Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 843 844 [845] 846 847 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1598863 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12660 on: August 08, 2016, 03:36:41 am »

In a similar vein:

What are some good add-on followers, and mods to follower behavior in general? Specifically I'd like something that makes it so followers actually die rather than dropping to one knee and enemies ignoring them until they get up.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12661 on: August 08, 2016, 04:38:31 am »

Graphics wise I have a few:

- Skyrim Flore Overhaul
- Static Mesh Improvement Mod
- A Quality World Map
- Skyrim HD -2K Textures
- Footprints
- SkyUI

I also have ESBoost installed. It's a... uh...  series of settings that uses different graphical adjustments for shadows, lighting and the like. I don't really know how to explain it. Before that I had "Realistic Lighting Overhaul". I tend to be a bit hesitant about graphical mods as I don't like soft filters, depth of field, motion blur or how dark some of those mods make things. It is best, I think, to look around and see which ones you like the most.

For armour and weapons:

- Perfect Legionnaire - Imperial Armour Reforged    (Might have been added because of another mod)
- Daedric Lord Armour by Natterforme (Because Morrowind Daedric armour looks so neat)
- Immersive Armours
- Immersive Weapons  (Immersive is a word thrown about quite a lot with mods. The armour and weapons look nice though and add variety, though some stand out as unfitting for Skyrim)

New Quests:
I don't have mods for the quests themselves, but some of the overhaul mods I have add new quest lines

- Undeath  (Adds quests and skills to becoming a lich.  Needs a compatability mod for Perkus Maximus)
- Moonlight Tales - Werewolf and Werebear Overhaul    (Adds new mechanics for were creatures. My favorite is random time after nightfall to transform.)
- Vampiric Thirst - Dawnguard Edition   (New mechanics for vampires. A lot of abilities like increasing strength, jump height, toughness as well as increasing reflexes/slowing time and gaining power the more times you feed. Also doesn't make vampires overly pretty, keeping them how they look in the base game.)
- Immersive College of Winterhold

For bug fixes the only one I really have is the "Unofficial Skyrim Patch". Anything else is to fix specific issues between other mods. There's another called "Skyrim Shadow Striping Fix" but I don't know whether that problem continues since I got my new graphics card.

I don't have any mods to modify steath itself, though:

- Perkus Maximus - Maximum Perk Overhaul    (Changes perks across skills, so it does have an effect on stealth.)

That's all the major ones really. A few others like "Moonpath of Elsweyr", "Wyrmstooth" and "Falkskaar" but I can't remember enough of those to comment much.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12662 on: August 08, 2016, 04:56:41 am »

For bug fixes, you just want the unofficial Skyrim patch and the unofficial DLC patches. Also, Safety Load. You can load if you want to, you can leave your friends behind...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12663 on: August 08, 2016, 06:03:10 am »

Skyrim has a disgustingly long list of mods so can I get some suggestions to make me want to play again?

I want:

- Disgustingly good graphics
- New quests
- Bug fixes
- New armor and weapons
- Stealth features, as I find the sneaking aspect to be underwhelming
- No joke mods, like replacing all dragons with tom the train trains.

1- I honestly don't use graphics mods besides SMIM, Purity, Quality World Map and SkyUI. Bear in mind that running ENBs is a pretty heavy performance hit; my 960 loses about 20fps with Project ENB.
2 - The Forgotten City, Wheels of Lull, Spectraverse are the three quest mods that immediately come to mind.
3 - USLEEP (unofficial skyrim legendary edition patch) and similar patches corresponding to your DLC setup.
4 - Immersive Armours is alright, I guess. There are a few that look a bit odd, but for the most part, they're enjoyable.
5 - uh, Ordinator? Sneak gets a bunch of cool little gimmicks like tripwires and oil drops. Ordinator is similar to the other Perk mods, but I just like it more.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12664 on: August 08, 2016, 06:09:31 am »

Skyrim has a disgustingly long list of mods so can I get some suggestions to make me want to play again?

I want:

- Disgustingly good graphics
- New quests
- Bug fixes
- New armor and weapons
- Stealth features, as I find the sneaking aspect to be underwhelming
- No joke mods, like replacing all dragons with tom the train trains.
2 - The Forgotten City, Wheels of Lull, Spectraverse are the three quest mods that immediately come to mind.
Also Moonpath to Elsweyr?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12665 on: August 08, 2016, 06:37:09 am »

Eh... I felt like while it was an impressive mod from many standpoints, its quests were quite weak. "Go here, kill Thalmor. Go here, kill Imga. Go here, kill this one Sload."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12666 on: August 08, 2016, 09:02:50 am »

That's all the major ones really. A few others like "Moonpath of Elsweyr"
Moonpath is shit. It's just a big dungeon with an integrated house, bad level scaling and horrible butchering of lore.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12667 on: August 08, 2016, 09:34:19 am »

Graphics: Automatic Variants
     I highly recommend it. It's a bit of a pain to set up, but once it's done you have creatures in-game that aren't all visual clones of each other. It's amazing. Plus it's set up so that you can add or remove other folks' textures, so you're not stuck with just a few pre-set variants.

