Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1603092 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11265 on: October 07, 2014, 08:21:21 pm »

I prefer to think the Nerevarine is still alive somewhere. Having him/her die like a pleb to the ocean would be lame. Just imagine the reaction if he/she found out that island they went through all that crap to save got Chixculub'd, though.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11266 on: October 07, 2014, 08:29:15 pm »

So I had a thought.  Let's go with the assumption that the Hist is the Green-Sap on this.

prevent the world from falling into Oblivion.

Here's another thought.  Mundus is basically a playground for the Deadric Lords that they use for entertainment.  Without it, things would be significantly more boring.  Maybe part of the main quest will be calling the attention of the Deadric Lords to the imminent destruction of Mundus.  What if, by managing to get this to their attention, they send what they can to prevent this?
I think Green-Sap is in valenwood, which would mean the Thalmor disabled those. But it is not clear where Green-Sap is.

The towers don't prevent Mundus from falling into Oblivion. They just keep Mundus being Mundus and thus from devolving into what it used to be. Oblivion might even go with it as well.

Every single Daedric Prince would enslave Nirn if they could. Except perhaps Meridia, who rarely cares about anything going on there, and Sheogorath, who is Sheogorath.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11267 on: October 07, 2014, 08:42:25 pm »

I think Green-Sap is in Valenwood, which would mean the Thalmor disabled those. But it is not clear where Green-Sap is.

The towers don't prevent Mundus from falling into Oblivion. They just keep Mundus being Mundus and thus from devolving into what it used to be. Oblivion might even go with it as well.

Every single Daedric Prince would enslave Nirn if they could. Except perhaps Meridia, who rarely cares about anything going on there, and Sheogorath, who is Sheogorath.

1) It's a possibility.  I've heard a someone mention that it is going to be set in Black Marsh, and the the title will have something along the lines of Argonius or something odd like that.

2) Yeah, I worded that badly.

3) They want to conquer it, yes, but it has to be there to be conquered.  And if what you said about Oblivion going with it is true, then wanting to keep what they have is another reason.

I wonder if Jyggallag is going to make an appearance.  I'm only wondering this due to a thread I saw upon that wikia where they were taking about a potential plot, and he was mentioned as the driving force for it, as we haven't heard from him for awhile.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11268 on: October 07, 2014, 08:43:54 pm »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11269 on: October 07, 2014, 09:25:59 pm »

...Isn't Jyggy dead, though? Or the Daedric equivalent?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11270 on: October 07, 2014, 09:27:03 pm »

If I remember correctly, at the end of Shivering Isles, he recovered from his curse to become Sheogorath and the Champion of Cyrodiil assumed that title instead. So we DO have an extra Daedra around.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11271 on: October 07, 2014, 09:33:50 pm »

If I remember correctly, at the end of Shivering Isles, he recovered from his curse to become Sheogorath and the Champion of Cyrodiil assumed that title instead. So we DO have an extra Daedra around.

Did that game/expansion have multiple endings?

Remember all multi-paths all happen.

Then again I don't think it did...

Skyrim did...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11272 on: October 07, 2014, 09:35:50 pm »

There are only 2 endings to SI:

The alternate ending available to all quest lines (never finishing them)

And replacing Sheogorath, setting Jyggalag free.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11273 on: October 07, 2014, 09:37:13 pm »

He's thinking of the Duke and Duchess bit. I think that was really cool, honestly.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11274 on: October 07, 2014, 09:38:26 pm »

*grumble* never get the armor of the faction you signed up with *grumble.*

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11275 on: October 07, 2014, 09:39:43 pm »

Dementia side was totally best. I mean, there's HAPPY crazy, and then there's Bay12-style nutty.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11276 on: October 08, 2014, 12:46:14 am »

There was a mod somewhere a while back that added jurassic park to the game (the mod was called "Jurassic Park"). And in the mod (was a rather big one), it added huge dinosaurs to skyrim that rivaled the size and were even bigger than dragons. So, when running to whiterun...was quite an adventure. I played it with the tropical mod and it was great.

Nexus of course was quick on the ban hammer and it was removed. And I guess I never backed it up or something...the only problem was it was in russian and made all names and everything in russian. And...it wasn't optimized at all. 4k and even 6k dinosaurs...and lots of them...yeah...

But the mod was awesome. Barely any dinosaur mods at all.

