Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1603980 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9540 on: December 18, 2013, 11:05:32 pm »

After getting back into this I rediscovered with some dismay that you can't kill children in vanilla.
Darn.
Time to go modhunting.
Them making it so you can't kill children is actually so much more cruel. It's like a sick twisted hell nightmare for them. All the adults who could defend them are lying around dead with their heads chopped off and they are getting chased around by a maniac shooting fireballs and slicing at them with a horrible sword designed with curves to cause as much pain as possible. They keep getting hit by the fireballs and chopped at by the sword and sometimes the crazy maniac even swoops in on a dragon to attack them. Still, no matter how much the man hurts them... no matter how much pain they endure from sword or fire or explosive shouting... they can't die...

Edit: I instantly regret posting in this thread. I do not want to see notifications each time someone posts in an elder scrolls thread. :-\
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 11:07:13 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9541 on: December 18, 2013, 11:08:28 pm »

Too late now, gman.
Far too late ahahahahahaha
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9542 on: December 18, 2013, 11:10:53 pm »

:(  :-\  :'(

I don't even like Skyrim that much *sobs uncontrollably* I just bought it out of sentimentality for Morrowind.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9543 on: December 18, 2013, 11:55:29 pm »

I posted in this topic 300 pages ago. Tell me about it.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9544 on: December 18, 2013, 11:56:31 pm »

After getting back into this I rediscovered with some dismay that you can't kill children in vanilla.
Darn.
Time to go modhunting.

Well, it's one of the most popular all-time mods and it's ridiculously straightforward in its name, so you shouldn't have much of an issue.

Somehow I managed to kill a child despite /not/ having that mod. I had Vilja, I used Fus Ro Dah, it hit an errant child, who got knocked over. Follower chopped the kid up. Also, they have fully voiced death sounds, which implies it was going to be in the game to begin with, but got dummied out.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9545 on: December 19, 2013, 02:13:09 am »

Sometimes finishers can ignore 'essential' flagging. My most glorious moment was, as a werewolf, getting the finishing animation on and permanently killing Maven Blackbriar. But before I could save, Brynjolf of all people managed to kill me as I was about to eat her corpse and heal.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9546 on: December 19, 2013, 02:19:44 am »

I do kind of wish the game recognised events like that, beyond not being able to complete the quests associated with that character anymore.
Cut through all the fat so to say. Not as rewarding but it would be entertaining.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9547 on: December 19, 2013, 02:27:03 am »

But then they would actually have to design the game as a nonlinear sandbox game.
Love, scriver~

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9548 on: December 19, 2013, 02:28:36 am »

I do hate that they set up such a despicable character, and made her destined to succeed no matter what you do.

One of the biggest problems with TES storytelling is that many questlines fail to take into account the change in "weight class" that the PC undergoes during other questlines. You become a dragon-slaying archmage that can break a bear in half over your knee, known far and wide as the hero of the entire world plus some parts of Oblivion, yet the plot of the questline demands that you be treated like some no-name adventurer who can get in under the corrupt noses because said noses can't smell your insignificant presence.

You have to subtly undermine Mr. corrupt slavemaster because of the law in his pocket/cutthroats and mercenaries he employs, as opposed to, say, melting his face, because the game simply can't recognize that you are a goddamn dragon that walks like a man.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9549 on: December 19, 2013, 02:29:53 am »

Sometimes finishers can ignore 'essential' flagging. My most glorious moment was, as a werewolf, getting the finishing animation on and permanently killing Maven Blackbriar. But before I could save, Brynjolf of all people managed to kill me as I was about to eat her corpse and heal.
Indeed.
Speaking of which, does anyone still know if the infinite equip bug with a werewolf and follower is still available? It's the only way I've found to get appreciable damage as an unarmed badass.
Sig! Onol

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9550 on: December 19, 2013, 02:34:39 am »

There are two ways to get appreciable unarmed damage without transforming into anything:

1) Fists of Steel perk with epic daedric gauntlets, preferably with the enchantment from the "gloves of the pugilist" found in Riften. You can get about 70 damage per punch, if you're Kahjiit.

2) Using the alchemy/enchant exploit loop, and that same enchantment, put a powerful punching enchantment on any gloves you wish. It can be anything from a small bost, to truly badass, to ungodly and hilariously overpowered.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9551 on: December 19, 2013, 02:37:17 am »

I use A exclusively because it's required, but I never really got into the Alchemy/Enchanting thing. Fortunately, new game.
Sig! Onol

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9552 on: December 19, 2013, 02:41:35 am »

There are two ways to get appreciable unarmed damage without transforming into anything:

1) Fists of Steel perk with epic daedric gauntlets, preferably with the enchantment from the "gloves of the pugilist" found in Riften. You can get about 70 damage per punch, if you're Kahjiit.

2) Using the alchemy/enchant exploit loop, and that same enchantment, put a powerful punching enchantment on any gloves you wish. It can be anything from a small bost, to truly badass, to ungodly and hilariously overpowered.

Alchemy/Enchant loop? Is this something like... make a potion that increases enchant then enchant an item with increase alchemy?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9553 on: December 19, 2013, 02:42:17 am »

There's a fortify restoration somewhere in the middle.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9554 on: December 19, 2013, 02:42:52 am »

Children don't carry the essential flag - they carry the Invulnerable flag. Nothing that hits them should work.
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 896