Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you use Unarmed Fighting - This can be Wrestling, Striking, a Blend...

Yes, Always
- 55 (15.8%)
Yes, Sometimes
- 194 (55.7%)
Yes, But Only If I Need To
- 43 (12.4%)
No, I Prefer Weaponry
- 50 (14.4%)
Other
- 6 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 348

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: Unarmed Combat - How Many People Here Use It?  (Read 35977 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Unarmed Combat - How Many People Here Use It?
« Reply #195 on: December 31, 2011, 10:09:00 am »

Woah, wait, what? Holy shit, you can do that? o.o I think I may have to do a little modding here in a bit...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 31, 2011, 10:19:19 am »

Woah, wait, what? Holy shit, you can do that? o.o I think I may have to do a little modding here in a bit...
I'm guessing it's because the spine is so small, I'm testing it in the arena and I can confrim that something as large of a dragon will still have it's neck broken but you can rip out a sasquatches spine with ease.

spiderik

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 19, 2012, 12:33:45 pm »

I've just found how great fun is to tear each enemy's ears and nose before killing him, I had a wrestler who had a bag of some 20 noses as souvenirs :) before he was lashed to death by some overlord something, who did not like to have his face noseless.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2012, 08:40:44 pm »

I've just found how great fun is to tear each enemy's ears and nose before killing him, I had a wrestler who had a bag of some 20 noses as souvenirs :) before he was lashed to death by some overlord something, who did not like to have his face noseless.
A shame - Im sure His Nostrils would have made a great addition to Your mantle ;)
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 20, 2012, 09:05:29 am »

The first thing I did with my adventurer was buy a heavy golden chest to bash people with. I then put their corpses in the chest, making it heavier and more lethal.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Ascimator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 20, 2012, 09:09:56 am »

Get yourself the crossbowman who is sneaky and dodgy. Make someone pass out then strangle him to gring lots of wrestling. Make sure you have a free hand to yank weapons out of enemy's hands and toss them in their heads.
Also, I like to pinch off fingers.
There is a finely-engraved image of Ascimator on the wall. Ascimator is slapping himself in the face. The artwork relates to the loss of the only anvil in Perplextombs in the late winter of 6.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 20, 2012, 09:23:26 am »

i'v gone from sometimes to always now that i'm a vampire and have a need to feed, seems strangling someone even for a second makes them pass out, easy food for me and makes my head collection grow even faster :3
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 20, 2012, 11:27:11 am »

i'v gone from sometimes to always now that i'm a vampire and have a need to feed, seems strangling someone even for a second makes them pass out, easy food for me and makes my head collection grow even faster :3

so was it an 'accident' or an ‼SCIENCE‼ that turned you into a vampire?

darklord1120

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 20, 2012, 11:43:04 am »

I loved playing un-armed demi-god in previous dwarf fortresses..

But then the updates came, causing me to become the most pathetic character in the land.

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 20, 2012, 12:09:28 pm »

I loved playing un-armed demi-god in previous dwarf fortresses..

But then the updates came, causing me to become the most pathetic character in the land.
Eh? You still can curb-stomp people unarmed with the updates.  You just gotta wait until you get really high sneak (at least master) and wrestling skills.   Skill this up by first sneaking around until you can walk up next to animals.  Then grab them so they can move and wrestle them to get wrestling and fighter skills up.  Once you get those skills to a good level, you can start fighting bandits.

First of all, sneak around and scout out the entire area.  Find all the archers and crossbow men, take them out first.  I like to choke them out and curb-stomp their brains in while they are unconscious.  If they are clumped up in a group, throw or shoot crap at them in stealth from range.

Once you have cleared out all the ranged targets, run up to one of the melee units, grab them by the upper body then throw to the ground.  If you are successful, they will be both prone and stunned, making them easier to hit.  Then punch them a couple of times until you see them standing up, then throw them again and repeat til they are sufficiently injured and can't fight back.  Then you can do whatever you want to them.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 20, 2012, 12:10:50 pm »

so was it an 'accident' or an ‼SCIENCE‼ that turned you into a vampire?

i wanted to be a vampire so i killed one and drank as much of his blood as i could before i got full :D

so "accident" i guess :3
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 20, 2012, 12:23:32 pm »

Run up to someone, hack their face off, run up to someone, hack their face of .....

rince and repeat. That is my combat strategy.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 20, 2012, 12:56:56 pm »

1v1 choke holdes FTW!
The anwser to life, the universe, and everything as we know it is -MAGMA-

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 20, 2012, 01:49:46 pm »

Does throwing count? If so, I had an adventurer who wiped a human town by throwing the corpse of the town's childs at other people.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I couldnt stop laughing.

I sometimes strangle people and i tend to throw stuff for no reason.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sibilantjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 20, 2012, 04:22:55 pm »

I fuckin' love unarmed combat! Right now I'm grinding my Striker up on peasants, soon I will shatter the bones of bogeymen with my bare fists. Wrestling is cool too, but I am not yet strong enough to pinch off body parts I grab :(
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17