Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1598104 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11955 on: March 11, 2015, 04:26:45 am »

I must comment on how different the stealth feels when you aren't on auto speed walk all the time.
I mean, once when I actually used 'Beached whale' movement speed, it was a lot less 'Hope to god they don't hear you before you can sneak attack them' and more skill based, though it still was easy, if a touch boring.
I say this with having the quicksave keys In Deus Ex mapped to Q and E and every other game with them burned into my muscle memory, so take that how you will.

Actually, I'm kinda curious, does the game go into insta-kill mode when you normal sneak attack someone from behind? Because there are a lot fo situations in which I've killed humanoids far above my damage level.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11956 on: March 11, 2015, 04:31:29 am »

Sneak attacks aren't insta-kill but they have a very hefty multiplier so you can often one hit kill things that would normally be very hard.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11957 on: March 11, 2015, 04:56:00 am »

Not just the multiplier, I mean it goes into Kill Cam mode, and my dude slits an enemy humanoids neck, only if I am directly behind them, with a normal sneak attack.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11958 on: March 11, 2015, 05:09:17 am »

Daggers can get that with their stupid-high x12. I've gotten a kill-cam out of them on a successful backstab.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11959 on: March 11, 2015, 05:26:25 am »

Not just the multiplier, I mean it goes into Kill Cam mode, and my dude slits an enemy humanoids neck, only if I am directly behind them, with a normal sneak attack.
I believe the killmove camera is triggered when the damage you're doing exceeds the remaining HP on the target.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11960 on: March 11, 2015, 05:44:01 am »

Daggers can get that with their stupid-high x12. I've gotten a kill-cam out of them on a successful backstab.

x15, and dark brotherhood gloves give another x2 for x30 damage backstab.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11961 on: March 11, 2015, 06:55:00 am »

I believe the killmove camera is triggered when the damage you're doing exceeds the remaining HP on the target.

I also believe this is the case. I will add though that there does seem to be a bit of an additional part that goes by percentage of health left as well. Since it is difficult to determine exact numbers of health left, however, I cannot be sure. It's more something that happens when you've got like 1/10 of their health left or similar.

It's something I've seen when I've been chipping someone's health away with many hits and a power attack seems to deliver more damage than it has before, finishing the enemy off a little early.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11962 on: March 11, 2015, 06:57:32 am »

I think the conditions of it occuring are something like

Your damage > target's remaining HP

and

Target HP < 35% or somesuch

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11963 on: March 11, 2015, 07:04:19 am »

Like how dragons have that instakill bite attack, or how we have that instakill head-stab attack on them.

Also I find sometimes it's more efficient to use two weapons at once for sneak attacks at low levels, so you have a better chance to kill them the first time.
Black lives matter.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11964 on: March 11, 2015, 07:28:08 am »

Reminds me of the time I played an orc rogue. My 'stealth' weapon was a big fucking warhammer.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11965 on: March 11, 2015, 07:30:29 am »

Reminds me of the time I played an orc rogue. My 'stealth' weapon was a big fucking warhammer.
sneakysneakysneakysneakysneakysneakySMASHYSMASHYSMAAAAASHsneakitysneakysneaky
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11966 on: March 11, 2015, 07:33:07 am »

By the end I was wielding a daedric warhammer with some ridiculous enchantment and could OHK most things if I got the sneak attack. It got really silly.

Also by then I was high enough in sneak that I could stealth around in heavy armor.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11967 on: March 11, 2015, 07:35:11 am »

sneakysneakysneakysneakysneakysneakySMASHYSMASHYSMAAAAASHsneakitysneakysneaky

What was that Dark Brotherhood member? Something about how an two handed axe, everyone ending up dead, no witnesses.

Tangently related, I remember an oversight in the rules for one edition of Warhammer 40,000 allowing commanders in terminator armour to be attached to infiltrating squads of scouts.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11968 on: March 11, 2015, 08:16:06 am »

Tangently related, I remember an oversight in the rules for one edition of Warhammer 40,000 allowing commanders in terminator armour to be attached to infiltrating squads of scouts.
_CLANKCLANKCLANKCLANKCLANK_

Yelled at top of lungs to fellow infiltration squaddies with VOX amplified voice: "WE MUST TAKE THEM BY SURPRISE. THEY WILL NEVER HEAR US COMING. FOR THE EMPRAH!"

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11969 on: March 11, 2015, 09:44:07 am »

Bonus points if each soldier yells "SNEAK ATTACK!" every time they swing their giant axes/hammers.
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 896