Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1603191 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9765 on: December 31, 2013, 11:11:45 pm »

Or wait who was the person who decides the Dragonborn?
Devs are Akatosh?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9766 on: January 01, 2014, 12:00:42 am »

I think 'Dragonborn' is less a thing of being chosen and more like losing a cosmic game of musical chairs where when the music stops the floor turns to lava.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: January 01, 2014, 12:10:44 am »

Unknown to the Aedra and Daedra, mortals, dragons, and every single thing in the Elder Scrolls universe, there exists another pantheon that secretly governs every action and fate in the universe. It is ruled by the developers and they can shape reality as they see fit.

People think to study the lore and history of the world, but what they don't realize is that at a mere whim, every single fact they know could be erased and replaced. Every single creature in the universe would accept the overwritted rules as how it's always been.

The developers are the supreme rulers of the universe they control. If you ask why none of the other dragonborn were chosen, it's simply because the developers decided that this one would be the correct one. Similarly, if they so wished it, this so-called "Last Dragonborn" could be overwritted as the "second-last dragonborn" at any time. Especially if the multi-universe-time-bending creation known as the Online comes to fruition.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: January 01, 2014, 12:13:37 am »

The Online? Pfft. That's surely just a myth. I mean, no one's ever even claimed to have seen it, excepting madpeople.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9769 on: January 01, 2014, 02:58:58 am »

*those gifted by sheogorath.

Is it conceivable the Online could be writ off as a mad fantasy concocted by whitestrake-turned-sheogorath?

That's going to be a favorite bit of semi-obscure lore from now on- I think the current mad god is going to be sticking around awhile.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9770 on: January 01, 2014, 09:54:26 pm »

I have a bit of a nasty habit where every time I want to play Skyrim, I uninstall and reinstall the entire game as well as all the mods from scratch. I always end up grabbing a new set of mods every time so it feels quite fresh. Not to mention a lot of the old ones would have been changed or updated.

Anyway, this time I grabbed another assortment of combat and AI mods.

I started as a Redguard out in the middle of the Reach. I started trekking around until I found a tree. I stood under the tree to admire the amazing nighttime skybox with the unbelievable clouds when I heard some bones rattling.

So I swung around and sure enough, a skeleton ambushed me. Was just a normal, crappy skeleton, so I laughed as I bashed it to pieces. When suddenly I was hit in the back. What the hell? Another skeleton! Ambushed me again!

I broke that one down.

I stood there wondering what I was near to that would cause skeletons to spawn when *scwhing*. Arrow flew right past me. Holy crap! An actual ambush! I'm being ambushed in Skyrim what the hell!? When could the AI do this?! As I was searching for where the hidden sniper was... to my absolute horror... the previous two skeletons were reforming themselves. Apparently now skeletons can't die.

And that's the story of how, for the first time ever, I died at level 1 in Skyrim.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9771 on: January 01, 2014, 10:00:14 pm »

Ok, I want that mod. Though, did you discovered how to kill them for good (silver or magic maybe ?) ?

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9772 on: January 01, 2014, 11:04:02 pm »

Every time I read through this thread and mods come up, a little part of me dies in knowing that until I somehow manage to get a much better PC, I'll have to make due with the 360 version and DLC. Not that it's bad by any stretch of the imagination, but it could just be so much more. :-\
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9773 on: January 01, 2014, 11:24:51 pm »

Ok, I want that mod. Though, did you discovered how to kill them for good (silver or magic maybe ?) ?
I have no idea. I didn't check as I wanted to figure out how to do it myself.

I think this is the mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24913/?

It might not be the only one though, as I'm using an assortment of AI and monster mods.

Here's my current mod list:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9774 on: January 02, 2014, 12:09:40 am »

tk recoil

Must-have, along with hitstop. I also like improved combat sounds.
Also, from the front page of duel, (umiman's already got that though).
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9775 on: January 02, 2014, 12:21:31 am »

Ehh, the tk-hitstop mod always felt wrong to me. Kind of laggy. It didn't so much create the effect of hits having weight, so much as my computer temporarily locking up. Recoil looks similar, even in the video.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: January 02, 2014, 02:10:31 am »

Every time I read through this thread and mods come up, a little part of me dies in knowing that until I somehow manage to get a much better PC, I'll have to make due with the 360 version and DLC. Not that it's bad by any stretch of the imagination, but it could just be so much more. :-\

I'm playing skyrim on a cheap laptop I bought in 2011. Onboard graphics card. ;-)

Just use the super low graphics mod. It actually makes the game kind of pretty in a twinsen oddysey kind of way.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9777 on: January 02, 2014, 02:16:18 am »

Ehh, the tk-hitstop mod always felt wrong to me. Kind of laggy. It didn't so much create the effect of hits having weight, so much as my computer temporarily locking up. Recoil looks similar, even in the video.

Huh, did you try adjusting it? The animation stop is rather high by default, and it can even be disabled (by itself) if the minimum setting still seems off. (cough bottom right corner at 0:57 cough) The config is pretty robust.
Figured pausing the PC's animation makes sense- imitates the slow-down from making contact, instead of sharing the same animation with swinging through thin air.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 02:27:22 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9778 on: January 02, 2014, 02:51:49 am »

I might give it a try later. I just got my current load order working, so far with no problem, and the most basic of sanity checks seem reasonable (the biggest question so far is leveled lists, though, so the only thing I've been able to confirm is that Orc strongholds do, indeed, sell Orcish equipment at level 1, which is correct behavior since it suggests that Orcs have preferential access to it, and loot is no longer tied to my level). But anyway, I don't want to mess with it too much, so even though I'm pretty sure that mod won't fuck anything up, Imma leave it be.

Pretty sure there's nothing there what needs redacting.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: January 02, 2014, 03:31:23 am »

Oooh... I should get thundering shouts too.
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 896