Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you use Unarmed Fighting - This can be Wrestling, Striking, a Blend...

Yes, Always
- 55 (15.8%)
Yes, Sometimes
- 194 (55.7%)
Yes, But Only If I Need To
- 43 (12.4%)
No, I Prefer Weaponry
- 50 (14.4%)
Other
- 6 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 348

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Unarmed Combat - How Many People Here Use It?  (Read 36070 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: Unarmed Combat - How Many People Here Use It?
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2011, 10:56:10 am »

Eh?
Whats Inappropriate about Molesting your Victims?
I wish ripping dicks off wasn't such a good strategy, I never feel good about it but it always works.
Especially if you Rip if off with your Bare Teeth, then Spit it out.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2011, 11:04:29 am »

Ok, really? Can't we talk about other things, like the viability of using wrestling to kill things that don't need to breathe?
I'm really liking the biting attack. Haven't found a bronze colossus yet, though.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2011, 11:13:59 am »

Haven't found a bronze colossus yet, though.
I'm planning on playing an adventure similar to Cocoprimate's adventure with a dwarf... whose name escapes me.

Prior to breaching Hell, I'm going to go and kill lots of megabeasts (titans and colossi) and claim a dragon's lair. Haven't got quests to kill such creatures yet, though.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2011, 12:02:10 am »

I'm planning on playing an adventure similar to Cocoprimate's adventure with a dwarf... whose name escapes me.

Prior to breaching Hell, I'm going to go and kill lots of megabeasts (titans and colossi) and claim a dragon's lair. Haven't got quests to kill such creatures yet, though.
You usually wont, unless the Town is directly aware of them.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2011, 09:32:37 am »

DAMMIT!!! I wonder if a night beast lair would work, then.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2011, 10:04:50 am »

Ive done some Night Beast Quests. Theyre usually just Caves in the side of Mountains, but thats swell.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2011, 10:41:54 am »

Ive done some Night Beast Quests. Theyre usually just Caves in the side of Mountains, but thats swell.
I've found night beast lairs being simple mounds of sand, or just dug into the ground (almost concealed because I saw no passage into the hillside).

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2011, 11:06:29 am »

I've found night beast lairs being simple mounds of sand, or just dug into the ground (almost concealed because I saw no passage into the hillside).
However Armok wills it.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2011, 01:06:47 am »

EDIT: biting peoples throats. Posted in wrong thread. Sorry.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2011, 05:59:33 am »

EDIT: biting peoples throats. Posted in wrong thread. Sorry.
Eating Throats is always nice. You Cute Winkle Mustachio :)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2011, 12:23:59 pm »

i have found the best way to kill anything with weapons or armor! 1 arm with a sword and like 5 sheilds and the other hand compleatly empty, rip off the equipment (weapon and shield first) and choke em or something and start hacking off there limbs like a madman >:D

also with the equipment you rip off them you can choose what you want to do with it, i ususally throw it at them cus its funny as hell, i crushed a guys brain by throwing a shield i had just stolen off of him.

getting stuff all on 1 arm requires messing around with some dirt or rocks or various other items but its well worth it
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 12:26:59 pm by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2011, 07:27:16 am »

i have found the best way to kill anything with weapons or armor! 1 arm with a sword and like 5 sheilds and the other hand compleatly empty, rip off the equipment (weapon and shield first) and choke em or something and start hacking off there limbs like a madman >:D

also with the equipment you rip off them you can choose what you want to do with it, i ususally throw it at them cus its funny as hell, i crushed a guys brain by throwing a shield i had just stolen off of him.

getting stuff all on 1 arm requires messing around with some dirt or rocks or various other items but its well worth it
Optionally, Disarm it and Throw it. And itll politely Lay There for One Turn.

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2011, 08:59:46 am »

Well, i just had a strange fight with my first charakter.
3rd fight or so, a boss for a quest.
My Sword is sticking in his arm, i do not want to move and loose 2 combat rounds.
So, I decide to bite his upper body, My first biting attack with untrained biting skill....
This happens:
"You bite vile horror Consort in the upper body, tearing the fat and bruising the muscle and bruising the right lung"
WTF?
How big are his teeth?
I think he will never have problems with steaks....
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2011, 10:41:09 am »

My Sword is sticking in his arm, i do not want to move and loose 2 combat rounds.
So, I decide to bite his upper body, My first biting attack with untrained biting skill....
This happens:
"You bite vile horror Consort in the upper body, tearing the fat and bruising the muscle and bruising the right lung"
WTF?
How big are his teeth?
Its actually not unimaginable. Your Lungs are directly behind your Ribs. Its why a Punch to the Ribs can Hinder Breathing.
As such, if a Tooth went Between Ribs, it would Bruise the Lungs (Bruise perhaps isnt the word though), as a result of mushing the Veins a bit.

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2011, 01:27:25 pm »

This happens:
WTF?
How big are his teeth?
Its actually not unimaginable. Your Lungs are directly behind your Ribs. Its why a Punch to the Ribs can Hinder Breathing.
As such, if a Tooth went Between Ribs, it would Bruise the Lungs (Bruise perhaps isnt the word though), as a result of mushing the Veins a bit.
Well, the thing is, how would you fit even a part of the head through the ribs?
But I like the randomness^^
Like the fluffy wambler killing the bronze collossus...
greetz
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17