Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211068 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

> Unsheath tail blade then turn around 360 degrees to try to look at my tail, which I realized that I haven't look at earlier. Then sit with my tail on my right.

This creature. It looked very majestic in the light, friendly maybe? Noraiah wasn't sure. If she could only manage to communicate with it somehow...

> Lie prone and look upwards at the creature's...face?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Hm... Earth magic sounds interesting. I believe I would like to observe that one."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Okay, Lord Allagon hasn't been active at all for 15 days, he's being kicked. Draignean is getting in next turn. PMing him for his character.

Repulsion has hit his PM limit. I will no longer PM him after this PM when he misses his action until he gets three actions on-time.

And finally, it's time for the main turn.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

Kin thought for a moment. He had this crazy idea that if he could help them dig all the marble he in turn would be 'paid' with precious material. He tried his best charming voice.

*Cough* "Maybe I can help you dig the marble. I'm sure I could do more work in the same span of time three of your best diggers can. And in turn you could 'pay' with some precious material?"

If the man accept, Kin starts working, if he does not Kin flies back towards the city wall cautiously. he does not want to become a pincushion.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Get the goblet out of the cave
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile

'Is there anything in there? Do my parents know about it?' thought Jaydenhal.

Jaydenhal would look inside the room from where he was, and then go ask his parents about the room.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 48: Assassins, Poison, Surrounded, and a Cult.
« Reply #1671 on: June 04, 2012, 07:02:40 pm »

Err, oops. Another one of those times I neglected the RTD far too long. Sorry!

Also on an unrelated note, I changed the description for the bladed tail. Back whenever many months ago that I added it, I didn't actually look up what "switchblade" meant like an idiot. Originally, I had thought of it as just a blade stuck out. But the definition of "switchblade" conflicts with that. And, personally, I don't really like that. So I'm changing it because my opinions are all that matters obviously. There will be no functional changes, but no more using it like a pocket knife. Not like anyone used it like a pocket knife anyway. Well, except for Tiruin this turn. But he doesn't matter. :P

Speaking of bladed tails, one thing I've noticed is that there's a large preference to the bladed tail and none or almost none for the mace or standard tail. I really, really should have emphasized that body creation should have been decently focused on roleplaying rather than power. That's alright, I'll make sure that bladed tails dull a lot. :P

...Okay, I'm done rambling.

Also, as 6/10 players are now less than teen, I'll be removing Godly Protection at Child now, not Teen.

Now, that's about everything. Time for the actual turn.

"You have... wait... erm, nevermind ill just take a nap over there"  hope i feel better when i wake up
You go to sleep, still poisoned.

[1+2][1+2][4+2][5+2]

Damage: [3][5][4+1][4] ((Wow, you're freaking lucky.))

Your soul nearly leaves your nearly dead body as your body struggles to recover from the poison. You wake up feeling horrible and weak, and very faint. You don't think you can sleep anymore.

-17 HP.
-3 Toughness.

Anthramarux stood very quiet-this wasn't too much different than the hiding game...though the stakes were a bit higher. 

Action: Slip off the Human form ring. Roar as loud as possible to distract the assassin from my movements (and wake up the rest of the camp), and then tear my way out of the tent, preferably through the roof-use my claws intelligently to slice a thin seam that I can burst through. Avoid getting in range of that knife.
You slip off the human form ring, making you expand, and thus are slightly visible for a few seconds. [Ass Int:5] The assassin capitalizes on this and strikes while you're still expanding. [Ass Agi:4+1][Agi:6-1+1] You narrowly avoid a cut as the blade runs off the top of your scales. You roar as loud as possible and smash through the top of the tent and fly up slightly. The entire camp wakes up at your roaring, and the assassin vanishes in a cloud of flaming smoke.

Suddenly, arrows, bolts, and sling bullets fill the sky. Oh right, there were a bunch of those things where your head was when you were sleeping.

