Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1598752 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11790 on: February 09, 2015, 08:44:45 pm »

I want to see what happens if someone hacks their game and gives themselves infinite Destruction, then Dual Casts the highest level lightning spell on something.
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11791 on: February 09, 2015, 08:46:27 pm »

Don't need to hack, just beef up enchanting. And technically the highest level one is 2H anyway.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11792 on: February 09, 2015, 08:49:29 pm »

Yes, but hacking is for people who want to do something once and not have that ridiculous stat level forever. :P
Black lives matter.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11793 on: February 09, 2015, 08:53:41 pm »

Thank you for listening and furthering your understand of English/Latin. I take my leave now. *Tips hat*

Please don't hate me I just love the English language I'm sorry

*tips hat* m'language

In other skyrim news, I'm finally starting to make headway on getting dragon souls for Bend Will. Miraak's stolen nearly four already. :(

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11794 on: February 09, 2015, 09:20:49 pm »

In other skyrim news, I'm finally starting to make headway on getting dragon souls for Bend Will. Miraak's stolen nearly four already. :(

My most powerful/oldest character had about ~15 dragon souls stolen in a row by Miraak and he couldn't do anything about it because he didn't have the third word of Bend Will to defeat him. Killing that smarmy fucker felt really good. And not just because it finally completed my Dragon Priest mask collection and gave me magic tentacle items.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11795 on: February 09, 2015, 09:24:34 pm »

I found and make good use of a mod that removes the restrictions on what enchantments can be placed on what. Sure it means I can make a suit that reduces magicka costs by 100% but I can't see anything behind my infinitely respawning skeletons.

I should make a suit that reduces destruction by 100%. Always thought I needed to fling more fireballs.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11796 on: February 09, 2015, 09:25:23 pm »

I played the PC version once and after I found the cultists for the first time I decided to go to Solstheim because "why the hell not."

Twenty minutes, several Ash Spawn and one Burnt Spriggan later, I decided I didn't like Solstheim very much.
Black lives matter.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11797 on: February 10, 2015, 12:10:00 am »

I found and make good use of a mod that removes the restrictions on what enchantments can be placed on what. Sure it means I can make a suit that reduces magicka costs by 100% but I can't see anything behind my infinitely respawning skeletons.

I should make a suit that reduces destruction by 100%. Always thought I needed to fling more fireballs.

You can already do that with pure valnilla, IIRC. Its the only thing that makes late-game Destruction magic even sort of viable. Who cares how wimpy your spells are if you can just keep shooting them like a magical machine gun?

And yeah, Solstheim is hardcore. Not quite as hardcore as it was back in TES: III, but still hardcore. Its a really well-made DLC once you're higher level, especially if you played Morrowind.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11798 on: February 10, 2015, 12:14:27 am »

Enchanting Freedom is the mod I use to lift the restrictions. I still do miss older versions of TES where items could cast spells and have charges. Instead I've got a couple rings added by some mod that just have unlimited Night Eye, Ethereal, whole bunch of other game breaking stuff. I mean, you could pretty much make those in Morrowind, it just took time and resources. Nothing quite so fancy in Skyrim.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11799 on: February 10, 2015, 12:16:23 am »

There was some restrictions like those enchantments that combine magicka school cost reduction and magicka regeneration could only be placed on chest pieces and something like Fortify Block can only be placed on gloves, rings, amulets and shields and not on helmets, chest pieces or boots.

I'm sure the 100% reduced cost could be gained in the base game but I haven't delved deeply enough into enchanting to really mess around with it.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11800 on: February 10, 2015, 11:22:29 am »

I generally use ice spike rather than lightning bolt.
Especially with this magic combo mod I have, which seems to add a combo that is just "ice spike + ice spike". It causes enemies to literally freeze so I can hack them with my bound sword once I'm out of magicka C:

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11801 on: February 10, 2015, 01:13:53 pm »

Yeah, currently that requires luring them to your house and decapitating them there.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11802 on: February 10, 2015, 01:20:44 pm »

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11803 on: February 13, 2015, 07:17:06 am »

I haven't posted any screenshot(s) of my Skyrim character in a LONG time. I think last time was in 2013 or early 2014. Its just one shot, but this is Ariel Auduin.

I've spent since mid/late 2012 working on her. She used to go by the name of "Isabella", but I changed it to Ariel Auduin pretty recently. I think that is a lot more fitting for her and the Skyrim world. She went through a lot of changes too, when better and newer mods came out I'd get them and have to re-do her look. It wasn't until late 2014 (so pretty recent) that I got her pretty much how I always envisioned her. The most recent big change was a different texture skin that looked better than one I was using, and it probably be the last major change. I've spent nearly 200 hours making her and changing things with my character...out of my 800 or so hours of total skyrim played time :P

Anyway, here she is. :)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/501815/?
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11804 on: February 13, 2015, 08:23:47 am »

Well... she's cute. Here eyes are huge and her face has very little definition. Certainly not my type. Looks like an anime character tbh
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 896