(edit:

I'm making my overhaul a tad more modular than before. The mods there are there...but I'm including an optional folder to manually install extra mods (with one esp being thrown in, due to me not installing through steam and instead copying my entire skyrim folder over from my backup drive...so I can't use it...oh well).

At this point, after way too long working on this overhaul...I am never doing another one again for skyrim rofl. I'll only add a mod or two for my personal setup, and they'd have to be pretty must-have mods for me to go for it. But, at this point, I don't even care if it is 100% or not...I'm really hoping its at least 95 or 99%, but I can settle for 90%...in either case, I hope it works in the end. From my playtime, it works great. But, my PC sucks and is having problems, and I'd rather release it than wait...I'm pretty done at this point. I don't even want to think of working on it more rofl.

With that said, there shouldn't be any problems...cause I can play it pretty much fine. You'll need a higher end PC though and at least a 4gb card...my 2gb one doesn't cut it.

As for optional mods. They are frostfall (mod comes with tropical skyrim...so yeah...you can change that though (it won't be included in optional folder, too big of a file), wet and cold (mostly cause I don't really like it but some might), viewable faction ranks (some people might like it) and achieve that (some people might like it). It also includes forgotten magick too, and I'm installing it after I upload the mod. I'm not installing it before, in case it breaks things (never know). Nor am I installing any mod at this point, they'll likely end up in optional so I can install it later. I also included expanded towns, only cause my PC is not good enough to run it...drops my FPS by 20-30 FPS when entering a village...and CTD by a city cause its way too much. With that, a higher end PC than mine can easily use it. But since its so intensive, expanded towns is an optional thing.

So...yeah...expect the overhaul to be up tomorrow at some point. Cause at this point, I'm done lol. But I'll still be playing skyrim :D I just don't know if any bugs might show up later on...but from my 5 hour test (no crashes) and no save bloat or corruption...I'd say I can finally upload it. Cause...I'm so done with it lol.

As for why upload it if I'm not sure its broken or not? Well, for one...I highly doubt it...and...on the high chance it works...the mod does change a lot of skyrim. Even if it only ended up 152 esms/esps...they add TONS to the game and change it a lot. Skyrim is way better than it was before for me.

So what I tested:

Did sprint runs from windhelm, to riften, to whiterun up to solitude. Then ran around randomly killing things. Did first 4 main quests to make sure they work...the 2nd? or 3rd broke, the one to talk to the jarl's wizard (but I reloaded an earlier save and it worked). I had 1 ctd at whiterun, but happened only once. And running around randomly killing things played fine...didn't have a problem looting or anything.

Outside the ctd at whiterun, didn't have any others. The main quest got weird with the quest breaking due to me attempting it at night (everyone was sleeping and game bugged out...kinda lame)...the runs to the different city played fine, though FPS did drop near them (but probably my video card)...and looting bodies didn't ever result in a CTD. But, I had a friend play on my machine and he crashed fighting those scripted wolves. So a total of 2 ctds I guess.

Those scripted wolves in skyrim always tend to cause problems on any setup I've ever done...whether its 20 mods or 200 mods...or even 10 mods...that have nothing to do with wolves...I had 10 mods on a brand new install that just added books (3), load screens (2), an alchemy one and some others that didn't even add animals or monsters or anything, really tiny ones and none had scripts (even alchemy one). Those skyrim scripted wolves break way too easily...add a few totally unrelated mods and they break and cause ctds...

Heck, once all I did was add one texture mod (on a brand new install through steam) and suddenly scripted wolves broke...and caused ctds/crashes. And all it did was literally had textures...and suddenly after that the scripted wolves kept crashing the game...and it didn't even touch wolves at all...probably changed the ground a tiny bit where they spawn and it broke it...since they break so easily as it is.

I hate those scripted wolves...everything breaks them rofl.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 02:29:09 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #11277 on: October 08, 2014, 05:46:48 am »

Aw damn it... So many spoilers. I should really avoid this thread until I finish the game, but that will take months... : /

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11278 on: October 08, 2014, 06:29:37 am »

Just enjoy the lore. The last two pages probably contain spoilers for the NEXT game.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11279 on: October 08, 2014, 10:31:04 am »

I like how they kept the pankratrosword thing as canon, given how ridiculous it is, even by TES standards.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 896