Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Volcanos?  (Read 1142 times)

eastc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Volcanos?
« on: August 15, 2011, 10:45:20 am »

I started a new embark somewhere I thought would be a good place for a bunch of dwarfs to die a horrible death in a few years. There was a extremely high (*) cliff nearby and I thought it might make a decent place. As I was looking at it I saw a red squiggle and I thought, "Oh a mini desert." Turns out it was magma. A magma tower about 1800z levels.

Upon starting it rapidly began to flood the plain that the wagon had started on. The motivated dwarfs were able to get all their gear to high ground before the magma reached them and I was wondering if it would cover the entire map before my fps dropped to 2 and I gave up waiting.

Anyway, I wondered if this was a bug. A 1800z level volcano tower seems odd and my map didn't mark an active volcano.

On an unrelated note... is there a way to replay a map w/o reclaiming?

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Volcanos?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 11:00:54 am »

I started a new embark somewhere I thought would be a good place for a bunch of dwarfs to die a horrible death in a few years. There was a extremely high (*) cliff nearby and I thought it might make a decent place. As I was looking at it I saw a red squiggle and I thought, "Oh a mini desert." Turns out it was magma. A magma tower about 1800z levels.

Upon starting it rapidly began to flood the plain that the wagon had started on. The motivated dwarfs were able to get all their gear to high ground before the magma reached them and I was wondering if it would cover the entire map before my fps dropped to 2 and I gave up waiting.

Anyway, I wondered if this was a bug. A 1800z level volcano tower seems odd and my map didn't mark an active volcano.

On an unrelated note... is there a way to replay a map w/o reclaiming?
1) It's a bug. I've found floating islands of Slade before.
2) Yes. Copypasta the world and rename it "World 2", or whatever the next highest number you have is.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

OMGTANGERINES

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 11:34:13 am »

A 1800z level volcano tower

We should find that adamantine spire and have these two get married.
We were hoping for a constant fort at some point, having players in different time zones so that the fort never actually stopped running.  Come back overnight and find a giant penis has been constructed.  Glory to the penis gods.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 01:49:37 pm »

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 01:58:20 pm »

Or to Armok's whisker!
They're the same thing.
There has been a pretty bunch of spires, this is one that hits the top of the map  ;)

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 02:33:22 pm »

Or to Armok's whisker!
They're the same thing.
There has been a pretty bunch of spires, this is one that hits the top of the map  ;)
welp, now im downloading it. adamantine-clad fortress. lets take bets on how long it takes to get to 1,000,000,000 dorfbux

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 02:37:43 pm »

Or to Armok's whisker!
They're the same thing.
welp, now im downloading it. adamantine-clad fortress. lets take bets on how long it takes to get to 1,000,000,000 dorfbux
Two in-game years.

Gyvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 03:21:54 pm »

Or to Armok's whisker!
They're the same thing.
Two in-game years.

Which, considering how badly candy spires rape FPS, will take 5 RL years.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 03:23:24 pm »

Or to Armok's whisker!
They're the same thing.
Two in-game years.

Which, considering how badly candy spires rape FPS, will take 5 RL years.
I don't know how good your cores are, so I can only guess using in-game time.  :P

eastc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 07:09:59 pm »

I wouldn't have minded it if it didn't also spew lava. I actually wouldn't mind the spewing lava either if it didn't drop my fps to 5. :(