Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 [865] 866 867 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1597930 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12960 on: October 08, 2016, 05:11:00 pm »

Salvaging the thread from the second page because good news: Sony came around and PS4 peasants can now have mods in their Skyrim (and Fallout).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12961 on: October 08, 2016, 05:25:05 pm »

Welcome to 2011, console users!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12962 on: October 08, 2016, 05:37:28 pm »

Well the empire is gonna be a bit busy for a little while considering a mysterious, handsome stranger ripped out the trachea of the Emporer
(Huehuehuehuehuehue)

In my case, the Emperor was found with his head smashed in against the floor boards. Some karatecat snuck in, grabbed him 'round the waist and whaam! Succession crisis.

(I made a dagger out of his guard captain, but I felt I didn't have enough of a vendetta against Empz to pony up for another black soul gem)

Welcome to 2011, console users!

It's 2016, but with less of the cack!®

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12963 on: October 08, 2016, 07:03:03 pm »

Is there a mod that allows you to pose NPCs? I already have Puppeteer to make them play animations, what I'm looking for is something where you can grab and move individual bones in their skeleton to precisely pose them for screenshots.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12964 on: October 08, 2016, 07:28:26 pm »

Proably not.
I have heard that the 0SEX or whatever it's called OSA (the OSA is just 0SEX stripped from the sex to be relaseable on Nexus, the creator originally relased it on LoversLab so yes, be prepared that it's easily useable for less-than-safe-for-work purposes) is some sort of breakthrough and pretty great thing.
Still not what you want, I belive.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12965 on: October 08, 2016, 07:29:04 pm »

Salvaging the thread from the second page because good news: Sony came around and PS4 peasants can now have mods in their Skyrim (and Fallout).

You will not be able to upload external assets with your PlayStation 4 mods, but you will be able to use any assets that come with the game, as most mods do

...I'm not even sure that can be counted as proper modding support.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12966 on: October 08, 2016, 07:31:31 pm »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12967 on: October 08, 2016, 07:56:37 pm »

I don't think it's even PC Master Race to be confused by TES games on console.  I certainly wouldn't play a TES game without the option of mods.  Period.  Even with the M&K controls I'm used to.

I played New Vegas and Fallout 3 mod-free, but then I installed a bunch of mods and had a better experience.  And the interface in those was... well, not as important and awful.  It was at least nifty.  Oblivion and Skyrim it was just baaaad, and reeked of console influence.

Bleh.
Anyway, I came here to post a nice thing, not that...  It's a Prequel thing.  I love the music in this one, and also the dialogue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBhEWULT85Q&feature=youtu.be&t=174 (skipped to the start of the music)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12968 on: October 08, 2016, 08:53:21 pm »

I find Fallout 3 and NV are totally playable without mods, although those aren't as bad as vanilla Skyrim by a long shot.

I beat Morrowind on Xbox without mods or even expansions, and I don't think I could do it again. The text was too small and caused a lot of eyestrain, and picking up single gold pieces or soul gems was agony with the thumbsticks. Not to mention the game's appearance sans Better Bodies.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12969 on: October 08, 2016, 09:03:31 pm »

I think the body and face mods for Morrowind look really off. Dunno why, but I just do. I'm not bothered by the vanilla faces, so there's that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12970 on: October 09, 2016, 04:47:43 am »

Anyway, I came here to post a nice thing, not that...  It's a Prequel thing.  I love the music in this one, and also the dialogue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBhEWULT85Q&feature=youtu.be&t=174 (skipped to the start of the music)
I totally downloaded this music when the Flash first came out because it's great.

I think the body and face mods for Morrowind look really off. Dunno why, but I just do. I'm not bothered by the vanilla faces, so there's that.
Combining forced fake high-quality body and face textures with shit-quality everything else?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12971 on: October 10, 2016, 10:35:31 pm »

Still waiting on proper high-res packs for FO4, so I came back to my old flame and found it surprisingly satisfying.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12972 on: October 17, 2016, 10:42:24 pm »

After watching the last fight of Stardust Crusaders, suddenly horrifically disappoint that there isn't a mod that changes the Slow Time shout to ZA WARUDO

I SPOKE TOO SOON
IT LIVES: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77709/?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 10:45:49 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12973 on: October 17, 2016, 11:11:44 pm »

http://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Despite it being called Skyrim ANIME overhaul. Honestly, the bigger focus is on gameplay, challenge, graphics. You'll die as much as a roguelike, no joke. If you don't cheat, its hard as hell. Both version 1 and 2 need a hefty, need very good PC to run it as well. However, version 2 runs a bit better and is more stable. Especially a good CPU, most important hardware for Skyrim in general. And at minimum 4gb of video ram.

Can find the download links in the description. They are hefty downloads.

