Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Darwin's Island [Before the Dawn of Time]  (Read 17317 times)

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
Re: Darwin's Island [Before the Dawn of Time]
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 08:56:04 pm »

Modify flagellum to puncture cells. Head toward the boxy-looking cell with a cell wall in the bottom left. Inject yourself into the cell and clog the gap with the flagellum.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 09:03:19 pm »

Obviously, this is a test to see whether we shall be a herbivore or a carnivore, and I personally we should not be on the bottom of the food chain. Also, if we weren't able to digest the mitochondria, how are we going to digest the cell wall and other organelles of that cell? Go for the tiny ones.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 09:04:41 pm »

If we puncture the cell wall though, we don't need to eat through it. We don't need to be on the bottom of the food chain. I just thought armor would help us out. We can eat the tiny ones later to supplement our diet.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 09:37:44 pm »

I do believe that a cell wall isn't exactly easy to puncture with a relatively free-form flagellum, and are we really hoping to squeeze an entire cell into the tiny hole made by a flagellum?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 09:39:48 pm »

I do believe that a cell wall isn't exactly easy to puncture with a relatively free-form flagellum, and are we really hoping to squeeze an entire cell into the tiny hole made by a flagellum?
Yes
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 09:47:57 pm »

Which is why we need to modify the tip to be cell piercing. Probably with enzymes applied to help dissolve it. And we can squeeze an entire cell through. It wouldn't be fast (yet). It'll be basic until we have more resources at our disposal. Making do with what we can use. It wouldn't be tiny. Cytoplasm isn't that big. Once we have installed ourselves inside, all we need do is break down the wall around the flagellum a little and let in the nucleus. With enough adaptation, we can make this work even better later on.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 09:52:30 pm »

I'll admit, it's a grand plan, and I hope it works, but the problems with it are many. However, having said that, it would be pretty awesome to eventually become a parasite that injects itself into a host and eats it from the inside, with all the screaming pain that would entail. I'll just concede this point.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 09:56:02 pm »

Step one: Adapt! We must adapt our flagellum with good enzymes first. Next we must make eight more. Six will become grasping claws to attach ourselves and open up the wound and two will be devoted to transporting us places.

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 11:10:58 pm »

Turn 5

Using enzymes, you coat your flagellum in a solution that rapidly dissolves hard proteins.

Luckily for you, the plant cell does not react and is probably unaware of this situation.

As you break down the cell's wall, he realizes he's under assault, but it's too late.

In a cellular-level gorefest, the cell's contents leak out, releasing it's juicy innards and cytoplasm.

Using your imagination, you can probably imagine what happens next.

+50 Hunger!
+€25!

And then using sheer willpower (And lots of materials), you sprout two more flagella with your available resources, and manage to reinforce your cellular skin with proteins, giving you increased armor. You also salvage the cell's vacuole, increasing your hunger limit.
Flagella has leveled up! Flagella is now lvl 2!
+2 Agility!
-€5!
-50 Hunger!

Cellular Skin has leveled up! Cellular Skin is now lvl 2!
+1 Armor!
-€10!
-10 Hunger!

New organe obtained, "Vacuole"!
+100 Hunger Limit!

+5 Sentience!
Sentience Level Up!
You are now known as "Smart Bacterium"!

You have mutated Color Vision! (And much more work for me)
Nucleus has leveled up! Nucleus is now lvl 2!
+1 Perception!

What now?

Spoiler: Current Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:12:41 pm by Calvin »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 11:14:39 pm »

Make it stabler then kill stuff
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, 11:30:03 pm »

Find more prey, if possible, mutate to produce offspring. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 12:02:55 am »

This.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 12:05:38 am »

Yeah why not

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 01:52:52 am »

Oh, and after reproducing asexually, mutate even further to sexually reproduce using two of these superior life-forms, that way mutation will be faster, since the genes will be mixed and then passed on to the child. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 04:14:11 am »

i never heard of monocellular sexual reproduction. first search for more vegetal cells to eat, increase our piercing abilities and asexually reproduce.

In long term, produce collagen to invent pluricellularism.

EDIT: we should mimic bdellovibrio, real bacteria able to turn into a freaking drill: 100 turn/sec and a 100µm/s speed! (equivalent to 600 km/h for a human!) :D
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 04:22:07 am by kaian-a-coel »
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8