Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 880 881 [882] 883 884 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1598302 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #13215 on: January 19, 2017, 07:43:44 pm »

Dark Sun in Skyrim's engine

Landscape would be easy; it's all desert.  :P

I really wish Skyrim worked on Mac... I'm feeling the urge... the urge to MAP!!!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13216 on: January 19, 2017, 07:56:37 pm »

Wouldnt it work on the OSX port of wine?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13217 on: January 19, 2017, 08:40:49 pm »

Wouldnt it work on the OSX port of wine?

Maybe. I think there may be a tutorial out there for just that. Hmmm.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #13218 on: January 19, 2017, 11:56:47 pm »

Dark Sun in Skyrim's engine

Landscape would be easy; it's all desert.  :P

I really wish Skyrim worked on Mac... I'm feeling the urge... the urge to MAP!!!
It is actually pretty fun to just map in Skyrim :o

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13219 on: January 21, 2017, 01:10:04 pm »

Started playing this again.  Doing the SE because apparently owning hearthfire was enough for bethesda to decide I deserve all the dlc.  Good ol skyrim, 3 years since I last played and you still can't throw a rock without hitting some kind of oversexualization mod.

Just can't find better models without having to trawl through half a dozen mods that give women breasts the size of watermelons, backsides the size of a horse or giving guys a package that probably hurts when it scrapes along the ground.

I guess la femme lycana is alright. It did kinda bug me that all the werewolves shared the same model. "I'm sure you can recognize [redacted] even in her beast form." 'No dude, I can't.   Looks like a dude man.'  So that fixes that without being oversexualized or rated X.  But there must have been a dozen that were.

Anyone know any improved model mods that don't sexualize things?  Preferably keeping the underwear on?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13220 on: January 21, 2017, 01:21:16 pm »

Anyone know any improved model mods that don't sexualize things?  Preferably keeping the underwear on?
CBBE (Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Edition) is pretty much the go-to, just install the Vanilla and NeverNude options. Same proportions, but much better models, and sort of decent but still a bit too modern for my tastes underwear. Basically every mod that does the "sexualization" does come with underwear options. Including Better Males. You just usually have to look at the very bottom of the optional files list.

If you go for CBBE, remember to grab the compatible vanilla armors/clothing mod, called Caliente's Vanilla Outfits. Just the same designs, no extra skin shown, updated for higher-detail base models.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13221 on: January 21, 2017, 01:26:02 pm »

Awesome, thanks I kept seeing it mentioned in other mods, but when I went to it the images all looked like they were from a playboy magazine, so Ididn't think it would work.   Always hard to tell there's underwear in the mod when all the preview images look like something out of a skinmag.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13222 on: January 21, 2017, 01:33:27 pm »

That's because you have to fiddle around with an external program called bodyslide to actually build the body, and most of the people taking pictures are manchildren who've never seen a naked woman outside of those skinrags.  So they anime the living hell out of their waifus.

I'd honestly suggest UNP tho', no messing around in an external program, it is glammed up and I can't recall if there are any non-nude textures floating around, but it does actually look like a human female body, if an idealized one.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 01:35:33 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13223 on: January 21, 2017, 01:37:31 pm »

CBBE (Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Edition) is pretty much the go-to, just install the Vanilla and NeverNude options. Same proportions, but much better models, and sort of decent but still a bit too modern for my tastes underwear. Basically every mod that does the "sexualization" does come with underwear options. Including Better Males. You just usually have to look at the very bottom of the optional files list.

If you go for CBBE, remember to grab the compatible vanilla armors/clothing mod, called Caliente's Vanilla Outfits. Just the same designs, no extra skin shown, updated for higher-detail base models.

CBBE actually does come with underwear that resembles the vanilla, not just the swimsuit bikinis.

I'd honestly suggest UNP tho', no messing around in an external program, it is glammed up and I can't recall if there are any non-nude textures floating around, but it does actually look like a human female body, if an idealized one.

I've never had to use Bodyslide with CBBE.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13224 on: January 21, 2017, 01:48:01 pm »

CBBE actually does come with underwear that resembles the vanilla, not just the swimsuit bikinis.
Yes I know, that's the NeverNude. I've gotten to a point where I don't actually remember what stock Skyrim underwear looks like tbh, but the one CBBE considers universe-appropriate still seems too modern for me. The level of sophistication you see in Skyrim, I'd expect women to have chest wraps or simple cloth garments at most, not a 19th-20th century design bra that seems to have been made from sack cloth.
Yes I am very nitpicky. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13225 on: January 21, 2017, 01:49:05 pm »

Sure, you can download an extra dozen files with presets, or you can download three built exactly to the body's spec.  I know which I'm doing.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13226 on: January 21, 2017, 01:50:02 pm »

Honestly, I remember CBBE having like three sliders or something for ridiculously big breasts. One slider wasn't enough, apparently.

Yes I know, that's the NeverNude. I've gotten to a point where I don't actually remember what stock Skyrim underwear looks like tbh, but the one CBBE considers universe-appropriate still seems too modern for me. The level of sophistication you see in Skyrim, I'd expect women to have chest wraps or simple cloth garments at most, not a 19th-20th century design bra that seems to have been made from sack cloth.
Yes I am very nitpicky. :P
I'm pretty sure that's what the vanilla textures look like, though :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13227 on: January 21, 2017, 01:50:17 pm »

Actually looks like CBBE does not work in SE yet, so looks like I'll be trying out UNB.  Thanks for the advice!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13228 on: January 21, 2017, 03:20:48 pm »

It's worth noting that unless you have armor/clothing mods that adapt them to your chosen body, you'll never even see it unless you're naked. (In other words, unmodded armor/clothing uses the vanilla body shape, it isn't magically layered on top of your body (at least in standard skyrim. I have no idea about the special edition, I don't meet the sysreqs))
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 03:23:02 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13229 on: January 21, 2017, 03:44:18 pm »

Yea those are where I saw the comments about CBBE from. 

I'm only using immersive armors, everything else with those are vanilla.  IA claims to autodetect bodymods and use different versions for different bodymods.

CBBE is specifically mentioned, not UNP, but since CBBE is the only one mentioned by name, it uses plural when mentioning bodymods, and not noticing any significant weight gain between ranger armor and vanilla glass armor, I think it's good.  If I notice any oddities I'll probably have to see if there's any way to move cbbe to SE.
Pages: 1 ... 880 881 [882] 883 884 ... 896