Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1598409 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #13170 on: December 20, 2016, 01:16:16 pm »

When even the biggest cities in the province have populations that number in the double digits, I think they can be forgiven.

Seriously, what's with town guards? I love their dialogue and all, but why all dudes? Did all the women run off and join the Stormcloaks or something? They just have one big communal sleeping area, and spend their whole lives wearing a full face helmet? Zero social life, man.

My cousin's out fighting dragons, and what do I get? Guard duty.

depends on the location o think, i've never seen a female guard in solitude but i recall seeing some in markarth, riften, windhelm and i think morthal or dawnstar.

solitude, whiterun and raven rock seem to be locked on male guards only for that matter.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13171 on: December 20, 2016, 05:23:40 pm »

To be fair, most of Winterhold did slide into the ocean...

But yeah, it's still an improvement over fallout 3.
I find this amusing because I recently started (finally!) playing Fallout 3. I also recently got Skyrim  in the discount bin at Walmart.  For my PS3 though, because I'm both behind the times and cheap.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13172 on: December 20, 2016, 06:29:51 pm »

My favorite unintentionally hilarious NPC-speech moment in Skyrim involved the courier.

There used to be a bug in which he would arrive without clothes. I turned a corner, ran smack into him standing in the deep snow wearing nothing but his undies. He does not break eye contact and says "Nope.... nothin'...".
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13173 on: December 20, 2016, 07:30:02 pm »

a hilarious one was recently shown to me.

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_ohvxar791l1tib7ms_480.mp4#_=_

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13174 on: December 20, 2016, 07:39:55 pm »

My favorite unintentionally hilarious NPC-speech moment in Skyrim involved the courier.

There used to be a bug in which he would arrive without clothes. I turned a corner, ran smack into him standing in the deep snow wearing nothing but his undies. He does not break eye contact and says "Nope.... nothin'...".
It was even better
"I've been looking for you (desu).  Got something I'm supposed to deliver - your hands only~"
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13175 on: December 20, 2016, 07:46:35 pm »

Ick..  Ick

>.< 

Not like the game doesn't have overt sexual references though. Not as bad as oblivion's necrophilia reference, but the markarth statue fondling spree that sanguine has you go on was pretty funny to wake up to. The reaction of the temple clerics when you visit is golden.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13176 on: December 25, 2016, 11:15:20 pm »

I've decided to finally take the jump and start playing Skyrim the way it should be: modded to the brink of death.

What mods should I get/do I need? What should I avoid? Should I use default or Special Edition?

I've never touched the modding scene before, so I've absolutely no idea where to even start.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13177 on: December 25, 2016, 11:30:59 pm »

Default still seems to be the best for mods.

I recommend:

SkyUI (Requires SKSE but then so do most mods)

Fores New Idles in Skyrim and XMPSE are prerequisites for some popular mods

Joy of Perspective for muh immershin

Any body replacer, I use CBBE and am thinking about installing Better Males. Nudity is optional.

RaceMenu

KS Hairdos (men, women) (with the additional physics hairs, if you don't mind extra setup)

Everybody's Different. Buggy and kind of a pain to set up, but totally worth it in my opinion. Distributes all them fancy hairstyles among NPCs, also randomizes height and weight and stuff.

Horses for Followers

Realistic Ragdolls and Force

Enhanced Blood Textures

Also I forgot to mention USLEEP. I'm not clear on what happens if you have one DLC but not the others, or if you start with the base game and then get the DLC. But it's essential.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 11:42:02 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Balistic604

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13178 on: December 26, 2016, 12:14:59 am »

I had something similar happen to me. Courier showed up wearing no clothes and told me "I have something for you, your hands only".
Dwarf Fortress: The only place you'll find complaints about NOT dying.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13179 on: December 26, 2016, 05:31:55 am »

Also I forgot to mention USLEEP. I'm not clear on what happens if you have one DLC but not the others, or if you start with the base game and then get the DLC. But it's essential.
USLEEP only functions if you have all of the official DLC installed, but it doesn't matter if you picked them up individually or got the whole set as part of the legendary edition. If you don't have one of the DLC's you will need to use the older USP and the individual patches for each DLC.

In either case, after grabbing the patches follow the link in the mod description to "Bug Fixes Recommended in Addition to the Unofficial Patches". Most of those listed there are also worth installing.

In addition to those above I'd recommend Purity - Covers weather, exterior natural lighting, water & waterfalls.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13180 on: December 26, 2016, 06:24:04 am »

Purity is fantastic, I'd absolutely recommend it, if only for the fact that it stops the waterfall's distant LOD looking like a slab of ice.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13181 on: December 26, 2016, 07:42:33 am »

So, should I start modding my Skyrim again now or should I wait for mods to become HD Edition compatible?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13182 on: December 26, 2016, 07:54:33 am »

So, should I start modding my Skyrim again now or should I wait for mods to become HD Edition compatible?
The main issue with modding for the special edition is that SkyUI isn't going to be ported over, barring some new team coming in to do it. That means no common mod menu interface.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13183 on: December 26, 2016, 01:55:49 pm »

The main issue with modding for the special edition is that SkyUI isn't going to be ported over, barring some new team coming in to do it. That means no common mod menu interface.
Do these mods not do that?

There's already UI mods on the nexus that duplicate the major bits of it for SE

EDIT: Here's the ones I use:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5224/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3865/?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13184 on: December 26, 2016, 02:48:12 pm »

Here's a way you can get SkyUI v2.2 to work on the Special Edition without SKSE.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 896