Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you use Unarmed Fighting - This can be Wrestling, Striking, a Blend...

Yes, Always
- 55 (15.8%)
Yes, Sometimes
- 194 (55.7%)
Yes, But Only If I Need To
- 43 (12.4%)
No, I Prefer Weaponry
- 50 (14.4%)
Other
- 6 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 348

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: Unarmed Combat - How Many People Here Use It?  (Read 36084 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: Unarmed Combat - How Many People Here Use It?
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2011, 05:57:33 am »

Well, i just had a strange fight with my first charakter.
3rd fight or so, a boss for a quest.
My Sword is sticking in his arm, i do not want to move and loose 2 combat rounds.
So, I decide to bite his upper body, My first biting attack with untrained biting skill....
This happens:
"You bite vile horror Consort in the upper body, tearing the fat and bruising the muscle and bruising the right lung"
WTF?
How big are his teeth?
I think he will never have problems with steaks....
Its actually not unimaginable. Your Lungs are directly behind your Ribs. Its why a Punch to the Ribs can Hinder Breathing.
As such, if a Tooth went Between Ribs, it would Bruise the Lungs (Bruise perhaps isnt the word though), as a result of mushing the Veins a bit.
Well, the thing is, how would you fit even a part of the head through the ribs?
But I like the randomness^^
Like the fluffy wambler killing the bronze collossus...
greetz
It doesnt need to go Through - Just Onto.
You can touch the Outer Area of the Muscle around your Lung with your Fingertips.

And Bruising is nothing more than Burst Blood Vessels behind the skin.
As such, its viable.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

RodohMuffinnose

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2011, 04:33:29 pm »

Dual shields ftw

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2011, 09:35:05 am »

also with the equipment you rip off them you can choose what you want to do with it, i ususally throw it at them cus its funny as hell, i crushed a guys brain by throwing a shield i had just stolen off of him.

Am I the only one who thought of cpt. america when I read this?
XD
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 03:09:15 pm by Frelus »
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2011, 09:56:27 am »

Nope. And with throwing it' crazy boss. Now all we need is to enchant a sheild of returning.
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2011, 11:53:13 pm »

Now that I've started using my custom corrupt race, I have been using unarmed combat more.  It's suddenly a lot more appealing to fight with my fists when those fists are made of an extremely dense metal and can cave in a giant's chest with a single blow, even without any combat skills.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2011, 12:39:40 am »

Aside from throwing? Nope, as long as my blade strikes true and my junk meet the opponent's face I will never fight unarmed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2011, 03:11:06 am »

Aside from throwing? Nope, as long as my blade strikes true and my junk meet the opponent's face I will never fight unarmed.

I read that so wrong. So, so wrong. >.> On-topic, I like unarmed fighting. Mainly crippling arms and then strangling. Sometimes I've modded in the neck as a joint; it's pretty fun snapping those.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2011, 11:06:30 am »

I read that so wrong. So, so wrong. >.>
Oh, wow. I just did too. ::)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2011, 12:10:11 pm »

I read that so wrong. So, so wrong. >.> On-topic, I like unarmed fighting. Mainly crippling arms and then strangling. Sometimes I've modded in the neck as a joint; it's pretty fun snapping those.
Thatd be hard to correctly Mod in - Could you post up the RAW?
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2011, 12:40:25 pm »

All you have to do is add [JOINT] to [BODY:NECK] like so. EDIT: It's in Dwarf Fortress -> raw -> objects; the file to modify is body_default. (Just added that for people who don't know how to mod, for clarification purposes.)

Code: [Select]
[BODY:NECK]
[BP:NECK:upper spine:STP][CONTYPE:HEAD][NERVOUS][INTERNAL][SMALL][JOINT][SKELETON][CONNECTOR][CATEGORY:SPINE]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:100]

Then all you gotta do is grab 'em by the head and twist. :3 It's not perfect, but it does make them drop everything in their hands, lose the ability to grasp, and lose the ability to stand. I don't know if they'll die if you just leave 'em alone yet because I usually go for the curbstomp after that.

FURTHER EDIT: Decided to check on that, and yeah. If you snap their neck they'll move around a bit before suffocating, so once you've snapped it you can basically consider that enemy dead and ignore them if you want.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 06:05:52 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2011, 12:43:43 pm »

You know, of all the stuff that's been added, I wonder why Toady never made it possible to snap necks in vanilla. One day, when we have that and directional vision, we can pretend to be Snake.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2011, 12:46:59 pm »

Do your gloves effect punching power?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2011, 01:09:25 pm »

Yeah, I know. Directional vision would be pretty nice... and you can bet as soon as it was in somebody would mod in the Byakugan. ^^^ It probably wouldn't be that hard if it was a simple value like [FIELD_OF_VISION]; just change it from whatever to about... 320, 330 degrees? And you can make a race to be blind punching bags by giving them a FOV of 0. Man, that would be awesome. :3

EDIT: Of course, now that I think about it, that last bit could just as easily by done by making a new race and not giving them eyes in the first place... ^^^;

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2011, 05:06:01 pm »

One of my finest kills involved biting a man's head and tearing it off, then spitting it into his buddy's face, killing him
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2011, 07:06:05 am »

One of my finest kills involved biting a man's head and tearing it off, then spitting it into his buddy's face, killing him
That. Is Art.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17