Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1597783 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #8685 on: April 09, 2013, 01:42:36 pm »

For dragons, even the act of speaking can call things into being so if they put effort into a specific effect there may be no limits to what a skilled thu'um wielder could do.

Yah-Gurl-Frend!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8686 on: April 09, 2013, 02:18:15 pm »

For dragons, even the act of speaking can call things into being so if they put effort into a specific effect there may be no limits to what a skilled thu'um wielder could do.

Yah-Gurl-Frend!
You know that now I'll have to bust out my game guide and translate that up as a proper sentence?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #8687 on: April 09, 2013, 04:06:38 pm »

Yah-Gurl-Frend!
You know that now I'll have to bust out my game guide and translate that up as a proper sentence?

Try pronouncing it instead.

EDIT: wait i now have derpface on ignore my derpface

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8688 on: April 09, 2013, 05:02:14 pm »

"I breathe now, in royalty" sounds very Thu'um to me. Thu'um is literally words becoming reality. We don't get to see much in game, but there are implications that The Voice can do immense things, like revert an entire nation to children or change the seasons.
Holy invincible army batman!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8689 on: April 09, 2013, 05:05:46 pm »

To clarify: CHIM is when someone realizes that they are just characters in a fantasy setting, but manage not to cease to exist via zero-sum. This enables them to use fourth wall powers. In fact, Vivec mentions (through a lot of metaphors) that he was able to use the Morrowind Construction Set.

Fourth wall stuff aside, most of the sermons were Vivec's self-insert fics.

It is unknown how Tiber Septim turned Cyrodiil from jungle to a generic fantasy setting, it could have been with Thu'um, Shezarrine powers, the Numidium, or even something completely unrelated which he stole the credit for.

"I breathe now, in royalty" sounds very Thu'um to me. Thu'um is literally words becoming reality. We don't get to see much in game, but there are implications that The Voice can do immense things, like revert an entire nation to children or change the seasons.
Holy invincible army batman!
Yeah, Alduin was pretty dumb when he did that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8690 on: April 09, 2013, 05:15:24 pm »

Yah-Gurl-Frend!
Ho los enerah, kend yah gein koriid do lokal.

Yes I totally cheated and used the community made dictionary; but the official one is massively limited so I couldn't have got anywhere near coherent otherwise.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: April 11, 2013, 11:50:00 am »

Is there any point in finishing this? (vs vanilla comparison)

I started it for personal use, but it's a lot of work for the benefit of one pair of eyes. People seem happy enough with the awful 512x512 stock textures.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: April 11, 2013, 12:26:34 pm »

I just found a mod that let you ride mammoths. ONWARDS

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #8693 on: April 11, 2013, 12:28:26 pm »

Hawt.

Oh, you mean sit on their backs and travel around..

Disregard.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #8694 on: April 11, 2013, 10:14:53 pm »

Finished Dawnguard. It was pretty fun, but I have two major complains. For an expansion billed as being about vampires, I sure spent a lot of time fighting Falmer. Also, the time scales don't exactly seem right. Apparently, time just sort of stopped for everyone involved a few thousand years ago after some tragedy befell them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8695 on: April 11, 2013, 10:22:27 pm »

My, you're asking for consistency in the TES lore !

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8696 on: April 12, 2013, 01:07:02 am »

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #8697 on: April 12, 2013, 12:05:01 pm »

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8698 on: April 12, 2013, 12:24:29 pm »

Alternatively, you could do what I did, and rip that DLC from your hard drive with a vengeance.  8)
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8699 on: April 12, 2013, 01:03:20 pm »

Why? It's got what TES games have been sorely lacking: actual climactic boss fights! Let's face it, every game has pretty much been you fight some mage and then the big clash of the titans stuff gets handled by a cinematic. The fight with the corrupted priest guy was one of the most awesome things of all the games. I just wish he used telekinesis in the 2nd part instead of pulling out a dagger.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 896