Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you use Unarmed Fighting - This can be Wrestling, Striking, a Blend...

Yes, Always
- 55 (15.8%)
Yes, Sometimes
- 194 (55.7%)
Yes, But Only If I Need To
- 43 (12.4%)
No, I Prefer Weaponry
- 50 (14.4%)
Other
- 6 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 348

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Unarmed Combat - How Many People Here Use It?  (Read 36051 times)

Prixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unarmed Combat - How Many People Here Use It?
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2011, 06:16:42 pm »

Well, I enjoy grabbing enemies at ears, nose, fingers etc and pinching them, even with "only" skilled striker most bits sail off in an arc.
Anyone need red paint?

Just sitting here imagining a really buff, muscled nordic guy sitting on the couch after a long day, grabbing someone's toe, and cracking the nail off like a Beer can.

"Aaaaaah, sit on an elf and crack open a cold one".

Azure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2011, 09:49:01 am »

I'll just change combat prefs to close combat, go cripple a wolf and wrestle to legendary then store my wep in my pack, change prefs to strike, run around bludgeoning to legendary, store the shield, run around kicking punchin n bitin to legendary then giggle at my massive stats.

I feel its around more for stat training and a backup for when you become the armless n legless menace.

(Can't go wrong with gouging eyes out or wrestling weapons away.)

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2011, 09:25:09 pm »

I like Starting off unarmed Ripping the weapons from peoples hands using them until no longer convenient and then throwing them at the nearest enemy.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2011, 11:34:17 pm »

Get a pick axe or spear, or anything that gets lodged in peeps most of the time. Upon lodging it in someone, just drop it. It stays stuck in them.

Coolest thing I did in awhile with wrestling was get a pike-man and spearman on either side of me. With nothing in my hands I grabbed both weapons. Killed the pike man instantly with a kick, then lodged his weapon firmly in the Spearman's chest. ((auto gain possession if your holding it and they let go.)) I then Tossed the spear man, and he luckily moved a tile. Threw his spear into him, and left him there for the rest of the battle. When the  battle was over I yanked out the spear and he bled out.

Now I carry a steel pick around and lodge it into people's heads. Oddly enough half the time it gets stuck in but does not kill them ((low mining maybe?)) I leave it lodged in their skull and finish them in the same manner.

Only problem? One notable bandit actually managed to flee while I wasn't paying attention, stealing my pick within the large randomized section of his skull. I have been unable to locate or report them dead thus far.
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2011, 10:48:40 am »

i half use it most the time, a shield and sword stuck on one arm (buckler and longsword) with the other hand empty so i can grab people with my empty hand, usually get decaps and bisections that way.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2011, 11:05:02 am »

i use it, but mostly so i can defend against it
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Alestom

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Scotsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2011, 07:31:40 pm »

If I am playing as a minotaur, giant or BC Its all I use, Because If I am a minotaur I picture a huge buff guy just throwing people left and right and punching the next one so hard he bleeds out of every oriface in his head
If I had my time again, I know Id be a fighting man

In far Malay or Vietnam, Though I am more a lover

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2011, 09:27:22 pm »

Play as a corrupt, and even a lead warhammer pales in comparison to your fists.  If fists could collect kills in the same way that weapons can, then mine would have kill lists many pages long.  Oh, and I greatly enjoy FALCON KICK-ing people in the head.

Even in vanilla, it's hard to beat seeing that "You punch the crossbowman in the left upper arm with your right fist, shattering the bone!" announcement.  I don't, however, go for wrestling.  It's far too complicated for my HULK SMASH-y tastes.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2011, 08:58:43 am »

-snip-It's far too complicated for my HULK SMASH-y tastes.
i disagree with this, you could always just grab someone by the shirt and start punching them :P
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

nerdyboy321123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2011, 01:16:44 pm »

I macro'ed one thing that works on all non-soldier humans (they're mostly what I kill anyways) that grabs their throat, puts them in a chokehold, strangles them, and then hits them in the head with my axe. Literally, in my experience, 100% effectiveness
how exactly did you weaponize cows into emissary-assassins without causing the expected loyalty cascade?

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 25, 2011, 10:03:55 pm »

I only adventure as modded creatures, and generally their weapons are built in (fangs, claws, huge club-tails, scythe-wings...), so it technically counts as unarmed combat.

And once breath weapons are an adventurer-performable interaction... oohh yes.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2011, 08:55:50 am »

I like Starting off unarmed Ripping the weapons from peoples hands using them until no longer convenient and then throwing them at the nearest enemy.
Yeah, thats a good Approach as well. Disarming can be very effective, when Your Enemy is Reliant on their Weapon ;)
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2011, 09:27:25 am »

This was from fort mode, but I had a farmer deliver a knock out punch to a badgerman's snotbox...
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2011, 01:03:59 pm »

Here's a good one.

Grab someone by the pants, then throw them by the head...or outright kill them.

Now, having done that and received the message...take a moment to visualize what just happened.
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2011, 07:29:45 am »

Here's a good one.

Grab someone by the pants, then throw them by the head...or outright kill them.

Now, having done that and received the message...take a moment to visualize what just happened.
Its more Fun when You literally Grab Them by the Testicles in Genesis or somesuch :)
But Hey - Flinging someone by Their Groin and Head is quite... Haha
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17