Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210622 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 36: ELF, Hard Coins, Black Stuff.
« Reply #1065 on: February 17, 2012, 05:07:29 am »

"It must be intentional. Fear as a weapon. That's when you are most tested...I'm sure you would agree, Goddess."
She smiles. And she promptly doesn't scare the hell out of you. "Ahhhh, my favorite kind. Intentional.

...There are many factors, some that you cannot control, some that give little return, but there are some major ones.

First is, of course, the most obvious, the unexpected. If someone expects you're going to try and scare them and they expect how, the impact will be much weaker than it could be. If it's just the former, it's reduced but still easy to put fright in them. If it's neither, your target is at your whim. It should be obvious from the numerous times I've scared you.
Second is, of course, the fear of pain on themselves, or to a lesser extent the pain on others not them. If you threaten an enemy with a weapon, and they know that they have nothing to stop you from hurting or killing them, they will be much easier to manipulate. Of course, if they're too zealous this won't work, but generally... well, I scared you with the ghost, did I not?
Third, have an intimidating form. If you look evil and nasty, they will fear you somewhat more. If you look harmless, they will not take you very seriously.
Fourth, do not show signs of mercy, as they will try to exploit this to the max.
Five, be original. Similar threats or scares have an increasingly reduced impact. If I were to scare you with a ghost again, you would likely just shiver for a few seconds and shrug it off.
Six, make them feel powerless. A person in a corner is much more scared than a person running; the running person is, at the very least, able to act against his threat. The man in a corner, cannot.

Well, that's all I can think of, for now. Now my question, what are you planning to do with this knowledge?"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 17, 2012, 05:23:40 am »

Anthramarux cocked her head to a left angle. Her draconian pride reemerged.

"I would use it to spread terror among those who would seek to harm me...or my interests. Or perhaps, some are deserving of it regardless.

An ounce of fear saves a gallon of blood anyway. At least, my blood. I view fear as just another means of non-violence, a way to achieve my goals with less effort. Many Dragons have fallen in the ages not because they grew weaker, but because they were no longer feared. I shall not be the same.

For, I will one day assume my mothers mantle as protector of my homeland...and all the people therein, shall love and fear me, pay me respect, beg for my aid...and I, in turn, will be their protector."
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:29:38 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 17, 2012, 05:34:35 am »

"Fear to protect people?" She claps. "Heck, you're beginning to sound like a king or queen. Or perhaps a parent. And you're not even old enough for any of those things!

Well, do you have any more questions?"
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 17, 2012, 05:43:49 am »

"Thank you for the compliment, Goddess. Or the cleverly veiled insult, whichever it was.

As for questions, I have hardly begun to ask. But for tonight, I am finished.

Relay my gratitude to the the rest of the Gods for their attention. I will endeavor to prove myself in their eyes, since they are now upon me."

Anthramarux shifted her weight to her left hip and growled.

"Well, I can't exactly tell a Goddess to leave my mind. Do what thou wilt with me, but get on with it. We don't have all night-that was a jest. Like, ha ha?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 17, 2012, 06:09:27 am »

"Very well, mortal. Goodbye. You have... 23 minutes of dreaming left. Should I leave the lucidity on or off when I leave? Or should I flip a coin which completely biased towards you to decide?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 17, 2012, 06:30:38 am »

Anthramarux waved a hand imperiously.

"You may leave it, if you wish. I will enjoy the time I have, molding this world to my own wishes. A smallest measure of Godhood, perhaps."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 17, 2012, 06:45:25 am »

She rolls her eyes, then disappears in a sphere of pure and utter darkness darker than the pure black of this landscape. Everything is now silent, and the pitch black is replaced by a blank gray as you regain control.

You play with your dream to you whims, before you wake up with a headache. Apparently having two gods screw around in your head is a little much.

But, you learned many things. Perhaps a little too much. You're starting to look at things differently... you are starting to believe that everything is explainable, even when many things are beyond your comprehension. You might want to slow down or reverse course a little, because really, you don't want to spend your life trying to understand the un-understandable.

+3 Intelligence.

(And NOW we can have an action. After 3 days. :P And now I will actually get to writing a turn tomorrow. Also, 99 Intelligence. Jeez man.)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 17, 2012, 09:14:29 am »

see if i can climb up the walls to the open place to see outside
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 17, 2012, 10:20:43 am »

Anthramarux rose and stretched, glad to be awake. She cantered out of her nook, and over to one of the many cold pools in the cavern, where she quenched her thirst most satisfactorily. But now she was hungry...raging hunger, actually.

Maybe it was her more bestial nature taking control for a bit, but for now she just wanted to tear the living flesh from somethings bones. Her claws flexed, digging grooves into the soft stone of the cave floor. Mmmm...

Action: Anthramarux catches breakfast-she ranges inland looking for deer or boars, or cattle if she can convince the owners to spare one.

Afterwards, if successful, she begins to explore the land around her new lair.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 02:21:22 am by Dwarmin »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 18, 2012, 02:32:40 pm »

Just a note for everyone: I've recently restarted my Oblivion game (so I will likely want to play it again), I recently got Starfarer, and I haven't done any of the turn lately due to just feeling out of energy these last few days/I've been occupied by Dwarmin's discussion wad of text, so the update may be delayed for a decent amount of time, say, 2-5 days. Please be patent, the world won't end that quickly I'm sure. And no RTD needs a burnt out GM, am I rite?

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: February 18, 2012, 08:32:45 pm »

And no RTD needs a burnt out GM, am I rite?
Indeed, no RTD needs a fatigued master
Tirades like that are certainly unneeded
One can see that it will lead to disaster
Such wasteful actions are so very conceited.

So Tarran, go relax your bedraggled body
Off to the feathery bed, off to dreamland
Go and dream far away, be disembodied
When you rise again, you will again command.

Dragons will rear their heads, fire will burn again
Anthramarux will feed, Tarran will lead
Many laughs will be had, and many legerdemains
Gods will watch and new kings will supersede.

Let the thread be temporarily sepulchered,
Just do not let it be permanently butchered.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 18, 2012, 08:55:57 pm »

Um, okay. That was unneeded but I'm not complaining. :P

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: February 18, 2012, 09:13:22 pm »

Quick, everyone overwhelm the planet with dragon related poetry.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: February 18, 2012, 09:34:29 pm »

You'll drown in it before I do, so I must say that that's a bad idea.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: February 19, 2012, 12:01:23 am »

I used to like Dragon related poetry.

But then I took an arrow to the knee.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 136