Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1600973 times)

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7905 on: January 09, 2013, 05:29:38 am »

Just had one of the creepiest things happen to one of my new characters(As in fresh from character creation) in Whiterun outside of Dragonsreach. Saw a skeleton floating in the water and pulled it out using the stairs on the left when facing Dragonsreach and clipped through the ground. Depending on what direction the cameras facing, and the position of my character, he will switch from a view like he's under water, or just on land. Fairly explorable and some sections of the land have dissapeared and somewhat easy to get back on the main ground. Just creepy pulling a skeleton out of the water caused this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Playing unpatched 360 version by the way.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: January 09, 2013, 09:00:14 am »

Yeah I have no idea what that skeleton is but it's not there in my game... something must trigger it, but what?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: January 09, 2013, 12:39:36 pm »

Yeah I have no idea what that skeleton is but it's not there in my game... something must trigger it, but what?

No typically there is supposed to be a skeleton under the dragonsreach bridge.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: January 09, 2013, 05:08:32 pm »

I tried standing still on a few of the steps on the stairs(Though this was without reloading before I clipped through them) and managed to drop down. So skeleton may be optional, but helps since it slows ya down while dragging. Hit a guard for shits and giggles before I clipped underground, and they somehow knew the exact location of where I was and would fire arrows at me even though it would just get stuck in the ground. All I know is that I may never be able to trust stairs in video games ever again.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: January 09, 2013, 06:04:18 pm »

I tried standing still on a few of the steps on the stairs(Though this was without reloading before I clipped through them) and managed to drop down. So skeleton may be optional, but helps since it slows ya down while dragging. Hit a guard for shits and giggles before I clipped underground, and they somehow knew the exact location of where I was and would fire arrows at me even though it would just get stuck in the ground. All I know is that I may never be able to trust stairs in video games ever again.
Did you not listen to the guards?
They were warning you.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7910 on: January 09, 2013, 06:17:10 pm »

I really wish people that were alerted to your presence would only know where you are if they, you know, saw you. Otherwise they'd run towards your last known location. Sitting behind a rock and watching bandits stare exactly where I am as I move about out of sight is immersion-tattering.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: January 09, 2013, 06:31:06 pm »

Well hopefully they will fix that eventually. At least there's that sneak perk that causes enemies to forget where you are if you crouch while out of view or far enough away.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: January 09, 2013, 07:49:51 pm »

Well hopefully they will fix that eventually. At least there's that sneak perk that causes enemies to forget where you are if you crouch while out of view or far enough away.
Don't get your hopes up. :P

I believe there are mods for that though, like the Duel mod. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2700

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7913 on: January 09, 2013, 11:12:10 pm »

Yeah, Duel: Combat Realism has some videos showcasing the ability to hide from NPCs who are on alert.  They'll also break up into pairs or get archers to cover them while they look for you.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7914 on: January 10, 2013, 03:46:16 pm »

Hehehe, that's another funny bug. Stealth in this game is kind of erratic, as are the effects of arrows. I snuck behind an NPC in the Sleeping Giant Inn, and waited until I was out of sight. I then quickly went into my inventory, equipped a bow, and shot him square in the face. As I walked towards the NPC (who was still just sitting there) I saw the arrow lodged in his eye, going clean all the way through his head, and he spoke the words "You're not gonna hurt me again, are ya?"

Freaking hilarious.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: January 10, 2013, 03:48:03 pm »

Arrows are awesome. I love shooting someone in the eyes a few times, but not killing them.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: January 10, 2013, 04:04:00 pm »

Well...I'm not sure if I like it or not. Since my friend's PC broke and he can't afford a new one...I let him play on my machine.

Well...he REALLY likes Star Wars.

Guess what he did to my Skyrim? He downloaded a bunch of Star Wars mods after seeing a few of them spotlighted on an IGN video.

Now my Skyrim game is filled with Star Wars xD
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: January 10, 2013, 04:19:48 pm »

Well...I'm not sure if I like it or not. Since my friend's PC broke and he can't afford a new one...I let him play on my machine.

Well...he REALLY likes Star Wars.

Guess what he did to my Skyrim? He downloaded a bunch of Star Wars mods after seeing a few of them spotlighted on an IGN video.

Now my Skyrim game is filled with Star Wars xD
just without the lame sword skills from episodes 4 to 6

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: January 10, 2013, 10:45:05 pm »

Right. Don't uninstall the Creation Kit.

Well, CK kept failing to load. I haven't used it since the last update...and I guess I should have just had Steam scan it and fix any bad files. And this is a common suggestion. But not knowing that...I uninstalled it instead.

Well, normally...even using add/remove programs and uninstalling Skyrim...all the mod files still exist.

Uninstalling the creation kit wiped 100% of my Skyrim folder. All my mods...everything. Even all the text files. I freaked out and was like "wtf"...then I googled and saw a bunch of comments over on Nexus that had quite a lot of people that had the same thing happen.

Luckily Windows 7 and Microsoft's awesome feature keeps a history of folders. I was able to rollback the folder to yesterday. Restored everything, except the few new mods I got. Got in game, and everything worked like it should.

Maybe this is a common problem, but the only place I've seen this mentioned was on Nexus...couldn't find anyone that said anything about it here. But my search skills aren't that great. And I tend to miss things xD

Anyway, don't uninstall the CK...especially if its to fix bad CK files...which I think might have had something to do with it.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7919 on: January 11, 2013, 01:59:13 am »

Is there a way to make quest NPCs (after finishing their quest of course) into followers (preferably using the console but other stuff is okay too)? Specifically, I'm trying to turn Anska from High Gate Ruins into a follower because she was really awesome, all blasting draugr deathlords around rooms.
I've tried using the following console commands:
Code: (all targeting her, 000443f2) [Select]
setrelationshiprank 000443f2 4
Player.setrelationshiprank 000443f2 4
addfac 5c84d 0
addfac 5a1a4 0
disable
enable
resetai
Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)
Is there anything I'm missing? Can it just not be done at all? Thanks in advance for the help/info!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 896