Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1604214 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9240 on: August 21, 2013, 02:36:27 pm »

I was so bored I punched one to death. But that sounds fun too. Incidentally, Soul Tear is extremely overpowered when you have no recharge time on shouts.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9241 on: August 21, 2013, 03:06:30 pm »

I re-textured part of Isabella's hair, and she got new flowers. Personally, I like her new look a lot more even with the slight change. Thought I'd share how she looks now, and see what you all think. I probably won't change it, since I like it...but, thought I'd share the screenshot anyway. :)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/Vendayn/Skyrim/Anime%20Skyrim/IsabellaDyedHair.jpg

I also re-textured the Lustmord Vampire armor. Looks really pretty on Isabella :) I gave it a bit of a bloody look. What do you guys think of it? Took me like 6 hours lol (probably a long time just to re-texture something, such a noob I am :P)...though I did have to redo part of it.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/Vendayn/Skyrim/Anime%20Skyrim/IsabellaRetextureLustMordWhite01.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/Vendayn/Skyrim/Anime%20Skyrim/IsabellaRetextureLustMordWhite02.jpg
I like the new look!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9242 on: August 21, 2013, 04:35:28 pm »

Man, I want to play Skyrim, but lately it crashes randomly and frequently. With or without mods, with the lowest or the default graphics settings, standing still in the inventory or in the middle of combat.

It's only skyrim; other games don't do this, including ones with much higher graphics demands.

I'm really disapointed in Bethesda. This game used to work, but some patch at some point apparently broke the game on my system.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: August 21, 2013, 04:52:45 pm »

Man, I want to play Skyrim, but lately it crashes randomly and frequently. With or without mods, with the lowest or the default graphics settings, standing still in the inventory or in the middle of combat.

It's only skyrim; other games don't do this, including ones with much higher graphics demands.

I'm really disapointed in Bethesda. This game used to work, but some patch at some point apparently broke the game on my system.

Have you messed with the ini settings at all (this can cause bad crashing)...and also tried completely removing Skyrim and re-installing it (do this last if all else fails)? Also, if you uninstall mods on a save that was using them...this can also cause major crashing issues. The save looks for these mods and if it fails to find said mod, it will crash or cause major stability issues. You will know if it is saved related, if a new game does not do this. Though, there could still be other issues. Generally, most mods have uninstall guides...but personally, since my Skyrim is a compilation of tons of mods that someone put together, most of which are non-english (and I had to remove the crash prone ones, they left behind bad scripts I guess) and the readmes come up with scrambled text...well, no uninstall guides for me. :P And clean saving that guides said to do, didn't really do anything. So I had to...

Try this for any potential save problems:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27119/?

Follow the guide (be sure to keep backups of save files), but don't do the load values from other saves...luckily I keep backups cause restoring the values caused major problems with the save. Everything before that particular step is fine and made my game a lot more stable.

Generally, removing/de-activating mods is actually a bad thing (even if they cause problems) unless you start a new game. Luckily stuff is around to fix it up.

Also, for those that use a lot of mods...definitely use Wrye Bash (or/and TES edit)...make a merged/bashed patch :) This greatly increases performance and a lot less crashing.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9244 on: August 21, 2013, 05:06:07 pm »

I often get crashes within the Falkreath Hold area, with or without mods

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9245 on: August 21, 2013, 05:08:15 pm »

Well, if the fix above doesn't work...

It is a Bethesda game. :P Even unmodded, they tend to be prone to crashing. Even the console versions I heard have their own problems.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9246 on: August 21, 2013, 06:14:39 pm »

Finally, I've beaten Dragonborn. With these new shouts, I'm even more overpowered than ever! Saving the Raven Rock mine gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside, though.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: August 21, 2013, 06:22:24 pm »

Finally, I've beaten Dragonborn. With these new shouts, I'm even more overpowered than ever! Saving the Raven Rock mine gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside, though.
Damn it Bethesda, that's laziness, not cleverness.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9248 on: August 21, 2013, 06:27:43 pm »

What? Raven Rock was the mine in the Morrowind expansion, Bloodmoon. It was later referenced in Fallout 3 as a way-too-visible easter-egg (main quest location? WTF?). It was mentioned in Oblivion, too (try talking about the Imperial City to Hillod the Outlaw in the waterfront district). Dragonborn takes place on the same island, Solstheim, as Bloodmoon.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9249 on: August 21, 2013, 06:46:24 pm »

What? Raven Rock was the mine in the Morrowind expansion, Bloodmoon. It was later referenced in Fallout 3 as a way-too-visible easter-egg (main quest location? WTF?). It was mentioned in Oblivion, too (try talking about the Imperial City to Hillod the Outlaw in the waterfront district). Dragonborn takes place on the same island, Solstheim, as Bloodmoon.

Yeah, that just reminded me of it being referenced like that in Fallout 3, as I had almost forgotten about it due to not playing FO3 for a long while. Not long enough, apparently. :x

3. Run Resize Enable

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9250 on: August 21, 2013, 06:51:18 pm »

Easteregg? Raven Rock is a real place, it's like Cheyenne Mountain. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raven_Rock_Mountain_Complex
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:54:02 pm by MasterFancyPants »
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9251 on: August 21, 2013, 06:52:03 pm »

Easteregg? Raven Rock is a real place, it's like Cheyenne Mountain. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raven_Rock_Mountain_Complex

It being used as such an important location is an easter egg.

Does anyone know of any really, really good quest mods for Skyrim? Like, quests that aren't the same "go kill draugr" quests as every god damn quest in Skyrim? (Oblivion may be slightly better about it, but it still has problems with ayleid ruins all being incredibly samey)

For comparison, here's the kind of quest I like (this is literally a quest in this mod here, btw, verbatim, I haven't finished it personally):

Chandra the Bloodthirsty in Chorrol sends you to kill a vampire also named Chandra the Bloodthirsty who, for some reason, is cavorting with a vampire gang. Her Cyrodiilic isn't up to snuff, so she says that they're living in a fort that's either named after a famous person or a color that's "not far from here", but she can't remember the specific name. From there, she says you should ask around to see if people know. Talking to others reveal that you should talk to Estelle Renoit (she knows names really well) or Honditar (a bit air-headed, but really knows his way around. Can't get a name right for the life of him, though). Honditar gives a few locations nearby that have vampires living in them, but gets their names horribly wrong, referring to an Alyeid ruin called "Nine and Dave" and another ruin called "Thornlip"; Estelle Renoit tells you of a few fortresses named after colors and people (Blueblood, Alessia), but thinks that it's more likely a mistaken name, like Maglia being mistaken for Magenta or Magus. From there, the player needs to put this info together and figure out for his or her own self where these vampires are hiding.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:08:12 pm by Putnam »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9252 on: August 21, 2013, 06:55:51 pm »

Holy shit, Cyclone + No shout recharge time. Just, holy shit. I am become death, destroyer of worlds...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9253 on: August 21, 2013, 06:56:55 pm »

Also, it's a place in Pennsylvania, and nearly direct north from the center of D.C.

3. Run Resize Enable

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9254 on: August 21, 2013, 07:01:51 pm »

So, I think I shall create a new character soon. My first has without a doubt utterly destroyed what semblance of game balance the unmodded game has.

Any good kung-fu mods out there?
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 896