Gameplay: When Dragons Attack, When Vampires Attack
    I'm not too big on gameplay mods, but these are useful. They modify NPC AI so that civilians run and hide during attacks rather than going full suicide-berserker.

Chesko's Wearable Lantern is also nice, and... Birds of Skyrim? I like birds.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12668 on: August 08, 2016, 10:20:14 am »

Oh, yes, wearable lanterns are great, especially if you install a mod that makes dungeons darker. You can also use candlelight, but that spells is far too bright for my tastes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12669 on: August 09, 2016, 04:37:05 pm »

I really like the idea of summons.  A lot.  Initially from Final Fantasy 4, then Oblivion and DND 3.5e.  Especially since the summoned creature is generally invulnerable, merely desummoned when mortally wounded.

Anyway.  The writing of this felt off, too meta for TES (CHIM aside), and sure enough it's from TES Online.  But still, it was a fun read for me.
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/I_was_Summoned_by_a_Mortal
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12670 on: August 09, 2016, 04:52:07 pm »

I really like the idea of summons.  A lot.  Initially from Final Fantasy 4, then Oblivion and DND 3.5e.  Especially since the summoned creature is generally invulnerable, merely desummoned when mortally wounded.

Anyway.  The writing of this felt off, too meta for TES (CHIM aside), and sure enough it's from TES Online.  But still, it was a fun read for me.
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/I_was_Summoned_by_a_Mortal
TESO has pretty good lore, despite all the hate it got because a dev misspoke about the whole in-universe retcon of Cyrodiil from jungle to forest. In short, the whole deal was that one author in TESO (whose every book is dedicated to nay-saying another author because she refused to sleep with him) wrote that the whole thing was a "bureaucratic error", and the dev got mixed up.

Also damn it, use UESP or, for books, The Imperial Library. eswikia is crap.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12671 on: August 09, 2016, 06:17:32 pm »

It wasn't a dev misspeaking, it was a marketing person AFAIK. They just took one of the books from the game literally, even though there's a book outright refuting it also in the game.

And yeah, that same author (Phrastus of Elinhir, pretty clearly some curmudgeonly elite Redguard) also said that all civilized peoples in Tamriel shun the worship Daedra, as if the Khajiit and Ashlanders don't exist (and his opposing author, lady Cinnabar of Taneth, probably another curmudgeonly elite Redguard but with opposing political views, called him out on that).

ESO's books are frigging amazing.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 06:19:48 pm by Putnam »

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #12672 on: August 10, 2016, 09:39:44 am »

Wandered the depths of the wiki, found the uncensored version of The Real Barenziah. 0_o Never looking at a khajit the same way again

Also, anyone else think that Lord Sanguine and Sheogorath are probably best buds? I can imagine the inebriated conversations they have:

Sheo: CHEESE!
Sang: BOOZE!
Sheo: WABBAJACK!
Sang: GOATS!
Sheo: SPLEENS!
Sang: LIVERS!
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12673 on: August 10, 2016, 09:43:21 pm »

So, I bought this and all the DLC apparently. A year ago... maybe? I'unno; I never actually installed it nor played it. I mean, I did play the game on console for a little bit, but I never actually seriously played it. So, if I were to start playing this game fully (should I wait? I heard something about a better-looking version coming out or something), any mods that I should grab? Bugfixes naturally, but anything else?
Grab the unofficial patch and play it like that for a bit, see what you do and don't like. Then, armed with that knowledge, come back and ask more specific questions.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12674 on: August 10, 2016, 10:40:33 pm »

In a similar vein:

What are some good add-on followers, and mods to follower behavior in general? Specifically I'd like something that makes it so followers actually die rather than dropping to one knee and enemies ignoring them until they get up.

Are you looking for functional minions, or NPCs with character/quests?

When it comes to follower mods I've always been a big fan of iNPC (for 'Interesting NPCS'), which arguably provides both. If I recall it's a pretty gigantic download because of all the voicework, but it adds a little over two dozen custom-voiced followers, some of whom (looks like 8, according to the mod's wiki) have their own custom questlines and further-fleshed out personalities. It also adds a whole bunch of non-follower NPCs that exist solely to provide a few more colorful characters to talk to.

I haven't experienced all of them, so can't vouch for 100% of the content, but from what I have the followers were almost all pretty good and meshed in well with the world. The non-follower NPCs were sometimes a little more hit or miss in terms of quality, but on the whole still net-positive. Voice acting was usually decent, sometimes not, but not horrible.

As to making all followers no longer take a knee and fight until the bitter end... honestly not sure at all, sorry. Technically many (most?) can still die, just that enemies almost always ignore them after they take that knee. A bit of friendly fire can sort out who's essential and who isn't, or at least I've accidentally killed a few vanilla followers that way.
Pages: 1 ... 843 844 [845] 846 847 ... 896