Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SOLVED{12 years on a fort and no more artifacts}  (Read 1595 times)

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
SOLVED{12 years on a fort and no more artifacts}
« on: August 15, 2011, 11:58:23 am »

After about 7 strange moods,none of my dwarfs entered in any kind of mood! :'( (in 12 years)
I want artifact things!
Yes, artifacts are actvated.

sounds unbelivable but in fort wuth 150 dwarfs,i haven't breaced the caves,problem solved.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:01:37 am by peskyninja »
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
Re: 12 years on a fort and no more artifacts
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 12:00:19 pm »

Dig out more areas.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 12:08:41 pm »

If you have enough tiles revealed and items created (numbers escape me, look it up).  It could just be bad RNG rolls.  I've gone a year or two without artifacts and then had 2 back to back.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
  • I dont know who you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 12:24:20 pm »

If you have enough tiles revealed and items created (numbers escape me, look it up).  It could just be bad RNG rolls.  I've gone a year or two without artifacts and then had 2 back to back.

?
How exactly does this tiles revealed and objects made thing work? Ive never heard of it.
Yes he is... So the countess will never bread?
If she doesnt bread, let her cake.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 12:35:59 pm »

From what Toady has stated in the past, the maximum number of artifacts the fort is currently eligible for is a function based on tiles revealed and items created.  If you have the minimum number of moodable dwarves, then you have a chance for a strange mood to happen about every other season.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 12:53:56 pm »

I have 150 dorfs and it alredy passed 8 years since the last mood
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

ahonek

• Bay Watcher
  • Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 02:57:24 pm »

Then dig out more tiles and make more items.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 03:39:09 pm »

Then dig out more tiles and make more items.

This.

Maximum number of artifacts

The maximum number of artifacts in any one fortress is limited by the lower of:

The number of items created divided by 200. It is unknown whether mined-out rock counts as an "item created", or whether bolts and units of drink are counted individually.
    The number of revealed subterranean tiles divided by 2308 (this is an area equivalent to a 48x48 square). Using exploratory methods is a great way to increase your artifact limit.

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 08:12:40 pm »

each dwarf can only make one artifact in their lifetime

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 09:03:36 pm »

each dwarf can only make one artifact in their lifetime
But then you can end those lives to make room for others.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 11:53:46 pm »

Hmm, and I was doubting the artifact limits.  Looks like I'm up to 95 of them now.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 09:32:58 am »

Exploring the underground caverns is a good way to boost tiles revealed.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SOLVED{12 years on a fort and no more artifacts}
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 03:30:01 pm »

I'm curious: how big was your embark?  How many z-levels did the ground span?

I've been interested in artifact limits, and so I'm trying to figure out if ground+sky counts toward revealed space.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.