Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1603864 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9615 on: December 24, 2013, 05:00:19 am »

Okay, then I suppose the question becomes, is there a way to disable the crit-kill through settings or modding?  I have no problem losing once in a while, it mirrors reality in that fashion, but I am directly opposed to arbitrary difficulty.  It should be difficult to do thing when they are difficult to do, not because Bethesda decided to let peons have a magic 'you die' possibilty.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9616 on: December 24, 2013, 05:48:57 am »

Try this mod from the workshop http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=134341793 it should disable all killmoves.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9617 on: December 24, 2013, 05:54:23 am »

Yes, there is a mod for everything.

Alternatively, I think Dance of Death provides a player immunity toggle, and meanwhile it Adds more of them.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9618 on: December 24, 2013, 07:37:15 am »

Flash sale on steam. It's going for ten dollars. Oh man. And here is me with a lappy with onboard graphics.

Yeah I was eyeing the Legendary Edition...but I didn't put the 30 bucks I have into my account, so no cheapy Skyrim times for me :(
An answer you guys with the integrated graphics http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17137/?

Darn! If I had read this reply I would have gone and bought it just for the heck of trying out that mod. Now its too late I guess.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9619 on: December 24, 2013, 08:04:43 am »

Addendum: CHEAPY SKYRIM TIMES FOR ME :P

Because used moms credit card and payed her back with cash XD
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9620 on: December 24, 2013, 09:10:23 am »

Is there a way to change the character's name in vanilla?

I made a Nord, and must have gone straight past the character face design step on accident and had the default face until I found the face changer in the Thieves Guild.

Then I accidentally, then on purpose made him look like Arnold Schwarzenegger and I'd like to rename him to Arnold.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9621 on: December 24, 2013, 09:50:16 am »

I made a Nord, and must have gone straight past the character face design step on accident and had the default face until I found the face changer in the Thieves Guild.

Then I accidentally, then on purpose made him look like Arnold Schwarzenegger and I'd like to rename him to Arnold.

If you are on PC, you should be able to use the console to access the chargen interface. Note: do not change your race. If you do your health/magicka/stamina will revert to 100, as well as other problems. Save before you do this. The command is showracemenu.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9622 on: December 24, 2013, 10:16:35 am »

Cool, thanks.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9623 on: December 24, 2013, 10:54:01 am »

OK, I am biting. Waiting cost me 10 dollars, but after spending all day at the thesis grindstone I need some fun. Lets see if this mod can be effective in getting even my shitting onboard intel graphics card to play it.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9624 on: December 24, 2013, 11:06:05 am »

Hmm. Maybe its because I have a steam install, but the ULG installer cant find my game. Any ideas?

EDIT: There is also a discontinued manual install option I can try out
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 11:16:40 am by Yolan »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9625 on: December 24, 2013, 11:16:23 am »

console command: showracemenu, as long as you dont change the race you can change your name.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9626 on: December 24, 2013, 11:22:37 am »

Hmm. Maybe its because I have a steam install, but the ULG installer cant find my game. Any ideas?
is it in a different folder? it only changes the ini files located in your documents folder.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9627 on: December 24, 2013, 01:20:04 pm »

I can do the manual old one, but not the new one. Isn't that what is necessary for the simple texture packs?

EDIT: Wow. Got it working with the toned down textures. Let me see if combat runs better now...

Works like a charm now on this 2011 model laptop. Who woulda known.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 02:12:04 pm by Yolan »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9628 on: December 24, 2013, 03:57:42 pm »

Try this mod from the workshop http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=134341793 it should disable all killmoves.
Thank you, this looks like exactly what I need to improve gameplay.  I honestly don't understand the thought process behind the inclusion of the kill-cam system anyway.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9629 on: December 24, 2013, 05:59:21 pm »

Because it livens things up a bit and helps postpone things becoming monotonous?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 896