[? Agi:3+1] | [? Agi:5+1] | [?2 Agi:4+1] | [?2 Agi:5+1] | [?3 Agi:3+1] | [?3 Agi:3+1] <Oh my, the minimum result is 4. Wow.
[Agi:2-1+1] | [Agi:5-1+1] | [Agi:2-1+1] | [Agi:1-1+1] | [Agi:1-1+1] | [Agi:3-1+1] <You definitely should have gotten better agility.
Hit diff 2, hit diff 1, hit diff 3, hit diff 5!, hit diff 3, hit diff 1.

You are overwhelmed by the storm of arrows, bolts, and bullets. You fail to avoid many.

[3/1d4][1/1d4][3+20%/2d2][2+100%/2d2][1+20%/1d4][4/1d4] Total: 17 points of damage.

An arrow strikes your front left leg, while another scrapes your poor tail. One of the bolts smashes into your ribs again, cracking several, and another scrapes scales and flesh off between your nose and your eyes. One of the bullets glances off of your chest after bruising a kidney, while another smashes your back right leg, breaking bone and bruising flesh before flying off down to the ground at still lethal speeds.

And just like that, you loose the refreshing good new-morning feeling. Instead, it is replaced by pure pain partially covered by adrenaline. Fortunately none of the arrows, bolts, or bullets were poisoned.

You look around for your attackers, but all you find, again, are flaming clouds of smoke.

Merysta trotted right on through the featureless room. Her mother must have been planning ahead. Surely there were tons of riches in the surrounding countryside, just waiting to be collected and placed in these empty rooms! For now, though, she wanted something that was actually interesting. Imagination and dreaming about the future could only do so much.
[6][6][3]: You walk down a hall and come across another blank room. Though this time there's intense shimmering and the sound of energy coming from the back of the room.

> Unsheath tail blade then turn around 360 degrees to try to look at my tail, which I realized that I haven't look at earlier. Then sit with my tail on my right.

This creature. It looked very majestic in the light, friendly maybe? Noraiah wasn't sure. If she could only manage to communicate with it somehow...

> Lie prone and look upwards at the creature's...face?

((Way to not take my hint.))

You look at the creature. It appears to be getting annoyed somewhat. It still does not know what to do with you.

The source of the roaring enters the cave. It is similar to the creature in front of you, but more white. Both creatures talk before the new one gets behind you.

Uh oh, you are now trapped between them. There's nowhere to run. What now, blade baby?

"Hm... Earth magic sounds interesting. I believe I would like to observe that one."
"Right." He slowly walks over to a door and knocks. "Wrighti, someone wants to watch you."

"Who wants to watch me?" You hear a male say in response.

"A dragon."

"What's his name?"

The old man looks at you.

Kin thought for a moment. He had this crazy idea that if he could help them dig all the marble he in turn would be 'paid' with precious material. He tried his best charming voice.

*Cough* "Maybe I can help you dig the marble. I'm sure I could do more work in the same span of time three of your best diggers can. And in turn you could 'pay' with some precious material?"

If the man accept, Kin starts working, if he does not Kin flies back towards the city wall cautiously. he does not want to become a pincushion.

[Cha:3][Difficulty:6]: "You? Dig?" He laughs. "How do you plan to dig, with your claws? With a pickaxe? Hah, I would say at best you could do the work of a newbie, kid."

Defeated, you fly back to the city walls. Fortunately, nobody sticks an arrow in you.

Get the goblet out of the cave
You rush the goblet out of the cave.

...Okay?

'Is there anything in there? Do my parents know about it?' thought Jaydenhal.

Jaydenhal would look inside the room from where he was, and then go ask his parents about the room.
You look at the room. You don't find anything else besides what you already knew.

You ask your parents what the room is. They tell you that they don't know, which is strange because the room is not far from the entrance.

Quote from: Repulsion
Fly in place.
You flap your wings in place. Flapflapflapflapflapflapflap.

Quote from: Draignean
Be a babby again.
Born in: 17, Kingdom of Rannia.

[5]: The last couple... somethings have been strange. The usual extremely loud rambling has been quiet recently. Actually, they've gone completely. Instead, they are replaced by low... singing? This you've got to see. You decide to punch through your shell with your large horns. You fly out and roll down several steps, landing on a soft carpet on a stone floor. Your vision is blurry, and the room very dark, so you have no idea what is going on visually.

