Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you use Unarmed Fighting - This can be Wrestling, Striking, a Blend...

Yes, Always
- 55 (15.8%)
Yes, Sometimes
- 194 (55.7%)
Yes, But Only If I Need To
- 43 (12.4%)
No, I Prefer Weaponry
- 50 (14.4%)
Other
- 6 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 348

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Unarmed Combat - How Many People Here Use It?  (Read 36080 times)

Tsukana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unarmed Combat - How Many People Here Use It?
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2011, 12:17:43 am »

Nor are children, for that matter.

Getting one shotted by them is fairly normal for me.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2011, 09:17:58 am »

Elves are never innocent.
I never said they were. I mean, sure, they're a bit stuck-up about how people use trees and how they're picky when others try to trade them wooden goods, and how they send a siege at the slightest of offense.

No, they're not innocent most times. On my way to where a forest retreat was supposed to be, I was ambushed by a group of elves. There were several elven soldiers, among them an axeman and a hammerman (what?). They had METAL weapons to use against me and my companions (again, what?), neither of which makes any sense whatsoever.

And children and peasants and other townspeople are innocent, too.
Getting one shotted by them is fairly normal for me.
That's 'cause you're pissin' off them AND THEIR ENTIRE CIVILIZATION!!!!! *sighs* Idiots...

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2011, 03:05:31 pm »

That's 'cause you're pissin' off them AND THEIR ENTIRE CIVILIZATION!!!!! *sighs* Idiots...

Wait a minute, I'm feeling your enthusiasm but you CAN'T seriously mean we have to preemptively kill their entire civilization. I mean I get it as a concept but just killing that many people doesn't seem practical. It would take work but maybe with like an adventure mode succession game and dozens of heroes going town to town murdering people in their sleep we could pull it off. I applaud your audacity! If we all come together we no longer have to fear being killed by elves or children.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2011, 03:38:22 pm »

Wait a minute, I'm feeling your enthusiasm but you CAN'T seriously mean we have to preemptively kill their entire civilization. I mean I get it as a concept but just killing that many people doesn't seem practical. It would take work but maybe with like an adventure mode succession game and dozens of heroes going town to town murdering people in their sleep we could pull it off. I applaud your audacity! If we all come together we no longer have to fear being killed by elves or children.
Children are not killers! They are helpful young people! I was once attacked by an alligator, crawled into a house, and everyone, the child included, beat and stabbed the shit out of that gator.

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT KILLING AN ENTIRE CIVILIZATION!!!!!!!!!! And I don't mean it, you bloody idiot!!!!! And you can't even get at a bloody elven settlement! How's killin' 'em even possible!!!???!!??!?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2011, 04:15:49 pm »

Children are not killers! They are helpful young people! I was once attacked by an alligator, crawled into a house, and everyone, the child included, beat and stabbed the shit out of that gator.

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT KILLING AN ENTIRE CIVILIZATION!!!!!!!!!! And I don't mean it, you bloody idiot!!!!! And you can't even get at a bloody elven settlement! How's killin' 'em even possible!!!???!!??!?

I was once attacked by an alligator and I lead it into a house with a lone child, believe me I know children can be excellent shield substitutes and later a source of free albeit bloodstained clothing. But the fact of the matter is they tend to become aggressive when you take their things/limbs.

Also genesis, you haven't lived until you've cut off the phallus of a sleeping elfling.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2011, 04:42:31 pm »

carps are apparently a GREAT way to train striking as long as you know how to swim, i been punching one in the upper and lower body for forever now and the thing just wont die

yea as long as you don't punch em in the head they take FOREVER to bleed out, lots of striker and kicker exp yeah!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 04:50:56 pm by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2011, 08:52:37 pm »

You can Gen out an Elven City using an Older Version, then just use it in the Newer one.

Also, if you just churn out a Small Island, one person can most definately one-man-army the entire filthy pitiful Elven race.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Militia? Oh, you mean *serrated steel discs*
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2011, 02:24:21 am »

I thought it was impossible to kill an entire race unless you mod out each settlement you 'conquer', since they just spawn new inhabitants once you leave.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2011, 02:24:49 am »

I thought it was impossible to kill an entire race unless you mod out each settlement you 'conquer', since they just spawn new inhabitants once you leave.

Really?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2011, 10:47:31 am »

Really?
If you kill all of the Inhabitants of a Town, they generally dont come back.
Try it - Ive killed whole Towns without them Respawning when i come back. Unless im missing something here
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Excedion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2011, 08:21:37 pm »

I love bashing peoples legs in till they keel over in pain. Then chucking useless crap i stole from the craft shop at them till they die.

Apart from kicking and punching I find unarmed combat like wresting is too much effort.
If adamantine is perfectly rigid, as shown by having 0 strain at fracture in the raw files, then the speed of sound in the metal approaches the speed of light. Adamantine musical instruments would produce ultrasonic vibrations, and cut off the fingers of the musician.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2011, 10:55:13 pm »

Typically, when I play the genesis mod, I keep all of my weapons and defensive gear on one hand through shenanigans, keeping the other hand empty for choking necks and, for lack of a better term, inappropriate touching/ripping of bodyparts.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2011, 08:55:33 am »

Typically, when I play the genesis mod, I keep all of my weapons and defensive gear on one hand through shenanigans, keeping the other hand empty for choking necks and, for lack of a better term, inappropriate touching/ripping of bodyparts.
Eh?
Whats Inappropriate about Molesting your Victims?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2011, 09:12:24 am »

Eh?

Yeah why?   ;)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2011, 09:12:57 am »

Eh?
I wish ripping dicks off wasn't such a good strategy, I never feel good about it but it always works.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17