadly than you look."

You father responds, and stands in front of the man. "Very well. I won't get any rewards for winning, will I?"

"No, either way, your death is wanted by hundreds of thousands. Killing me will only be a small, temporary achievement. My men are at least as good as I, and are fourteen times as numerous."

+2 Strength and Agility for practicing your wings.

Oh, they were getting closer! Why wasn't mother moving away? Let them take the stupid statue, already-they could get more!

Oh, this was bad...really bad!

Action:Anthramarux tries to convince her mother one last time to run down a side passage and avoid confrontation-perhaps trying to appeal to her intellect? It would better if she fought these men during a time and place of her own choosing, rather than fight against an uneven ambush, she slyly insists.

Anthrmarux then decides it would best to give the statue to these cretins directly-she pushes it out toward them, and hopefully they take it, threaten her, and then leave. Run away if they chase me-or just climb up to the ceiling.

Failing that, curl up in a dark corner and cover my face with my wings, and cry, waiting for it to all end.

((Actually, they were going away. What part of "You hear footsteps in the distance, going away." do you not understandz?))

You try to convince your mother to run away. She understands what you ask, but asks about you. You lie about following her in a minute as she goes down a passageway (how else could you convince your mother to not intervene?).

You run to the men, statue in your mouth. One on the left speaks. "...What?" The one on the right responds. "THE STATUE! The creature has it." "How did it know we wanted it?" The one on the right pulls off his helmet, revealing a mid-aged white skinned man with blond hair. He looks at his helmet. "He must have seen the statue and then realized our helms have the same type of wing." "Here, little one. Give us the statue please."

You drop your statue, and look at them. They pick up the statue and stand around. The left one looks at you. "So... where's your mother?" You [Cha: 6+1]: Insist that you have no idea. They completely buy it. [Mother Int: 5+1]: All is silent for five minutes. The right one speaks out. "Ah, whatever, we came here for the statue and not the foul creature." The one on the left then talks to you as the one on the right starts leaving. "Sorry about the fuss little one, blame ye mother." He then leaves with his friend and statue. [2, nothing happens afterwards. Meh, you could've gotten something nice out of this since these were two nice-ish guys].

Your mother then rushes over to you. At a loss for words. She just licks and kisses you.

Your sly actions give you +2 Intelligence and +3 Charisma for that perfect lie.

Inquire to fatherly figure about rock. Just what could this be? Is it magic?
You walk over to your father and ask him about the rock.

"My god. That is the BIGGEST Diamond I have ever seen in my life. This thing is worth THOUSANDS of gold coins! ((Do note that in this age, each integer is worth much more than a dollar is worth today.)) I can't believe this was just sitting at our doorstep. I didn't see this five seconds-" Suddenly, blood drops from above. A human in metal armor is unconscious and laying on the ground above, bleeding. Near him is a flag, golden with a amber-colored Eagle on the top right quarter. Bottom right is the image of a green bear. The left of the flag is three horizontal stripes stacked on top of each-other. The top and bottom are yellow, the middle is amber.

Father looks at him. He looks like he wishes to strike a finishing blow to the wounded man.

Thank man for gift and ask him what's been happening in the outside world
[1, you'd better be happy, you just screwed up the world]: "The world is in chaos. While it may seem the same on the outside, it's heating up very fast internally.

The Kingdom of Axlehand and the Kingdom of Gridhard are readying for warring once more, this time once and for all.

The people of the Kingdom of Rihosis are sick and tired of failed diplomacy and are all ready for a all-out vengeance war of complete conquest against the Kingdom of Grathos. The Kingdom of Grathos says it will not return Rihosis' cities, and they are also readying for war.

The Merchant Republic of Isrand is appalled by the Caliphate of Hiatar's almost blatant declaration of war by sending an army into their territory to attack one of their cities, which is the result of Jamos of Dreta, the leader of Isrand's city of Dreta, sending a dragon to assassinate a prince of Grathos. Currently, the army is besieging the city. If diplomacy doesn't rule the day, there's no stopping the war.

The Kingdom of Iberia is tired of the raids to their north by the Province of Kobland, and have marched armies into the desert to defend their territories. Any more sparks, and the mere guarding will turn into an attempt at extermination of the Kobold race.

The Sarduk Triumvirate and The Helten Empire are sick and tired of each-other and are actively skirmishing at the border. All out war is almost unavoidable.

The City of Sharoon and Solari Federation's situation has deteriorated. What once started as a demand for the scrolls in a disputed-ownership vault has unexpectedly heated up and both sides are throwing very severe insults. These insults are sometimes physical...