Something picks you up. You struggle slightly before it pets you and calms you down. You struggle to view what is holding you. What catches your attention are two gray-green circles with black circles that look at you. Other than that, you have no idea what is touching you.

You are put down on a stone block. The thing with the green circles sings in a low voice, and suddenly, you are hit with energies and you feel... Good! Very good! You have been 'divinely' blessed!

The creature with the green circles walks over to you and up to your face. Your vision is still blurry and it is still dark, but from here you can tell that those circles are eyes, and there are more like that creature behind him. Several dozen.

+5 Strength, agility, intelligence, and toughness.

((On another note, do not expect the cult to last long. It's heresy in a country that was part of a highly religious militant country, this country also dislikes dragons, and is also close friends with another militant country that HATES dragons (Rihosis) so... yeah, it's going to have people all over it's ass))

Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ahra: Ásabragr (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wolfchild: Ramoth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jetex1911: Jaydenhal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin: Noraiah (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Ka (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:32:57 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: June 04, 2012, 07:07:53 pm »

* SerCon's character doesn't have a bladed tail and thus suffers no GM Wrath? :D

Curious but cautious, Merysta moved toward the back of the room to see what was causing the sound.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 07:53:38 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: June 04, 2012, 07:30:52 pm »

Anthramarux snorted. Two arrow barrages in one day? And she was badly wounded...once again...hadn't this happened a few turns ago?

The Dragoness flapped off in the direction of Albreac, determined to deliver the stupid scale before it got her skewered. She decided to stop in a small place on the way, if she could find it, one that could give her aid...and perhaps help her sneak into the city.

Then again, Anthramarux didn't know how easily her enemies could track her...nor did she know of any particular defense against the all-seeing Gods, and their fire cloud assassins.

Except another God. Long odds, maybe, but if her enemies were going to such lengths...

Action: Fly back to Tarrans temple.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: June 04, 2012, 07:50:14 pm »

"Raikonai," he answered proudly.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: June 04, 2012, 07:58:45 pm »

* SerCon's character doesn't have a bladed tail and thus suffers no GM Wrath? :D

Curious but cautious, Merysta poked her head into the room to see what was causing the sound.
((It's not exactly wrath. And no, you don't suffer it))

You stick your head in the room slightly. You can't seem to find what is making the noise. Once again, it's coming from the end of the room, but the room appears blank.

Anthramarux snorted. Two arrow barrages in one day? And she was badly wounded...once again...hadn't this happened a few turns ago?

The Dragoness flapped off in the direction of Albreac, determined to deliver the stupid scale before it got her skewered. She decided to stop in a small place on the way, if she could find it, one that could give her aid...and perhaps help her sneak into the city.

Then again, Anthramarux didn't know how easily her enemies could track her...nor did she know of any particular defense against the all-seeing Gods, and their fire cloud assassins.

Except another God. Long odds, maybe, but if her enemies were going to such lengths...

Action: Fly back to Tarrans temple.
You fly back to Tarran's temple and land on the front stairs.

In the distance you hear the screaming of someone falling down the mountain. Man, those stairs are hazardous.

Oh, and a bolt smashes into the door of the temple in front of you. Wow, no breaks for you. Good thing you're mostly invisible.

"Raikonai," he answered proudly.
"I don't think I know you. ...Do I?" The man on the other side of the door queries.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: June 04, 2012, 08:08:08 pm »

Anthrmarux looked back. How did they follow her so fast?

No matter. Time for the hunter to turn into the hunted!

Action: Double back-observe my pursuers.

If feasible, strike them from the air and send them tumbling down with acid and/or claws.

I define feasible as in, if they have a Persian style arrow storm waiting for me or not.

Otherwise, just head into the temple.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 08:12:11 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: June 04, 2012, 08:22:03 pm »

(I must've accidentally ninja'd you with my edit. I'll just restate the action.)

Her curiosity was not sated in the least, but she decided she should still be wary. She tiptoed into the room and crept toward the back slowly, trying to find the origin of the sound.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: June 04, 2012, 08:46:01 pm »

"I doubt it."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: June 04, 2012, 08:48:54 pm »

"I doubt it."
"So... why do you want to watch me?"
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 136