Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210038 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 1: Here be a baby dragon (x9).
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2011, 11:04:18 pm »

Try to learn good movement skills.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:08:00 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 1: Here be a baby dragon (x9).
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2011, 11:07:05 pm »

Bold your actions, please. I said it in the rules.

Anyway, I've been working on the turn for a while and it should be very very near completion. Let me say it right now: It's a pretty damn boring one with all the 2s and 3s so don't get too excited.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 2: Boring (x5). Yay (x2). OH GOD (x2).
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2011, 01:58:28 am »

In which five people have average luck, and two people stole two other people's luck.

Talk to mother and learn
[3]: You walk over to mother. She is busy sorting out the gold.

"Don't you want to play with your sister?" Your mother says. You bubble your mouth in response.

"Go on, go, go. You two should play with each-other." She nudges you back towards your sister.

A couple of gold coins fall out of your mother's hand after she stops pushing and land on the ground next to you.

No attribute growth this turn. But, you get to have your first taste of real gold. Which has a decent chance of changing stats depending on how you react to it.

Kin took a look around the cave, still confused about the new enviroment. It was nothing like his comfty home.

Kin started to search the cave for something of interest, like something to read or play with. What lies around here and what was mother drake up to.
[2]: You look all around your cave. And, like in the movies, you come so close to finding something interesting... and then miss it. Multiple times.

This continues until you tire yourself out. Baby dragons have energy but not unlimited energy.

You miss your home. There's nothing interesting in here. At least at home you had... egg white.

No stat growth.

Varkonis was.. confused. There was pain, along his underside, and on his head. It was bright, unfamiliar, confusing and so terribly.. terrifying. The first thing on his agenda was food.. but every time he moved, short lances of pain danced along his body, causing cries of anguish to push themselves past his lips.

Get food without horribly maiming self even more.
[3]: You limp slowly, looking around for food. The only thing you can eat is... that creature.

You are getting more hungry.

Eating the human or not will greatly change stats and greatly effect future relations with humans (eating the human will give you a taste for them). You won't starve as your mother will eventually get up, but your character doesn't know that.

Find some small animal to eat, but don't stray too far from home
[5]: You stumble outside, in pain. Limping, you look for some small food. You find something bigger.

"Whoa! Oh, oh, you scared me there, little guy." The creature pets your head. "Oh my, are you hurt? Did that big dragon hurt you?"

You look at him, innocent eyed. Also confused.

"I was walking on the pilgrimage and all of a sudden a big, huge dragon flew by me and into the general direction of your cave."

You say nothing, but stare at him, desperate for food.

"Oh, you're hungry! Here, I know you dragons have a little trouble with vegetables, but it's all I've got. Nature god and all." He holds out a carrot. You have an instinct that tells you not to eat it as it's a vegetable, but your hunger overpowers it. And you eat it.

You try for more. "Heh heh heh, cute little guy you are. Here, have two more. Then that's it, since I need some for myself!" He hands you two more carrots. You eat them quickly, being driven by hunger... and mild like for the creature.

"Alright, well, let's get back to your mother." He leads you back into the cave. "Is she breathing? ...Yes it appears she's still alive. So here's where we part little one. I have one more thing for you. I'm sure you'll look at it for granted later in your life, but it will protect you from the horrible monsters there are in this world." He hands you a gold amulet and puts it around your neck. He then leaves

No stat gains, but you gain a nice amulet. The secret of it is going straight to a text file. You may or may not have preferred stats to the amulet, but I felt like doing something other than stats.

Oh, and fame bonus, since the man will talk about you in the future.

Also, you aren't hungry anymore. But do have small digestion problems.

Try to learn how to walk around from Eluuvian. Why were there two large dragons? Where did that strike come from? It hurts...
It hurts. It hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts... It hurts.

[2]: You stumble and fumble, but you can't for the life of you learn how to walk much better than your stumble-walk. The creature looks at you, both unimpressed, internally laughing, adoring you, proud of you for trying, and looking down on you at the same time.

"Little one, you aren't ready yet. Gather your strength for when you are ready."

No stat gains. But at least you showed your father that you're willing to try.

Anthramarux doesn't want to leave. The egg was warm and safe...now it was cold, and there many things that didn't make sense anymore. Still, her mind began to slowly work out things, not unlike how a young child would begin to undo a tangled knot.

Begin to get a sense of where I am
[3] You wander a little. You're in some kind of... larger egg. It's cold and much rougher on your feet, though. Oh, and it's not filled with food.

And the large creature is counting some shiny things.

You don't learn much about it, though. No stats.

Curious as to what those strange creatures were, Scientia tries to imitate the sounds they made.
Try to imitate the strange creatures speech.
[6]: "M-mum."

"Did... you say something?" The large creature responds.

"Mum."

The large creature rushes over to you. "Keep on. Mum."

"Mum. C-com-come."

The creature looks very happy. "Go on, dear! Ma ma."

"Mu mu."

The large creature laughs. "You've got some potential lying ahead, little one. Play with your sister now."

That great roll at a very good time results in a boost of 5 Charisma and 10 Intelligence. Your charisma and intelligence are now absurdly high due to practice at an EXTREMELY young age.

