Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1604387 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9060 on: July 18, 2013, 06:04:50 am »

High Elves aren't the enemy, the Aldmeri Dominion (and the Thalmor specifically) are.

That sounds like exactly what a Thalmori... lory... dory... damn elf spy would say! Just what are you hiding?!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 06:08:41 am by Supercharazad »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9061 on: July 18, 2013, 06:13:05 am »

High Elves aren't the enemy, the Aldmeri Dominion (and the Thalmor specifically) are.

That sounds like exactly what a Thalmori... lory... dory... damn elf spy would say! Just what are you hiding?!
Look, it is a well known fact that you lesser races need the superior guidance and leadership of the Altmer to survive and prosper. Left to their own they would destroy one another like the savages they are.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9062 on: July 18, 2013, 06:36:33 am »

Well a lot of the racism in Elder Scrolls is a direct cause from either the originated nations (For example Wood Elves originally came from a rather savage group) or the most commonly known one (The Thalmor for example)

Retcons have to happen, its an open world game series where in the pre-Morrowind installments shit was crazy random amounts of dnd crap, and everything after is based on choices of the player; hell Skyrim had centaurs and not a single damn one the whole way through the second instance of it in a game not even mention of any.

They actually had a very good system set up for how to handle endings. Which was that whenever there were multiple endings they always made it "All the endings" to the point where it could actually multiply characters (King of Worms for example).

As well it is hardly a retcon if you are showing the events that "actually" transpired.

Look, it is a well known fact that you lesser races need the superior guidance and leadership of the Altmer to survive and prosper. Left to their own they would destroy one another like the savages they are.

There is genuine truth in this. The Wood Elves were outright cannibalistic savages before the Thalmor.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9063 on: July 18, 2013, 07:24:19 am »

They actually had a very good system set up for how to handle endings. Which was that whenever there were multiple endings they always made it "All the endings" to the point where it could actually multiply characters (King of Worms for example).

They didn't "always" do that, they did it once, with Daggerfall. All the other games had only one ending.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9064 on: July 18, 2013, 08:59:38 am »

They didn't "always" do that, they did it once, with Daggerfall. All the other games had only one ending.

They also did it with Oblivion where Morrowind's three endings were the canon endings.

It is just that, obviously some endings overwrite others.

The only other series I know of that is kind of interesting in their canon endings when there are multiple is the Disgaea series, where except for the second each game's canon ending has been the bad ending.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 09:01:31 am by Neonivek »

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9065 on: July 18, 2013, 09:26:33 am »

They also did it with Oblivion where Morrowind's three endings were the canon endings.

It is just that, obviously some endings overwrite others.

The only other series I know of that is kind of interesting in their canon endings when there are multiple is the Disgaea series, where except for the second each game's canon ending has been the bad ending.
Mustn't be many pieces of Akatosh left, considering the number of times they break him.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9066 on: July 18, 2013, 09:26:44 am »

Soooo its a game that ASSUMES YOU SUCK, sounds like fun :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9067 on: July 18, 2013, 10:42:58 am »

Morrowind had three endings?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9068 on: July 18, 2013, 10:48:02 am »

Yeah, the Warp in the West was the only time multiple endings was retconned to be all endings. They've just avoided it since then.

At least they always have explanations for their retcons, though the explanations are also almost always "Dragon break" or "CHIM".

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9069 on: July 18, 2013, 10:52:16 am »

Hey guys! I played Skyrim on XBOX, but gave up for various reasons. I picked up the Legendary edition because Steam wants all of my money, and now I'm thinking mods.

Except I don't want anything that would change the actual content. I want it to look and work better. Uh... any suggestions?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9070 on: July 18, 2013, 11:38:04 am »

You want to modify the content without modifying the content?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9071 on: July 18, 2013, 11:39:16 am »

You want to modify the content without modifying the content?

By content, I mean I don't want new items, new characters, new quests and new locations.
At least not yet.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9072 on: July 18, 2013, 11:50:16 am »

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9073 on: July 18, 2013, 12:33:47 pm »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9074 on: July 18, 2013, 01:02:06 pm »

Hm. I've been searching for something to make the magic system interesting. I'm already using the Apocalypse package, Ancient Spells, Soulfire, and am planning to add Spellcrafting, Spell Combos, and Better Magic. Anyone have further suggestions? I'm aiming to have a modpackage that makes magic varied and interesting without being massively OP (hence choosing the spellpacks I did over more extravagant ones).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 896