Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 646 647 [648] 649 650 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1603342 times)

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9705 on: December 30, 2013, 10:54:03 am »

Question for you vets who have played "evil" characters, how did you find it? I am thinking of replaying through as an evil vampire/warrior-mage dark brotherhood member and all-round wicked fellow in the future, right about when I get a better computer so I can enjoy the actual graphics also.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9706 on: December 30, 2013, 10:55:47 am »

Since I have not been playing Skyrim since early September.. I am wondering if anyone knows, of any newly released mods out there which I might not yet know of.
"Newly" as in "since early September"? ~2000. Of varying quality, of course. Just look in the latest files on the Nexus.
Ah, I forgot to include 'Interesting' in there somewhere.
As in, any interesting mods which might make the game.. live longer or so.
Or maybe even a mod which adds stuff to the leveled lists.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9707 on: December 30, 2013, 01:16:03 pm »

Question for you vets who have played "evil" characters, how did you find it? I am thinking of replaying through as an evil vampire/warrior-mage dark brotherhood member and all-round wicked fellow in the future, right about when I get a better computer so I can enjoy the actual graphics also.
You can't actually do anything inherently evil in this game.

You can do a lot of sadistic or sociopathic things, but being evil is outside its scope.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9708 on: December 30, 2013, 01:21:50 pm »

You can do a lot of sadistic or sociopathic things, but being evil is outside its scope.
Killing a child's parents and/or dog while he/she watches?
That's pretty evil in my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 01:39:26 pm by Ultimuh »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9709 on: December 30, 2013, 01:36:27 pm »

... How, exactly, do you define evil?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9710 on: December 30, 2013, 04:12:37 pm »

Personal gain is an important part of evil, usually, and this game don't have none of that in its evil. Kinda like Fallout 3. Why do you poison the entire capital wasteland? Because you're EEEEEEVIIIIIIIILLLLLLL.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9711 on: December 30, 2013, 04:15:29 pm »

You sure? When I kill children I get soul in my black soul gems which I use to make better enchantments to kill more children.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9712 on: December 30, 2013, 04:37:22 pm »

I just adopted that beggar girl in Whiterun.
I feel so goood...

That's going to last precisely until you have adopted two kids and have run into a third, at which point you realize the game arbitrarily doesn't allow you to adopt any more, so this one's going to have to keep sleeping in the street.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9713 on: December 30, 2013, 04:41:08 pm »

Personal gain is an important part of evil, usually, and this game don't have none of that in its evil. Kinda like Fallout 3. Why do you poison the entire capital wasteland? Because you're EEEEEEVIIIIIIIILLLLLLL.
Eh, Saturday-morning cartoon evil is still evil, albeit not of a particularly interesting variety.  It's pointless and flat, but still rather evil. 
Actually, if I ever did an evil run in a Bethesda game, I would probably have to mod in a Snidely Whiplash outfit and mustache. 

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9714 on: December 30, 2013, 04:54:12 pm »

It's part of the DLC and will happen on a percentage basis each time you kill a dragon until certain events are taken care of.

Well, it's supposed to. I've killed ~10 dragons so far with all DLC enabled and not once have I had a soul get stolen from me. Then again, I had a "recommended" script improvement mod installed that seems to have screwed up several scripts (and rendered the drunken romp quest unfinishable until I disabled it). It could just be that I haven't killed a dragon since disabling it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9715 on: December 30, 2013, 05:21:39 pm »

Miraak's a dick.

But the reward for killing him is so worth it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9716 on: December 30, 2013, 05:35:34 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9717 on: December 30, 2013, 05:52:09 pm »

On evil:

Are we talking lawful, chaotic or neutral?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9718 on: December 30, 2013, 06:10:23 pm »

DB is pretty evil, no matter what pretentious goals they may claim ("a society of like-minded people" is not a justification for murder-for-hire, or anything really). Going around taking people out for infamy and glory could count as personal gain, though. And Astrid certainly wants power.

There's plenty of selfish options you can take at the cost of other people, too. Black Soul gems are, to put it lightly, fairly questionable as well.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9719 on: December 30, 2013, 06:15:46 pm »

Speaking of black soul gems..
Enchanting requires a soul, right?
If so, would the weapons/armor which has been enchanted, be alive somehow?
Imagine running around with a sword, which talks to you.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 06:20:30 pm by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 ... 646 647 [648] 649 650 ... 896