Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210078 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Starting.
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 01:15:45 am »

Yeah, I know what you mean. One of the reasons having a fairly high-fatality game can be good- it keeps fresh blood flowing in.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 01:16:47 am »

Yeah, I know what you mean. One of the reasons having a fairly high-fatality game can be good- it keeps fresh blood flowing in.
*face palm* arg the puns
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2011, 01:19:32 am »

Hehe, that was totally unintentional. I'll take it, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2011, 01:29:17 am »

That said, I'll take a spot on the waitlist here if I didn't make it clear before. Just not a big fan of waitlists for games, because I know it can be a long time before anything changes. I've been on the waitlist for Multiworld Madness for about 3 years now... and not even close to being in the game.
3 years? Jeez. Yeah, sometimes the waiting list takes an awful amount of time.

However, this RTD will be brutal to those who underestimate their foes, or who do something stupid. So you have a chance.

Added to the waiting list.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2011, 01:33:27 am »

My dislike for waitlists is the reason my crafting game design has it set up for 'cycles' That way, people can play, and keep playing, but still letting new blood have a chance if they wish it.

Anyway, *Gets out the pompoms* "ok! Give me a D, E, A, T, H... what does that spell... well you know, start dying so I can play."
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2011, 03:34:20 am »

Argh, why is everyone taking so long! I want to start, or at least start writing some of the player's beginnings, but 1: 5/9 players haven't posted, and 2: 2 of the posted player are working on their parents (Aklyon, Dermonster). *Sigh*, while I'm waiting, I'll preemptively roll.

*Rolls*...

So, 4 birth rolls and 4 father rolls for currently ready players. The results:

Mother/Birth: two 5s (lucky!), one 6, and... oh dear. one 1. So, two players are going to get lots of bonus stats, one will get bonus stats--at the cost of another stat--and one will loose a lot of stats in a very traumatizing birth. Oh my...

Father: one 4, two 3s, and one 2. That means one player will get to see their father once, gaining stat bonuses, two will have non-interested fathers, and one will have a dead father. :(

Thankfully, the one who got a 1 on birth didn't get a 2 on father. So it's at least not that bad of a birth. Still pretty bad.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2011, 04:33:50 am »

Name: Varkonis
Body: Select your body. See spoiler above.
  Head: Rough
  Horns: Frontal Horns
  Claws: Normal Claws
  Scale Color: Gray
  Body length: Standard
  Spine stiffness: Standard
  Tail: Blade End
  Breath: Breathless
Stats:
  Strength: 50+20-10
  Agility: 50+10-5
  Intelligence: 60-5
  Toughness: 50+25
  Charisma: 60+5-15
Roleplaying:
  Personality: Honorable, Intelligent Dragon. His goal is to hoard knowledge of everything; especially magic; and share it only with those he deems worthy. He is also an excellent warrior; a hybrid of his parents
  Mother background: Similar to him, Varkonis' mother wants knowledge
  Father background: Varkonis' Father was a warrior; he was known as a.. Neutral Dragon, taking challenges to fight from anyone who would.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2011, 04:36:43 am »

Yaaaaaay!

And you have complete parents thus I can preemptively make your biiirrrrthhhh.

Hopefully you won't get a onnnneeeeee!

Okay, I'll stop doing that. I'm just a bit loopy from being tired.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2011, 04:37:02 am »

Name: Kin the Passive
Body:
  Head: Standard
  Horns: Small
  Claws: Normal
  Scale Color: Iridecent (basically Chromatic but without pros and flaws, uncommon and usually associated with lightning dragons)
  Body length: Standard
  Spine stiffness: Standard
  Tail: Blade end (+5 agi, -10 str, +5 tim, +5 dmg)
  Breath: Sonic (1d10 dmg large, 1d20 dmg small)
Stats:
  Strength: 50 + (+10 male, -10 Blade end) = 50
  Agility: 50 + (-5 male, +5 Blade end, +10 bonus) = 60
  Intelligence: 50 + (- 5 male, +10 bonus) = 55
  Toughness: 50 + (+10 male) = 60
  Charisma: 50 + (-5 male) = 45
Damage:
  Claws: 3d2
  Mouth: 1d12
  Tail: 2d5 (+5 Blade end)
  Ramming: Depends on situation

Dragonality Traits: Indecisive, stubborn, unfocused, freedom given to others, devoted.
Mother background: Aggressive, territorial, selfish. Terranizaia, black dragon.
Father background: Greedy, brutal. Algorm, red dragon.

I vote for Tensions.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:52:09 am by KineseN »

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2011, 05:05:25 am »

Ill jump on the bandwagon and go with Tensions too, I guess.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2011, 05:08:56 am »

waitinglist wile i read the rest

damn it's 3 pages before i even see it
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2011, 05:14:27 am »

Ill jump on the bandwagon and go with Tensions too, I guess.
That's 5 votes for Tensions, I believe. Majority vote, but I'll wait for one more.

waitinglist wile i read the rest

damn it's 3 pages before i even see it
Waitlisted. Sorry that you didn't get in, everyone and their grandmothers reserved in the Roller's Block thread. Blame them.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2011, 06:16:14 am »

waitlist
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2011, 06:22:22 am »

WAITLIST ME! :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2011, 06:46:52 am »

Waitli- wait a minute... I'm in the game already ^^

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 136