Othem has alienated itself by the burning of multiple temples in recent months. This has angered The Helten Empire, the Kingdom of Rihosis, The Merchant Republic of Isrand (who practices free religion), and the Kingdom of Iberia. As a result, many zealots from said nations have caused havoc in Othem.

And The Western Alliance has grown very weary of the Kingdom of Iberia's armies nearing their lands...

Basically, all out war is a definite possibility. I suggest that when you grow up, you leave Othem, the land we currently are in. It's not safe, because Othem is alienated from everyone, and will likely be a punching bag soon."

Sounds bad...

"RAAAGH!" It really hurt being clawed after Kin's change. He wanted to tend the wound right away but the situation didn't allow it and it was in a hard to reach spot anyway. Turning back to the bear Kin decided to see if he could use the new position to his advantage.

With the tree and widow maker now behind him, thorns to the right, a river behind the bear and the cliff to his left it didn't look much brighter than just a moment ago. Usually this would be the time were Kin would retreat but if his father wanted something he would have to comply.

Readying himself Kin took a more wide angled stance with his front paws and growled in a very low sound. He hoped it would intimidate the bear just a moment so he could jump up with his hind legs and kick the tree for another attempt in bringing down the widow maker and then run for the thorns.
[Intim: 2]: Your attempt to scare the bear is fruitless. He knows you're not as strong as you try to make yourself look. Regardless, you attempt to smack the tree. [Str: 6]: Somehow you smack it so hard it starts falling. In your and the bear's direction... [Agi: 5][Bear Agi: 5-1]: Both you and the bear escape the tree. You manage to run fast enough to dash for the thorns. [Agi: 6]: Running straight into them. On the bright side, the bear doesn't seem to want to follow you. On the down side, you've got thorns in uncomfortable places. The bear eyes you, looking for your next move.

For that great amount of rolls, +2 Strength and +5 Agility. -1 HP, though, for the thorns.

Follow my moms lead. If she wants to fight fight if not don't
[Mother bravery:1+1(vain)]: Mother backs away from the entrance to the treasure room. She's caving.

You follow her lead and back away.

Ask mother for help flying, if I can't already. If I can, practice.
You attempt to fly. [Str: 4][Agi: 1]: You try really hard to fly...

But you strain several muscles. You stop to prevent any more damage. You cry a little...

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elfeater: Nelar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)

Right, I'm gonna just post this now instead of overlooking it a second time. Tell me if anything looks strange or is blatantly wrong.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 13, 2011, 05:46:37 pm »

Scientia glares, more angry at them managing to outwit her than about the treasure. "Fine. I'll get it."
GO to the treasure room and bring out about 4/5ths of it. Hide the rest so that if they check anyways, they can't see it.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 13, 2011, 06:19:22 pm »

* Aklyon pokes the RNG annoyedly.
Glare at mom in a not impressed at her skill at all way.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 06:36:23 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 13, 2011, 06:29:20 pm »

Wait! Why kill the man? What has he done wrong? Confused, temporarily break free of dragon instincts and attempt to convince father to let the man live.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 14, 2011, 04:35:56 am »

Aww yesh, go me!

Samakhet listened to the man - Broma, if she remembered correctly - tale intently. The names meant little for her, but he seemed worried.

'Will you be in danger? Maybe you should come with me when I leave.'she asked curiously. The sooner she could leave the pathetic creature that was her mother, the better.

Samakhet asks the man the above and then heads out to explore the forest, together with him if he wants to come

((Do you have a name for the man or should I think one up?))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 14, 2011, 04:38:37 am »

Think up the name if you want.

I've got no name for him: He's an unimportant dot in a universe of bigger dots, if you know what I mean.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 14, 2011, 07:07:23 am »

Attempt to communicate with the human/look friendly.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #221 on: September 16, 2011, 01:46:02 am »

Kin was furious over the failures and decided to go back to the more traditional ways of capturing preys. Charging.

Kin pulled up a few thorn bushes with his maw and charged the bear, using the thorns as a shield.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 16, 2011, 10:32:53 pm »

Dwarmin, Talarion, Elfeater, I know you've been active recently. So why aren't you posting your actions?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 17, 2011, 10:09:31 pm »

((I guess I couldn't think of anything to do, and it slipped my mind. Sorreh))

Anthramarux preens under the attention. All in all, a good day, no?

She decides the best thing to do while her mother is so happy is to try and prise more knowledge from her-who were those men? Why was the statue so important to them? What did she do to make them so mad? Could they actually have hurt her?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 17, 2011, 11:37:41 pm »

Try to convince mom to fight them
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 136