Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1602448 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #10005 on: January 09, 2014, 05:22:17 pm »

EDIT: Bonus if it removes guard respawns >:D

IDK, guard respawns make more sense than people being invincible. Presumably they're recruited from the same population of restless young people than go join bandit gangs.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10006 on: January 09, 2014, 06:44:53 pm »

If you slay all the mothers, where do these disaffected youths come from?

At some point I think respawning just makes more sense. You're not gonna get a world simulator that can make the fish die out because the willows on the banks are gone because too many deer are alive and eating them because you killed all the wolves.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10007 on: January 09, 2014, 07:12:59 pm »

Alteration spellsword is fun. I like not wearing armour. It's like running around in underwear!
Yeah except you have to reapply your armor every ten seconds to not die.
I'm pretty sure at least one of the magic overhaul mods changed the magic armor spells so that they were toggled rather than cast with a time limit, but keeping them on would keep your magicka drained to a certain point in accordance with the cost of casting the spell. Actually a pretty good way to handle it, IMO.
Kinda late reply but oh well. I tried that mod, which is called Invested Magic for those interested. However I kinda hated it because while it fixed things like that, it also made EVERY spell into a toggle kinda thing. It conflicted hard with my "raise an undead army because I just want to be Sauron." (Yes I know Sauron never raised an undead army, but you know damn well he wanted to :P)

That mentioned, does anyone know of any mod that makes EVERYONE non-essential? Because Immersion and fuck the "oh don't worry baby your rampages actions don't have actual consequences" attitude Bethesda has taken since Oblivion. EDIT: Bonus if it removes guard respawns >:D

ultimate  killer. search for it

Guards and such respawn i think. . . but then again i dont killmost of them.

but ulfric, tullius, sidequest bob?  nope.  companions?  nope.  Tgat oneguywhogoesintoasuperdungeon? nope.  Everyone can die.  respawns, idk.  not named characters.  Also, i did kill Mila the Whiterun fruitvendors daughter. . .
and companions do die.

If yiu do get this, maybe turn down tge danger near town or get
-when vampires attack
-run for your lives

When dragons/vampires attack they run, inside if they can.

aldo, to alleviate cool npcs dying, like mariq, i added

inconsequential npcs.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 07:20:45 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10008 on: January 09, 2014, 07:29:35 pm »

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10009 on: January 09, 2014, 10:53:44 pm »

>2014
>Not disabling random vampire attacks.
This mod has such a feature included.
You can even decide at what level vampires starts attacking.
It essentially stops most quests from appearing automatically, in a way that you have to go to the quest giver before the quest actually starts.
Such as that Boethia quest line, it will not start before you actually get to the shrine. So it is not forced on you, when that cultist attacks you in the middle of nowhere.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 11:01:27 pm by Ultimuh »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10010 on: January 09, 2014, 11:32:16 pm »

You can also get the mod that makes all NPCs run and hide at home when a dragon or vampire attacks.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10011 on: January 10, 2014, 12:38:49 am »

Alternatively, you could be a surly curmudgeon and refuse to install Dawnguard ever.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10012 on: January 10, 2014, 01:07:49 am »

But muh crosswbows
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10013 on: January 10, 2014, 01:08:15 am »

A number of mods also require it now. It's kinda annoying.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10014 on: January 10, 2014, 01:13:48 am »

I have Dawnguard, because at some point Valve apparently stealthily installed it onto my Skyrim install without telling me. So that's nice. I don't have any of the other DLC, though, and I've run into mods that require Dragonborn - and for some bizarre reason, mods that require Hearthfire.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10015 on: January 10, 2014, 04:00:25 am »

I have Dawnguard, because at some point Valve apparently stealthily installed it onto my Skyrim install without telling me. So that's nice. I don't have any of the other DLC, though, and I've run into mods that require Dragonborn - and for some bizarre reason, mods that require Hearthfire.
Because most people seem to have more than one, if not all DLCs.
So I can see why modders makes them a requirement, for convenience sake.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10016 on: January 10, 2014, 11:50:16 pm »

-snip- I'm angry at Zenimax rawr.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10017 on: January 11, 2014, 12:50:59 am »

Wow, the vampire lord ability is crap. I mean, it was OP when I got it at level 10, but now at level 30 it can't hold its own against anything.
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10018 on: January 11, 2014, 01:15:20 am »

Wow, the vampire lord ability is crap. I mean, it was OP when I got it at level 10, but now at level 30 it can't hold its own against anything.

Yeah, Bethesda didn't make it scale for late game for some reason.  Thankfully we have mods!

I can barely recognize Skyrim as Skyrim sometimes, too many mods might be a bad thing for immersion, but I'll be damned if I'm running at snail pace from Whiterun to Winterhold again.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10019 on: January 11, 2014, 02:13:08 am »

Frankly, all TES games (except Morrowind, and I'll kill you if you disagree with me! :D) begin as unplayable trash, and split into different games and genres as those holy men we call modders work their blessed magic.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 896