Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1601332 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7860 on: December 29, 2012, 10:07:01 pm »

This seems like a good place to ask. My browser won't let me go on the ES wiki, for whatever reason, so I bring the question here. How do you cure the "rockjoint" disease? If it matters, I'm an Argonian.
Drink a potion of cure disease or visit the shrine of any Divine to do it for free.
Most recognizable is probably the shrine to Talos in Whiterun, where the crazy guy talks.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7861 on: December 30, 2012, 01:16:12 am »

What does Hearthfire do that mods don't anyways?  Other then being official and fancy?  I'm still playing the game non-DLC... and pretty glad that most popular mods do not require any of the DLC...
I admit im a sucker for construction quests, i was all over the stronghold building and Raven Rock construction on Morrowind. I like dlc cause for alot of mods they aren't well integrated into game as i like to. Dawnguard, while a short quest did gave us alot more immersion for the vampire and werewolf powers.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: December 30, 2012, 02:08:42 am »

Yeah, Dawnguard was fun.  I had that one glitch that made the vamp quests completely impossible, but still.  Fun.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7863 on: December 30, 2012, 03:27:30 am »

With the right perks, a Werewolf can rampage clear across the map, extending transformation time with animal kills, and being pretty much unstoppable. Trying it out, I had to rest for 12 days before my char changed back after the carnage. And that's with attacking only hostiles and animals, no civilians, soldiers, or guards.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7864 on: December 30, 2012, 03:29:10 am »

With the right perks, a Werewolf can rampage clear across the map, extending transformation time with animal kills, and being pretty much unstoppable. Trying it out, I had to rest for 12 days before my char changed back after the carnage. And that's with attacking only hostiles and animals, no civilians, soldiers, or guards.
Wow   :o
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7865 on: December 30, 2012, 03:33:02 am »

Yeah.  Didn't they make it possible to end the transformation at will, pretty much for that reason?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7866 on: December 30, 2012, 04:38:27 am »

You can end it at will?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7867 on: December 30, 2012, 05:42:23 am »

What does Hearthfire do that mods don't anyways?  Other then being official and fancy?  I'm still playing the game non-DLC... and pretty glad that most popular mods do not require any of the DLC...
Quite a few things, other than the cheap price of $1 that I picked it up for during the sale.

1. You get plantable greenhouses + gardens to plant a good number of the herbs and plants you find. So you don't have to hike for hours trying to get swamp fungal pods or creep. They also grow super duper fast.
2. One of the homes has a fish farm, to do the same thing for fish. Including tame slaughterfish.
3. Adoptable children. Haven't successfully gotten one yet though because of all the crashes.

That's about it.

I actually don't recommend it though, there's so many bugs and potential crashes and things like that. For example, you can't actually buy childrens rooms in any of the existing houses for some reason even though the option is there. Maybe when Bethesda patches it.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7868 on: December 30, 2012, 12:28:00 pm »

It might be mods, but at this point mods are directly part of the Skyrim experience because most of them are just so essential and good. I'm more curious how people can play the vanilla version on consoles. It's not like it's less buggy and more stable, since consoles don't even have the unofficial patches.

Though on the other hand, you can check the numerous bug lists on the Skyrim forums and on the two wikis (I never understood why there are two). They list many 360 bugs for hearthfire too, though thankfully they don't have the CTDs I experienced.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7869 on: December 30, 2012, 02:26:23 pm »

I haven't really been playing with any mods...

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7870 on: December 30, 2012, 04:55:33 pm »

Quite a few things, other than the cheap price of $1 that I picked it up for during the sale.

1. You get plantable greenhouses + gardens to plant a good number of the herbs and plants you find. So you don't have to hike for hours trying to get swamp fungal pods or creep. They also grow super duper fast.
2. One of the homes has a fish farm, to do the same thing for fish. Including tame slaughterfish.
3. Adoptable children. Haven't successfully gotten one yet though because of all the crashes.

That's about it.

I actually don't recommend it though, there's so many bugs and potential crashes and things like that. For example, you can't actually buy childrens rooms in any of the existing houses for some reason even though the option is there. Maybe when Bethesda patches it.

Not sure about #2, but there is at least one home mod that lets you build a farm. It does pretty much what hearthfire does...its named Build Your Own Home

There is also Tundra Defense, that lets you build an outpost and it comes with farm plots you can buy and put down.

There is also a mod to adopt children. Called adopt a child.

The only ctd that I've heard happens, is with Tundra Defense as the farm plots grow a lot and fast. But I think that was fixed. I never experience CTDs with any of them, so it may be worth a look instead of getting the buggy and crash prone hearthfire.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7871 on: December 30, 2012, 05:57:31 pm »

My problem with Tundra Defense is laying out the stuff around. Its very hard to do Construction Set work inside the game and frankly takes too much time. Im better off with a predesigned area following the same design as building your house in Build Your Own Home or Hearthfire.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #7872 on: December 30, 2012, 06:04:52 pm »

Yeah, there where very few areas in Fallout: New Vegas that were well-suited for Wasteland Defence. A lot of people used the flatland above the Brotherhood Bunkers, personally I favoured the Prison. The Powder Gangers weren't using it, what with them being dead and all...

Can't think of many areas well suited for this in Skyrim...the volcanic wastes maybe? Very flat, but not many natural defences that I remember...

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7873 on: December 30, 2012, 06:13:13 pm »

How about the swamp of Hjaalmarch?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7874 on: December 30, 2012, 06:15:31 pm »

There's probably mods that add in flat areas for you to use. I know my mod for Oblivion leveled out quite a few unused areas to make them work better with construction mods.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 896