Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you use Unarmed Fighting - This can be Wrestling, Striking, a Blend...

Yes, Always
- 55 (15.8%)
Yes, Sometimes
- 194 (55.7%)
Yes, But Only If I Need To
- 43 (12.4%)
No, I Prefer Weaponry
- 50 (14.4%)
Other
- 6 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 348

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Unarmed Combat - How Many People Here Use It?  (Read 36033 times)

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unarmed Combat - How Many People Here Use It?
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2011, 12:40:45 pm »

Actually....I meant how you'll actually throw them -out- of their own pants, provided they move at least one tile
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2011, 11:09:46 pm »

I most often use axes, typically taking out their thighs or arms to get them in either severe pain or on the ground, then I go for the head.

However, I do use kicking and punching if I have a good shot.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2011, 09:09:53 am »

I most often use axes, typically taking out their thighs or arms to get them in either severe pain or on the ground, then I go for the head.

However, I do use kicking and punching if I have a good shot.
Kicking with an Axe is sensible. It allows You to remain facing one person, and Striking another. Great for Multiple Opponents.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2011, 01:17:46 pm »

Actually....I meant how you'll actually throw them -out- of their own pants, provided they move at least one tile

Waaait. You can do that?? Oh, man. New adventure awesomeness ahoy.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2011, 01:34:04 pm »

Yeah, anytime you're holding something from another person's inventory, if they can no longer hold onto it you gain possession automatically. So, holding a guy's boot while you cut off his foot or gripping someone's quiver while you toss them across the room. Interesting side note, killing them works just like this for anything, so holding a guy's pants while you cave in his skull equals free slacks.

The sword cuts both ways, get a weapon lodged in someone and then choose to drop it, you leave them with a nice peircing.
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 28, 2011, 02:01:42 pm »

That leads to some odd situations, like when I ended up with a halberd stuck in my hand and a spear stuck in my wing after fighting some particularly lucky bandits (lucky in that they managed to hit me at all).
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2011, 07:49:39 pm »

I once survived a bandit ambush and wandered into a hostile town. I was cornered by a small child when I noticed that an arrow was still lodged in my stomach, I ripped it out and stabbed the kid to death with it.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 29, 2011, 01:13:40 am »

I didn't know it worked for non-severing/killing interactions. Haven't really gotten the hang of throwing folks, yet.

The sword cuts both ways, get a weapon lodged in someone and then choose to drop it, you leave them with a nice peircing.

Oh, I definitely knew about that one. I once stabbed a hydra with seven spears, each one embedded in a different head. Then a few more in various other places. Then it bit my arms off.
...I hate Hydras. I hate anything I can't choke to death.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 29, 2011, 07:47:41 am »

oh yea! i forgot to post about how i love grabbing an archer's or crossbow man/woman's quiver and using there arrows/bolts as thrown projectile death while they are still alive :D
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 03, 2011, 11:35:38 pm »

Was the rhesus standing or on the ground? You can only throw when they're standing, although unless you're a BC or similarly powerful beast they won't go very far - possibly not even one tile. As a BC, however... :3

I threw a guy as a bronze colossus.. i than realized i wanted his sword..... DAMNIT

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 03, 2011, 11:45:45 pm »

I like Starting off unarmed Ripping the weapons from peoples hands using them until no longer convenient and then throwing them at the nearest enemy.
Yeah, thats a good Approach as well. Disarming can be very effective, when Your Enemy is Reliant on their Weapon ;)

hang on i totally just realized why i see seemingly random caps on bay 12.

[A]pply
[D]
[E]
[R]

think about it they are all shift+letter rougelike controls usually.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 03, 2011, 11:49:19 pm »

...I hate Hydras. I hate anything I can't choke to death.

When considering that one day i decided to fix it. modded in a 7 armed character.... took forever but i eventually did. trick is you gotta get all the heads in a chokehold than mash the direction button.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 04, 2011, 12:11:33 am »

I like Starting off unarmed Ripping the weapons from peoples hands using them until no longer convenient and then throwing them at the nearest enemy.
Yeah, thats a good Approach as well. Disarming can be very effective, when Your Enemy is Reliant on their Weapon ;)

[A]pply
[D]
[E]
[R]

Hehe, that's an interesting theory, good eye.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 05, 2011, 03:14:10 am »

[A]pply
[D]
[E]
[R]

I am so glad someone finally got that :D
Its an incredibly obscure joke, but it always made me giggle at myself.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

ion25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 22, 2011, 02:53:50 pm »

I usually sneak up on people, and then get WRASSLIN! Break their legs, then  kick them to death. I'll usually use weapons when fighting groups or those beast guys, though.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17