Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1601663 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #10125 on: January 21, 2014, 12:30:02 pm »

Nah the souls in Soul Cairn are mortal black souls. Anything else is thrown back into oblivion.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10126 on: January 21, 2014, 01:18:34 pm »

Nah the souls in Soul Cairn are mortal black souls. Anything else is thrown back into oblivion.

The Soul Cairn is where souls go when they are offered to the Ideal Masters. Soul Gems are simply the method used to do this; not all black soul gem'd souls go to the soul cairn.

If a soul is not given to the Ideal Masters, it goes through Mortal Death like any other mortal, going to its closest aligned AE (conceptual spirit, such as the Aedra/Daedra) or being recycled in the Dreamsleeve if it had no closest AE.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: January 21, 2014, 01:19:36 pm »

The Soul Cairn is where souls go when they are offered to the Ideal Masters. Soul Gems are simply the method used to do this; not all black soul gem'd souls go to the soul cairn.

If a soul is not given to the Ideal Masters, it goes through Mortal Death like any other mortal, going to its closest aligned AE (conceptual spirit, such as the Aedra/Daedra) or being recycled in the Dreamsleeve if it had no closest AE.

And thus, I was morally able to use black soul gems again. And all was good.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10128 on: January 21, 2014, 01:29:49 pm »

That's a shame to be honest, I'd always liked to assume that my gears magic was derived from the eternal torture and slavery of the souls of those who fell to me.
In Oblivion I had a set of armour named after folks I'd murdered for the Dark Brotherhood questline.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: January 21, 2014, 01:47:01 pm »

I don't care what the lore says. If I kill a monster and fill a Soul Gem using a Soul Trap spell, and I use the soul in the Soul Gem to enchant a ring, I'm gonna assume there's a soul in that ring that's just pounding on the inside of the gem desperate to escape. Nothing else makes remotely any sense.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: January 21, 2014, 01:56:52 pm »

I don't care what the lore says. If I kill a monster and fill a Soul Gem using a Soul Trap spell, and I use the soul in the Soul Gem to enchant a ring, I'm gonna assume there's a soul in that ring that's just pounding on the inside of the gem desperate to escape. Nothing else makes remotely any sense.
Hence why I use children to make all my Daedric armor for my mage characters.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: January 21, 2014, 02:14:55 pm »

Wait, mortals can get recycled after they die? Doesn't that make them sort of like Daedra except they don't remember their past?

Edit: Well that and that they would actually have to be born and grow up again.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: January 21, 2014, 02:16:44 pm »

Wait, mortals can get recycled after they die? Doesn't that make them sort of like Daedra except they don't remember their past?

Nah, not really. The "going to aligned AE" thing is more important; those who, say, worship the Divines will tend to go to the particular Divine they went to most.

This brings up the odd implication that Mankar Camoran might have been right about the Aedra, since at least the Daedra allow you to keep your individuality. Hmm...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: January 21, 2014, 02:18:36 pm »

...fuck yeah Hircine
Sig! Onol

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10134 on: January 21, 2014, 03:18:52 pm »

Hircine's afterlife sounds the least "fuck you", but for all we know the people that wind up there actually spend all of eternity getting hunted and killed by his Daedric minions and/or select few werebeasts. The real best afterlife is making your own AE, with blackjack and skooma.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10135 on: January 21, 2014, 05:17:22 pm »

Blackjack and Skooma - Double the Knockout.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: January 21, 2014, 05:47:02 pm »

Hircine's afterlife sounds the least "fuck you", but for all we know the people that wind up there actually spend all of eternity getting hunted and killed by his Daedric minions and/or select few werebeasts. The real best afterlife is making your own AE, with blackjack and skooma.

Hell that's what the Champion of Cyrodiil did anyway. Or rather inherited it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: January 21, 2014, 05:50:59 pm »

Eh, it was more Sheogorath teaching the CoC how to mantle. The CoC is a complicated one, though. His/her closest AE was probably Sheogorath from the beginning, but that's ironically because s/he was also an incarnation of a Shezzarine made by Kyne with close ties to Akatosh, which probably made him/her bonkers just as PELINAL before him/her. How do you think s/he ended up in prison, anyway?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: January 21, 2014, 05:57:07 pm »

How'dya think?
STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM
Sig! Onol

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: January 21, 2014, 07:15:45 pm »

Kinda contemplating maybe eventually getting Skyrim for PC. The deciding factor is: Are there any mods that add in the other varieties of khajiit mentioned in the lore.

Moonpath to Elseweyr, only in Elseweyr, but you'll get the liony ones!

I didn't like that mod too much. It's mostly a pretty dungeon crawl mashed with a house mod filled with tough enemies and a sload that acts unlike sload should.

It's terribly coded too. It's a dungeon attached to an inn, and a sload that is as you said, unlike a sload. They play him like a cartoon villain. The enemies are oddly tough (except the Imga), and the spelling, my god the spelling. Just totally broke immersion for me.
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 896