Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1601125 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7830 on: December 26, 2012, 06:07:07 pm »

You can "lose" the ring and still complete the quest. Still, it is quite easy for a tank or mage to steal that ring and reverse-pickpocket it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #7831 on: December 26, 2012, 08:12:17 pm »

The steps are not the whole steps, it refers to the number of stone blocks used to make the steps; typically 9-10... forgot where I read that...
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: December 27, 2012, 01:31:17 am »

Goddammit... Somehow all my saves got corrupted by something that I have no clue about. Checking the logs it says it has something to do with scripts not loading and / or Hearthfire not being able to do stuff.

Fuck.

Just great.

Guess there's no more Skyrim for me for awhile. Maybe when there's a Hearthfire unofficial patch as well.

Maybe you guys can make sense of this log file:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I didn't even do anything since I started the game. Been running the same mods since inception. Suddenly everything goes to shit. Bleh.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: December 27, 2012, 03:06:30 am »

Do you mean "conception"?

Of course, I think the warranty does mention something about breaching the second dream layer voiding it.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7834 on: December 27, 2012, 12:27:17 pm »

Guess there's no more Skyrim for me for awhile. Maybe when there's a Hearthfire unofficial patch as well.

Unofficial patch for Hearthfire has been out for a little bit.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=101261708

As for the error, are you running skyui? It looks like the earliest errors are to do with that, others may just be follow on from that.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: December 27, 2012, 05:03:20 pm »

Yeah I am. I'm thinking that might be the problem for some reason but it might be too late to fix it. The scripts are clearly already broken. Since I didn't change anything since inception, it probably means they've been broken from the start and I merely reached the point now.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: December 27, 2012, 05:29:59 pm »

Pssh, I never let little things like definitions get me down.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7837 on: December 28, 2012, 11:17:37 am »

try running Wrye Bash and see if you can recover those saves (possibility try turning off the scripts)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: December 28, 2012, 01:13:30 pm »

I used the unofficial Hearthfire patch linked by Richard, loaded up an older save, waited about 3 in-game days, then reentered the house. There were a few lingering crashes here and there but it mostly fixed itself. Though I'm still concerned with all the script errors at the beginning of the log.

In any case it got fixed now, thankfully. From what I could tell, the mannequins were the ones crashing the game. Quite likely my steward put them in at that point, which is why it started crashing so abruptly.

I still have weird problems with the mannequins. For example, they ate all my armour that I put on them. And sometimes they move around. So I used the setrace command to change them all into different monsters and now I use them as stuffed trophies (that sometimes move around) rather than for armour storage.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: December 28, 2012, 01:17:05 pm »

Your house has become creepypasta.  You have handled this all wrong.  You should have been taking screenshots and adding commentary the whole time.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: December 28, 2012, 01:37:31 pm »

Your house has become creepypasta.  You have handled this all wrong.  You should have been taking screenshots and adding commentary the whole time.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: December 28, 2012, 03:11:23 pm »

It's especially creepy when the werewolf mannequin I have in the basement next to the forge has his hands by his sides one minute. Then when I turn to use the forge and turn back around, I see it put its arms around me.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: December 28, 2012, 03:14:11 pm »

You should get a mod that adds a Slenderman creature so that you can turn the mannequins into it.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7843 on: December 28, 2012, 03:26:18 pm »

Hmm... so I'm trying out the talky companion mods.  The one with the talky bard and the talky priest.  I can't spell their names at this moment...

The talky bard, I find is really talky and... the voice acting is... lackluster.  Like a cheap Voice Actor intern for a dubbed anime from the 90s.    Maybe it'll get better? At the least, I've found a way to make her less talky.
Apparently she is also level 1 forever, despite Lydia and talky priest leveling up with me.  Her skills go up with use at the very least.  I may or may not end up shelving her in one of my houses if her talkiness does not get better.

The talky priest talks far less, but in comparison, the voice acting has been better.  More life to the way she speaks.

Lydia, never change... and here, carry some more heavy loot for me.  Thanks.

EDIT:
talky bard = Vilja
talky priest = Cerwiden
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 04:38:37 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: December 28, 2012, 04:10:14 pm »

It's especially creepy when the werewolf mannequin I have in the basement next to the forge has his hands by his sides one minute. Then when I turn to use the forge and turn back around, I see it put its arms around me.
You definitely need to post screenshots with commentary.  This sounds like the perfect Skyrim nightmare.
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 896