Cevitil stumbled around his new... home, was it? It was certainly a good bit larger than his first home, and mostly taken up by the huge blue mass. Cevitil looked up at the blue mountain hopefully.

Attempt to learn rudimentary movement skills from the blue dragon.
[1 oh my]: You follow the blue creature while it goes somewhere, trying to learn how to walk. It comes easily, but it's clumsy despite your best eff-

-WHAT THE-

[6]: You stumble down a random small tunnel to the left, not noticing the sudden drop from the wall. The blue creature screams in surprise. Fortunately you manage to avoid getting hurt at the abrupt bottom of the tunnel. The tunnel is very small, and it's basically a dead of a stick shape where you are right now.

Unfortunately the big creature is too large to get down to help you! "HOLD ON! HOLD ON! I'll think of something! Don't move!" You don't understand her. But you can tell she's extremely panicked.

Oh dear.

No stat gains or losses since you got a good roll at avoiding being hurt. You're in trouble, though, since it will be hell to get back up

Try to learn good movement skills.
[1 really RNG?]: You attempt to learn how to walk.

You walk next to a sharp drop. And, before you can walk back to safety, your legs give in to your clumsiness and you fall.

[2 oh no...]: You feel a dagger of pain as you hear a sickening crunch on your back-right leg--it took the brunt of your fall. You scream in pain.

"Son! SON! Where are you?!" Your screams don't seem to be loud enough. [6]: But your mother can almost sense where you are.

She comes down and brings you back to safety. The end result still isn't very pretty. But it could've been much, MUCH worse.

"Please, don't move, rest. I did not give birth to let you die." She gently pushes you into the ground while you're on the ground, hoping you understand. She then goes away, out of the cave, for some reason.

-5 toughness, -5 agility, -8 HP.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elfeater: Nelar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 02:26:01 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2011, 02:15:36 am »

Oh man oh boy... Path of the evil or path of the good. I honestly don't know which to g- Who am I kidding? I'm a frickin dragon. I was born to be an evil badass...

Eat the creature. I'm hungry.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2011, 02:16:03 am »

Anthramarux was intrigued by the shiny things. They sure seemed important to large creature...she wondered why? Out of curiosity, Anthramarux wandered over to the pile of shiny things, and began mimicking her mothers counting and sorting-she doesn't know how to count exactly yet, but she can act as if she is. This is fun!

Watch the Large Creature carefully. Mimic what she does with the shiny things, on a smaller scale of course.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2011, 02:18:57 am »

Snatch a coin then go kill a rat
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2011, 02:24:33 am »

Oh, I just realized: I should've given Digital a Fame bonus. Since, well, the traveling guy would've talked about his encounter.

So someone has his first Fame! The crowd goes wild!

Oh man oh boy... Path of the evil or path of the good. I honestly don't know which to g- Who am I kidding? I'm a frickin dragon. I was born to be an evil badass...

Eat the creature. I'm hungry.
Welp, say goodbye to ever talking to humans without eying them. :P

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2011, 03:19:05 am »

I can pass it off as... thinking them beautiful! (To eat... I mean, ermm... what?)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2011, 03:29:57 am »

Feeling tired Kin lied down and coiled his tail around himself. While it wasn't like his old home he felt more secure. It didn't last long until something nagged him in the back of his head and he stood up again.

"Where is mother drake?" he wondered and started walking out the cave, searching outside for her to learn more of the nature around the cave.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2011, 07:22:39 am »

Nuvian, suffice to say, was not impressed with herself. If she's not going to float in her egg any more, she has to learn how to walk! Gather my strength and do something simpler: stand up on my hind legs (for a moment, anyways)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2011, 07:59:29 am »

Her stomach full, if feeling somewhat strange, Semakhet turned her attention to more important things. Namely, treasure hunting!

Semakhet looks around for anything shiny
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2011, 08:20:08 am »

Scientia eyes the other dragon, and grins.
Run around the slightly younger dragon and nip at her.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2011, 08:56:55 am »

Cevitil gave a loud whine as he looked up the narrow hole that he had fallen into. Attempting to crawl out of the shaft several times and failing, Cevitil gives a frustrated snort and attempts to climb out with a burst of energy.

Attempt to climb out of the hole, utilizing my superior agility.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2011, 02:49:02 pm »

Public announcement: I made a mistake. *GASP* Thanks to Dwarmin for unexpectedly reminding me.

I haven't been factoring stats into rolls. At all. Which made them pointless.

From now on, I will factor stats. As a result, I'll likely stop giving them away like candy.

Anyway, waiting on Aklyon and... Aklyon.

Wow you guys were fast in posting your actions.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2011, 04:37:34 pm »

AKLYON!

:|

Whatever, while we're waiting, I'll let you guys throw around ideas for nations since one person can only think up so many.

Here's the sheet:

Spoiler: ((PUT NAME *HERE*)) (click to show/hide)

Here's an incomplete example. Do note that I've already got 3 countries planned, so I'm allowed to use non-X names. You are not allowed to use the names of the kingdoms in the example, as you do not have the map of the world. I do.

Now, get sparking the tensions guys.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 04:50:09 pm by Tarran »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 136