Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210273 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 20: All grown up.
« Reply #465 on: November 16, 2011, 10:52:26 pm »

@ninja Draignean: I distinctly remember it being 'e's, my good sir. :P

Oh yes, you're quite right. I've written his name so many times now it takes conscious effort to get it wrong. Still, his adventures have to be transcredible.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 16, 2011, 10:54:54 pm »

Point taken. *nods*
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 16, 2011, 10:56:23 pm »

No need to reference me. ^^^
No, really, it's quite fine. It doesn't hurt me to reference you. Considering your name, it'll likely be a trainer lecturing someone. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 16, 2011, 11:09:24 pm »

Probably better to base it on my name than my general out-of-character personality, I think. Unless friendly, practical-joke-loving trolls exist in this RTD... :P

I shouldn't forget 'well-meaning' in that description either. I'm like Nepeta if she was a dude and actually existed. And was more concerned with joking around with her friends than shipping. ^^^ Anyway, tried a dragon edit, looked like crap. I'll see if maybe I can find a good face of a dragon later instead of a full-body thing.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 11:47:42 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 16, 2011, 11:44:23 pm »

A jerk? I was killed whilst having double his HP and being stronger (I think) than him, and how ocould he have figurerd it all out with an arrow in his head?
 But yeah, you will suffer when you accidently raise my body for your dabling in magic (DO IT!)
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 16, 2011, 11:46:38 pm »

I just had a timeskip thing and your body was thrown outside.

While I (hopefully) do get around to becoming the most powerful dragoness... mage? in the world, sibling necromancy isn't going to be a part in that.

Regular necromancy, maybe.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 16, 2011, 11:54:07 pm »

A jerk? I was killed whilst having double his HP and being stronger (I think) than him,
Not exactly anyone's fault, really. The RNG gave him a 6 on his item search. Even if there wasn't a +1 for him, it still would have been something very strong. In addition, he got very good rolls while you got horrible ones if I recall correctly. And even after that, you could have tried to run.

and how ocould he have figurerd it all out with an arrow in his head?
To be fair he had an int of 85, which is pretty damn smart. Though yes, I did find it a little strange that he could figure it out.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 16, 2011, 11:56:56 pm »

To be fair, it doesn't take an int of 85 to figure out 'pointy bit goes that-a-way.'

Also gods were on my side during that whole sequence. I heard them, matter of fact. Or hallucinations due to skull arrow, but I prefer the heard them thing.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 17, 2011, 12:00:40 am »

The gods were not helping you in any way besides the +1 and -1 bonuses/penalties from the status. It was just a sort of roleplaying or something. Your rolls were not influenced at all by them.

And yes, I am confirming that you did hear them. Though there likely won't be any interesting stuff as a result of that without, say, getting multiple good rolls again and again and/or you becoming one of their followers and turning out to be a rather good one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 17, 2011, 01:13:40 am »

Search through the darkness for anything interesting. Especially knowledge or magic, however...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 17, 2011, 03:08:01 am »

Tell Mother that I'm leaving to find my own home. Then... well, leave. Fly away and try to avoid anything that looks or seems dangerous to me, looking for a cave to call my own.

In other words, I'm throwing myself to the Wolves. I plan to eat all the Wolves :3
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #476 on: November 17, 2011, 04:59:24 am »

Do you mean this D:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If it is then it's no wonder I missed it. On my screen it looks like grayish purple.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 17, 2011, 05:06:17 am »

Yes, it is that D.

To be fair, it is a little purple. As I mentioned MS paint said it had some purple. And bright colors are hard to distinguish.

But it's still got, say, a 4:1 ratio of blue to purple. And you should have easily been able to figure that I consider that light blue, since the order goes from top to bottom, then left to right.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 17, 2011, 11:35:22 am »

Visit this nearby town, being careful not to act in a hostile manner in any way
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 17, 2011, 01:13:00 pm »

Anthramarux knew her Mother was protective of her, but this was getting ridiculous!

It had been a goodly amount of years since that day trapped in her Mothers overloving grip, and Anthramrux had spent most of it in silent contemplation-or trying to sneak out, and getting caught and brought back into the cave by her tail, no matter how far she eventually got. Well, Mother was asleep for now...

She packed up her special bracelet in a cloth bag around her wrist-an item she had become intimately familiar with over the years. Nearly every crack of this cave had been explored...so, she needed to see the world now. She crept out-as silent as a Dragon like her could be, anyway.

She supposed she might look for some Humans-they could be violent, naturally, but they could also be rational-she remembered how the ones who had the cave had been more or less diplomatic toward her...but, thing were different now Anthramarux recalled one of her explorations a few years back, where she had lifted a cart off of a farmer to help him, and he had ran off screaming...all she had wanted was to do was talk...and maybe eat him afterwards, but she couldn't be blamed for that!

When she had approached the small town to apologize-oh, she was so naive back then...-someone had shot a little twig at her that mildly stung. Mother called it an 'arrow', and had kept her cooped up in the cave for a month afterwards. From the books of lore she read, apparently, many Dragons had died from arrow wounds striking them in unlucky places shot by Heroic Warrior Humans.

As she lifted off from the cave, she regretted not training her body more when she was young...it was annoying to be so out of shape, and unbecoming of her Draconish figure. She would change that, soon enough.

Action: Anthramarux flies out of the cave and starts exploring the land around her. She looks for Human settlements, naturally-keeping at safe height to avoid those annoying archers.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 01:16:00 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 136