Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1604099 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9510 on: December 16, 2013, 03:32:49 pm »

The Dragonborn only has them under his control while they are subjected to Bend Will. Aside from that, they either follow Paarthurnax's meditative teachings, or roam around loosely affiliated with the Dragonborn, really only meeting with him in order to 'test his voice'.

Of all the known dragons, it is assumed that the Dragonborn can summon Odahviing, and maybe Durnehviir, depending on whether Dawnguard is canonical for the Dragonborn.

From the sounds of Nafaalilargus, it sounds like he is stronger than Odahviing or Durnehviir are. Sinking a ship with a single breath, versus Odahviing's inability to destroy Dragonsreach, and Durnehviir's imprisonment weakening him over time.

Also, I was reading up on Lorkhan, just to get up to speed, and of interest was this that Kirkbride said:

All known Shezzarines. All enantiomorphic aspects of the same "oversoul".
"    1. Wulfharth L
    2. Hjalti O
    3. Ysmir R
    4. Talos K
    5. Arctus H
    6. Septim A
    N "

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9511 on: December 16, 2013, 03:38:18 pm »

The first Dragonborn was shown to be able to keep the dragons under his will seemingly indefinitely, as opposed to the artificial gameplay limitation you are subject to when you use the shout. Presumably, with all the souls you absorb, you become strong enough to perform similar feats.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9512 on: December 16, 2013, 03:41:35 pm »

All known Shezzarines. All enantiomorphic aspects of the same "oversoul".
"    1. Wulfharth L
    2. Hjalti O
    3. Ysmir R
    4. Talos K
    5. Arctus H
    6. Septim A
    N "

N is the New Man, who is referred to in the Loveletter:

You in the Fourth Era have already witnessed many of the attempts at reaching the final subgradient of all AE, that state that exists beyond mortal death. The Numidium. The Endeavor. The Prolix Tower. CHIM. The Enantiomorph. The Scarab that Transforms into the New Man.

The New Man becomes God becomes Amaranth, everlasting hypnogogic. Hallucinations become lucid under His eye and therefore, like all parents of their children, the Amaranth cherishes and adores all that is come from Him.

Those who do not fail become the New Men: an individual beyond all AE, unerased and all-being. Jumping beyond the last bridge of all existence is the Last Existence, The Eternal I.

This is somehow related to the Dreamsleeve, known in the Loveletter as Z and in the Sermons as the Provisional House.

The Dreamsleeve's significance here is that it is the place where an aspiring Amaranth must go in order to undergo sensory deprivation and begin their own dream anew.

What exactly the New Man is here is unknown.

Looking over the source for N being New Man, however, suggests that the New Man is Lorkhan himself.

SPECULATION/FANFICTION MODE ACTIVATE

He seems to have resigned himself to the subgradient of mortality after his divinity-death, given the abundance of Shezarrines; perhaps after 6 of said Shezzarine came together (the 6 listed there) to take His place in the Imperial Pantheon, he resigned himself to Z and became the New Man.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 03:54:10 pm by Putnam »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9513 on: December 16, 2013, 03:53:55 pm »

Seems fairly straight forward that the "New Man" is the state of enlightenment that Lorkhan wanted people to achieve. Possibly a metaphor tor when all of existance has achieved said enlightenment.
Love, scriver~

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9514 on: December 16, 2013, 03:54:23 pm »

Yeah, that sounds about right, too.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9515 on: December 16, 2013, 04:17:15 pm »

I have no idea what's going on here any more.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9516 on: December 16, 2013, 04:22:43 pm »

Lorkhan created Mundus so that others could reach enlightenment as he did, by seeing the structure of Aurbis and understanding that I AM ALL ARE WE, that everything in Aurbis is one, all being the dream of the Godhead. One who knows this becomes what is known as a Ruling King, a state of life more popularly known as CHIM. More recent stuff than Morrowind (though it was first hinted at in Morrowind) has revealed that the end goal of the Walking Ways, CHIM included, is to become the Amaranth, who dreams their own Aurbis. The Aurbis seen in the games and the one always written about is the dream of an Amaranth, this one being Anu, whose story is described in the Anuad.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9517 on: December 16, 2013, 04:29:01 pm »

Par for the course.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9518 on: December 16, 2013, 06:28:51 pm »

Oi, what'd you fellows do for that redguard woman quest?

I think I'm just going to stay out of it this time.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9519 on: December 16, 2013, 06:32:41 pm »

Tiber Septim had one dragon at his command. The current Dragonborn potentially has dozens.
Bit late to this, but remember that your average dragon can be taken down by a dozen town guards.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9520 on: December 16, 2013, 06:46:17 pm »

Oi, what'd you fellows do for that redguard woman quest?

I think I'm just going to stay out of it this time.

Depends on the playthrough, the first time the obviously evil kidnappers/assassins were slaughtered due to wanting their curved swords. Curved. Swords.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9521 on: December 16, 2013, 07:09:57 pm »

I'm a heavy RP-er, usually doing an over-chivalrous knight type in my first playthrough, so naturally I sided with the honorable Redguards.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9522 on: December 16, 2013, 07:14:51 pm »

I'm a heavy RP-er, usually doing an over-chivalrous knight type in my first playthrough, so naturally I sided with the honorable Redguards.
Wouldn't the chivalrous type prevent any harm from coming to the noble damsel? Especially compared to those obvious ruffians!
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9523 on: December 16, 2013, 07:54:50 pm »

Wouldn't the chivalrous type prevent any harm from coming to the noble damsel? Especially compared to those obvious ruffians!
The noble damsel whose story doesn't match up with the political situation of Hammerfell? (She says she is being chased for speaking against the Thalmor. Except Hammerfell is very much anti-Thalmor. The Alik'r claim she spoke for the Thalmor, which makes a lot more sense given that she is now in hiding.)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9524 on: December 16, 2013, 08:08:54 pm »

An over-chivalrous knight wouldn't exactly know how to logic in Tamriel, hehe.
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 896