Version 1 is the "original" mod compilation. It came out years ago by someone named Appolyn/fabiencolombo (same person) and it was only available on torrent. Was posting on loverslab, but got deleted. Didn't make any changes if I recall. If I did, it would be really minor stuff. I DID remove the skyrim.exe, DLC files and most of the vanilla skyrim stuff that gets installed through steam since appolyn included all that. Otherwise, the mod itself should be as it was when I got it. Pretty much, his mod...changes most characters to female (and Monli females at that, so for those who know that race, yup. Google it if not :P)

Oh, version 1 DOES use Mod organizer. That was the only major difference. Mod organizer wasn't even close to a thing when the mod was made.

And originally it changed the language to japanesee instead of english voices. But when I reinstalled it recently, it didn't work like that, but I know it used to so maybe something else was messing with it. Or maybe that part of it got changed or something, OR its because I took out all the vanilla skyrim .exe and stuff out of his mod. Dunno lol.

You'll find running around, dragons...dragons everywhere. Don't matter if you did any quest, level 1 and just started. Dragons. Terrible terrible dragons. Plus tons of other nasty stuff. You CAN however go around the dragons, and go around far enough they won't aggro. But still, death, lots of death.

Version 1 does not include Dawnguard/Dragonborn addons that Appolyn made with his mod (he made a bunch of custom stuff for it). They are a separate download on moddb. Dawnguard honestly I don't remember what Appolyn did with it. I think he changed vampire lord's appearance or something and other stuff. Dragonborn he changed Khajiits to a different race, new quests, new items and some other stuff.

Version 2 (which can be found in moddb description of the mod...its over 20gb) is a modernized, "enhanced" version that I did myself using version 1 as a base. I got rid of unofficial patches, replaced it with that new unofficial patch whatever its called. Updated a bunch of out of date mods, got rid of some of them that either sucked or bad for the game (like crimson blood). Added a bunch of mods. A better ENB that looks a lot better, but also performs a lot better (grim and somber azura, which I find looks great but loses very little performance). Added a new race, and there is a surprise character preset through racemenu (or you can just load the save, ends up being the same lol).

Changed the Monli in version 2 to be less creepy, and look more like an adult. Vastly better body quality and textures anyway. If you didn't google monli (which actually I didn't look, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of my screenshots showed up rofl), I'm sure you get the idea of Monli now lol. Too creepy for me, so I made monli an adult. HDT physics because what mod compilation doesn't have HDT? Its used in armor/hair as well (though hair is buggy with it, but HDT armor looks epic). And...lets see...well Dawnguard/Dragonborn addons are included. I added some additional SKSE tools for a more stable game. And...well some other stuff.

Version 2 overall though, despite having quite a bit more mods, is actually a lot more stable. And performs better. I still get terrible FPS, because my CPU is old and sucks. It isn't really Appolyn's original vision though. But my own take on his mod comp, modernized and better stability.

Oh and actually, I dunno if I added Falskaar or not...but I should have. I know I added Wyrmstooth/Moonpath to Elsweyr and some other ones. I added a bunch of new lands to version 2, since version 1 didn't have any. And the new lands add a lot of playtime and exploration to the game. Some quest mods too. But I didn't want to go overboard, so I only picked the "best" (popular) ones that are known to not cause issues. Plus the mod comp was getting close to being kinda script heavy (version 1 is too), so while its still really stable...if I added too many more mods, it would decrease stability. With that said, I forgot to add Frostfall (pretty sure), definitely forgot to add Hunterborn (best hunting mod for any game ever). I added those to my own game, and its still fine.

Won't be the biggest mod comp out there, like perfectly modded is stupidely big at over 300 mods (merged a lot of them) and I don't find it nearly as stable. However, anime skyrim used to be the rarest, hardest to find (if at all even possible) mod compilation for all of Skyrim. And his dawnguard/dragonborn addons couldn't even be found on google at all. It was just gone. I since re-uploaded Appolyn's stuff, to let his mod live on through the test of time. Then took version 1 and modernized it, and changed it to how I like skyrim. Plus better stability is always a bonus.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12974 on: October 17, 2016, 11:17:04 pm »

And finally. Since that post was getting long.

Version 1 requires a bit more manual work. I think I included instructions in the mod page.

Version 2 is literally copying the skyrim folder over (like appolyn's original version 1 worked, before I changed that) to your steam skyrim directory (it still needs skyrim from steam! Won't help you otherwise, though it does kinda include everything because I was lazy like appolyn was and just zipped it all up. Didn't want to spend hours finding every single skyrim file. But it will still need steam :P It is a legit skyrim copy, so steam will be required), opening up mod organizer, selecting "anime" profile. And...that is it. Launch skse_launcher through mod organizer and it should boot up. Don't launch SKSE launcher from its own .exe, it needs to be launched through mod organizer.

Also delete the HD texture addons that come with skyrim (they are in .bsa and .esp format). Those cause too many problems, and likely to cause massive issues with the mod pack. And obviously if its not a clean skyrim install and you have a bunch of mods. Well, expect crashes or issues in game.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 [865] 866 867 ... 896