Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210114 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Starting.
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 12:21:06 am »

Voting for tension.

Dragon time!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:24:44 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 12:22:25 am »

edited my Dragon in, Tarran.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 12:28:51 am »

I really wish someone else would also start a similar game. I can't really play my own game. :(
I could in theory, but I'm plotting a different game and days late on updating my current one. ::)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 12:29:58 am »

Tensions 3.
Perfect Earth 1.

Player characters: 4/9.

Estimated time to game start: After Elfeater dies of boredom.

I really wish someone else would also start a similar game. I can't really play my own game. :(
I could in theory, but I'm plotting a different game and days late on updating my current one. ::)
STOP PLOTTING AND UPDATE YOUR GAME NOW >:(

:P
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:37:23 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 12:33:11 am »

Yeah sorry bout earlier but don't be a dick about it I apologized okay?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 12:34:22 am »

Name: Semakhet
Body:
  Head: Rough
  Horns: No Horns
  Claws: Normal Claws
  Scale Color: Gold
  Body length: Very Long
  Spine stiffness: Loose
  Tail: Standard
  Breath: Sonic
Stats: All non-red. REMEMBER TO FACTOR IN YOUR GENDER AND BODY PARTS PLEASE. And remember to add a plus or minus so I can quickly tell that you are getting it from your body part or gender. Each stat starts at 50 with 20 bonus points. So in total you have 270 points.
  Strength: 45 (-5)
  Agility: 60 (+5)
  Intelligence: 60 (+5)
  Toughness: 40 (-10)
  Charisma: 75 (+15)
Roleplaying:
  Personality: Short-tempered and emotion-driven, Semakhet rarely thinks before acting. She is quick to anger and keeps abruptly changing her mind.
  Mother background: Faladut, Semakhet's mother is physically and mentally a weakling, only desired for her golden scales.
  Father background: In stark contrast, Semakhet's father Tsaldos is a skilled black dragon, a master hunter and combatant, despite his lack of a breath 
  weapon.

@Stats; the number after the stat is the total bonus/penalty from gender and body parts. For example, I get a +10 Toughness from a Very Long body, but lose -15 from a Loose spine and -5 from Female, bringing it to -10.

And I vote for a Tensions Scenario.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 12:36:13 am »

Yeah sorry bout earlier but don't be a dick about it I apologized okay?
Hey, I'm not hate insulting you, I'm just jokingly insulting you. :P

Stuff
Hooray, 4/9 players.

And 3/4 of them are females.

This is amazing, usually RTDs have a huge majority of male characters. :o
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 12:36:26 am »

All these women... Are there any male dragons?
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 12:37:43 am »

All these women... Are there any male dragons?
*points*
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 12:39:01 am »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 12:47:29 am »

You certainly have plenty of prospects. :P
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:49:52 am by Tarran »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 12:50:10 am »

Oh goddamn it I didn't know I had to do that.

Let me think something up.

Edit: You edited that quickly. Too bad I viewed it quicker.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:51:57 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 12:52:29 am »

If anyone wonders what Dermonster is talking about when it looks like I didn't say anything, I edited it out. I was talking about mother names and not starting with other players. So he is not talking into thin air like a crazy person. :P

Anyway, you don't have to do that, but having a name allows other players to be born with you or if you pick another's mother you will be born with them.

Edit: Edit wars!

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 01:00:09 am »

Oh I thought it was something else...

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 01:09:15 am »

I'd run my own version, but I have two other forum games. And the last time I tried to run a RTD, it died pretty quickly due to GM lazyness.

That said, I'll take a spot on the waitlist here if I didn't make it clear before. Just not a big fan of waitlists for games, because I know it can be a long time before anything changes. I've been on the waitlist for Multiworld Madness for about 3 years now... and not even close to being in the game.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 136